You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I clearly said I did it once, it’s always the easiest way out of just facing up to the fact you’re in the wrong or in Evra’s case played shit and got bullied by a better footballer.

The way in which he has gone about his complaint is laughable, he didn’t tell the FA nor did he tell his manager who everybody knows would back his players no matter what. He told a French TV channel.

I’m just comparing his situation to the ONE and ONLY time I pulled out the racist card for no reason, it’s funny that he only seems to be racially abused after United have lost, or he’s played shite.

United win that game 2-1 and he doesn’t make these allegations, it’s as simple as that.

Still think the FA should conduct an investigation. To prove/disprove Evra.

I don't know Kristian Walsh but he's made himself look a bit of a dickhead on twitter.

Last night:

"Patrice Evra has accused racism of three players before today. All three have been cleared."

Then this morning, obviously after plenty of people have corrected him:

"Amazing how so many missed my point last night. If people make statements in the public sphere, it doesn't automatically make them true."

So to translate then, what he's saying is I'm a journalist; I'll write what the fuck I like and it doesn't have to be true, more fool you if you believe it.

Brilliant.

Like I say, I don't know the bloke but that's red-top shitrag journalism. From LFCTV's 'official' columnist. Pretty disgraceful.

Actually no, if it's true then Suarez is definitely the bigger cunt.

I disagree. Whichever of these it is, is a cunt. Accusing someone of saying something racist that didn't happen or someone saying something racist is equally cuntish.

Being black myself, I know how easy it is to flip out the racism card. I remember the one and only time I lied about being racially abused. I had just had a fight in school, and lost. I was annoyed and embarrassed so I told the teacher it started because he called me a nigger. It seemed the easiest way out of trouble, it couldn’t be proved otherwise and I gained sympathy.

Evra and Suarez had a battle, Evra lost. He was annoyed and embarrassed so he told a French TV channel Suarez called him a nigger. It probably seemed the easiest way to deter from his fucking useless performance, it couldn’t really be proved otherwise and he’s gained some sympathy.

People have made such a big deal over how bad racism is that it’s so easy and probably too easy to just claim somebody racially abused you to get yourself out of a situation.

It’s always black people as well; people seem to forget that a black person can racially abuse a white person. Yet we hardly ever, if ever see/hear stories of a white player accusing a black player of racism.

What I’m trying to say is black people lie about being racially abused, quite a lot.

Too much weird stuff in that post, just because you acted like a twat, although in mitigation I guess you were about six at the time. It doesn't mean lots of people do.

I would say if a grown up adult behaves in such a manner they have serious issues and by behaving in such a manner it trivialises real forms of racism.

I dont know about Uruguay but in Costa Rica they use "negro" as a descriptive word for people. For example "Digale al negro que venga" = "Tell the black to come over"

All of this in a non-racist manner. "Pura Vida Negro" = "Whats up black"

They even do "negrito" or "blackie" for a term with care.

I can back this up . I have just been for a few beers with my Columbian friend* . His best man was a Uraguigiaguinanananiann and he confirmed all of the above. He said it is used frequesntly in a non nasty way. Just their way is all .

* feel free to insert Scarface references

Funny how the accused's actual character is always ignored when an accusation of Racism is made! Just the very act of accusing someone of racism is enough to suggest it is true, as Zigackly said, as far as I am concerned he is innocent and it is up to the horrible whinging little manc twat to prove otherwise.

I was ammused to read the Mirror today. in support of Evra's claims they chose to refer to Suarez being banned for biting someone in Holland, rather than refer to Evra's previous claims of Racism! Not that Simon Mullock has an agenda at all!

I don't know Kristian Walsh but he's made himself look a bit of a dickhead on twitter.

Last night:

"Patrice Evra has accused racism of three players before today. All three have been cleared."

"Amazing how so many missed my point last night. If people make statements in the public sphere, it doesn't automatically make them true."

So to translate then, what he's saying is I'm a journalist; I'll write what the fuck I like and it doesn't have to be true, more fool you if you believe it.

Brilliant.

Like I say, I don't know the bloke but that's red-top shitrag journalism. From LFCTV's 'official' columnist. Pretty disgraceful.

Andy Heaton got into a pointless heated argument with Anne Eaves over it and wouldn't answer her question on something. Very politician style work from

Andy.

Guest San Don
I was just reading their reaction over on RedCafe and they've got him hung already, surprisingly.

In the gifs they've posted on there supposedly showing Suarez abusing Evra you can see he says something but it's hard to make out.

suarezlq5f.gif

Looks to me like evra is trying to get a response of some sort out of suarez to me. He's giving him the eye from start to finish of that sequence.

As for what suarez said in it, it could be 'fuck off' or 'you what?' doesnt look remotely like he said 'nigger' in that clip.

Last night:

Brilliant.

What was the big deal? Evra has accused players of it in the past, hasn't he? Did he just get the number wrong? If so, honest mistake?

What was the big deal? Evra has accused players of it in the past, hasn't he? Did he just get the number wrong? If so, honest mistake?

No he hasn't. That was the point.

I have no time for Patrice Evra but it doesn't look good when facts aren't being checked up on prior to him tweeting it, especially when he is an employee of the club to boot.

Lurtz is totally right what he says.

425203406.jpg

Pretty funny.

Hope I'm not being too miserable, and I know it was just light-hearted, but within our club the word "Justice" shouldn't be used in conjunction with anything other than one issue.

"Just get the number wrong"?

What it does show, though, is the value of gatekeeping in journalism. These people need an editor to keep them in check.

Nothing will come out of it, because it'll be impossible to prove. But mud sticks, so Evra's little game will succeed. I know a lot of 'neutrals' don't like Suarez and this incident will have people's minds made up one way or another, regardless of evidence or lack of it.

I don't think he said anything like that, for reasons detailed throughout this thread but I'm a bit annoyed for Suarez because if he's done nothing wrong, why has he got to put up with this kind of character assassination? The second post on his Facebook wall is some mong mentioning the Ghana handball, people all know about the biting incident. He doesn't need more flak, but the foaming-at-the-mouth dickheads around the grounds will be hanging, drawing and quartering him as we type. Maybe we don't care - maybe he's our twat - but that's not the point.

Evra'll come out of this smelling of roses, like every fucker at that club always does.

Suarez is already being treated like a fucking leper (apologies to those with dermatological problems) and being declaimed as something akin to Nick Griffin (apologies to anyone who is optically disadvantaged) by some members of the Mancunian (apologies to any poor fucker who has to live near the unwashed, inbred, rat-eating cunts) media. So let's support our Uruguayan brother until Evra withdraws his race card motivated (apologies to Johnny Cochrane and OJ Simpson) accusations.

Evra has certainly got form but he previously accused a chelsea steward of racism. The accusations levelled at Finnan came from some deaf fans at a game who mis-read his lips. Evra has never accused a player. For an employee of our club to make such a fundamentally wrong accusation of a player, no matter how much of a twat that player is, then to just brush it off in such a lighthearted way is pretty fucking low.

Evra has certainly got form but he previously accused a chelsea steward of racism. The accusations levelled at Finnan came from some deaf fans at a game who mis-read his lips. Evra has never accused a player. For an employee of our club to make such a fundamentally wrong accusation of a player, no matter how much of a twat that player is, then to just brush it off in such a lighthearted way is pretty fucking low.

People are right in saying he never accused Finnan . But at the same time dont remember him coming out and confirming that there was no case to answer . He just sat back and let all the shit spread till an official statement was issued clearing Finnan .