You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

Well the papers (yeah I know) are now claiming that victims are preparing to go for compensation now and a lot more have come forward.

Now yes, he is a vile bastard that deserves to spend the last years of his life behind bars. I actually think the sentence is far too lenient. And yes, his victims have suffered, they've had to suffer again by digging all of this up. My suggestions for punishment of these bastards would be viewed as barbaric by many.

However, I do think that if any of the victims now actively seek large compensation claims then it sort of dilutes the whole thing. I know they're often led on by the claim 'solicitors' (how fucking depraved do you have to be to do that job?)  I do think they should be offered free counselling and any other help to deal with the possible trauma it has caused them. However real trauma can't often be solved with a cash payout no matter what people think.

I'd much rather see child charities given any compensation, child hospitals etc. Take a chunk of the bastards money and put it in to trying to catch and prosecute more of these sick fuckers. It might help to remove the claims some people make that they did it for the money and I think encourage more people to come forward as a result.

I have no doubt that there's someone out there sick enough to try to profit from the current purge on tv peados by turning what might have been an innocent event into something else. 

Another thing that annoys me is the 'offences' that Savile has been reported to have committed. No he hasn't. These are claims, none of them proven. I'm not saying he wasn't a vile, sick and twisted fucker that abused many. I just find it worrying that every report is now taken as fact and reported as such. Maybe that's my police background I don't know. 

Yeah - that's it, have a go at the legal profession while simultaneously reminding us of the presumption of innocence - upheld by ... err... Or are you saying that victims of child abuse should have to represent themselves when they come forward to claim their right to 'free counselling' that you generously state they should be entitled to? How are they meant to prove that they need that counselling or in fact  were abused? And are you really saying that nobody who suffers trauma should be compensated at all because  money can't fix it? On your logic  someone who loses an arm should get treatment fees only.

Lawyer-bashing. A symptom of ill-thought out right wing assumptions, or maybe that's just your police background too.

Vanessa Feltz is actually a good person.

She may well be but her revelations that Harris touched her up 20 years ago don't do her much credit after other people, much more vulnerable people, came forward and exposed him whilst she did nothing until he had been convicted and was publicly vilified. She could have potentially saved a lot of people abuse and prevented the nation from having to watch that fucking excruciating Animal Hospital . 

Guest davelfc

Yeah - that's it, have a go at the legal profession while simultaneously reminding us of the presumption of innocence - upheld by ... err... Or are you saying that victims of child abuse should have to represent themselves when they come forward to claim their right to 'free counselling' that you generously state they should be entitled to? How are they meant to prove that they need that counselling or in fact  were abused? And are you really saying that nobody who suffers trauma should be compensated at all because  money can't fix it? On your logic  someone who loses an arm should get treatment fees only.

Lawyer-bashing. A symptom of ill-thought out right wing assumptions, or maybe that's just your police background too.

More to do with ambulance chasing scum than the real legal profession. I get 3 or 4 calls a fucking day on my other number from ambulance chasing scum so it's a very sore point with me at the moment. 

I could go on about you police bashing but I'd probably join you on that score, they're mostly cunts and the rest are generally pricks. 

Please don't presume my political persuasion, because you'd be very wrong.

Didn't he have his mum's body at his house for a week and describe it as the best quality time he had spent with her?

You can only imagine what went on

He did on both counts.

TBH, there's nothing unusual about having a loved one at home while waiting for the funeral, but I'd hardly describe it as quality time.  

He did on both counts.

TBH, there's nothing unusual about having a loved one at home while waiting for the funeral, but I'd hardly describe it as quality time.

True but most people don't have a completely fucked up relationship with their mothers that probably drove them to acts of necrophilia and paedophilia

• 2 weeks later...

Must be Edmonds turn soon ...

Former BBC Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning has pleaded guilty to a string of historical sex offences against boys.

The 73-year-old admitted 29 charges of abuse against boys aged between nine and 16, at Southwark Crown Court.

He denied 12 further charges and will face a trial beginning on 24 November at the same London court.

_76750667_76750666.jpg

In my perfect world, Edmonds would receive news of his sentence via the judge answering a ringing phone in court, holding it to his ear and then saying "Oh, oh dear. Sounds like he's well and truly fucked then."

In my perfect world he would be pushed off a low bridge on a long bungee line