You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jimmy Savile dead

Mendoza

That seems to be the case, he's been given a tariff towards the top end of what is possible. Given his health is poor he'll probably see out his days on the inside which seems appropriate.

Hopefully his victims will at least receive generous payouts for his conduct from his £11 million although looking at the way he's arranged his finances through limited companies I suspect he'll hold onto the bulk of it.

The judge said no compensation, but he may be charged costs.

Guest davelfc

Well the papers (yeah I know) are now claiming that victims are preparing to go for compensation now and a lot more have come forward.

Now yes, he is a vile bastard that deserves to spend the last years of his life behind bars. I actually think the sentence is far too lenient. And yes, his victims have suffered, they've had to suffer again by digging all of this up. My suggestions for punishment of these bastards would be viewed as barbaric by many.

However, I do think that if any of the victims now actively seek large compensation claims then it sort of dilutes the whole thing. I know they're often led on by the claim 'solicitors' (how fucking depraved do you have to be to do that job?)  I do think they should be offered free counselling and any other help to deal with the possible trauma it has caused them. However real trauma can't often be solved with a cash payout no matter what people think.

I'd much rather see child charities given any compensation, child hospitals etc. Take a chunk of the bastards money and put it in to trying to catch and prosecute more of these sick fuckers. It might help to remove the claims some people make that they did it for the money and I think encourage more people to come forward as a result.

I have no doubt that there's someone out there sick enough to try to profit from the current purge on tv peados by turning what might have been an innocent event into something else. 

Another thing that annoys me is the 'offences' that Savile has been reported to have committed. No he hasn't. These are claims, none of them proven. I'm not saying he wasn't a vile, sick and twisted fucker that abused many. I just find it worrying that every report is now taken as fact and reported as such. Maybe that's my police background I don't know. 

Another thing that annoys me is the 'offences' that Savile has been reported to have committed. No he hasn't. These are claims, none of them proven. I'm not saying he wasn't a vile, sick and twisted fucker that abused many. I just find it worrying that every report is now taken as fact and reported as such. Maybe that's my police background I don't know. 

Some of the interviews of Saviles victims are harrowing . Normally I would agree with you about the claims being unproven in a court of law but there isn't a shadow of doubt about the scale of his crimes in my mind and  only death kept him out of prison 

Guest davelfc

Some of the interviews of Saviles victims are harrowing . Normally I would agree with you about the claims being unproven in a court of law but there isn't a shadow of doubt about the scale of his crimes in my mind and  only death kept him out of prison 

I'm not going to defend him, but it will be a sad day when even harrowing accounts are taken as fact. That doesn't stop me believing he was a serial abuser though. 

" Fuck off Lizzie. I am mortally fucking offended. I'd stay out of the water for a while if I was you, squire." A manatee, yesterday.

In my young twenties I was knocking off a bird who in fairness to her was really fit, super-popular with the lads, uber-confident and started to give me a bit of the run around until I wised up. Someone told her she looked like Vanessa Feltz in front of me once, and her expression aimed at turning them to stone was absolutely sensational.

Few bigger insults to a female can be imagined, though Feltz's voice and personality arguably succeed in being even less attractive than her form. I'm confident I would murder her if trapped in a lift together. Obviously it would need to be a most generous-sized lift for me to stay conscious long enough to do so.

Pigs have feelings too

VF has said today she has been a victim of vile misogyny on social media since making her claims about Rolf getting touchy in the studio.

Now I apologise for the crass remarks I made about her  . On reflection they were unpleasant and are not representative of my views on women or the crimes committed by Harris however she does have one question to answer. Why in her position as a seemingly strong minded woman in the public eye did she wait until Harris was convicted to come forward ? Surely she is in a unique position to be in the vanguard of women taking action against molesters such as him. Could it be she didn't want to potentially damage her career by coming forward and if so how many other people subsequently suffered as a result of her silence.. To stand up now just looks like jumping on the bandwagon and manipulation of public opinion which maybe unfair but so is her crying foul when people react badly to her late revelations. Perhaps if she had explained this a bit better she would have had a more sympathetic reaction. 

• Upvote 1