You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Evra accuses Suarez of racism

NickConklin

I was just reading their reaction over on RedCafe and they've got him hung already, surprisingly.

In the gifs they've posted on there supposedly showing Suarez abusing Evra you can see he says something but it's hard to make out.

suarezlq5f.gif

I'm stunned at the sheer magnitude of the accusation. He's racially abused him on no fewer than 10 occasions, in the biggest club fixture in world football, in front of millions of people.

Fans world over are'nt talking about the game, they're asking if Suarez is a racist or not. Its an attack on Luis' character, a reputation he needs and values so highly. His advisers will surely take action on this slur if Evra is lying.

Its unprecedented. Dont think it can be compared with a scuffle with a groundsman or an incident which happened in a minor fixture. The consequences for Luis are great.

Throw into the pot Fergie's post-match statement that "Suarez dives all over the place" then I think its pretty obvious theres an agenda here.

Thats the kicker for me. Now, IF and I emphasize IF the claim is he said it 10 times which I think is what Evra is claiming.

Theres no way that would have gone unnoticed and unheard. I'd say absolutely impossible. Someone else on the United team would have heard it and all hell would be breaking loose or somebody somewhere of all the millions of the people watching it would have noticed him saying it.

We'll know soon enough anyway because if Luis did say it ten times, multiple cameras will have caught it, a lip reader should easily be able to make out what hes said unless hes a world class ventriloquist and he'll subsequently be punished for it.

You both have it spot on. There is absolutely no way that a cunt, yes a fucking cunt like Evra would not have kicked off with this on the alleged 1st occurrence. The cunt would have have gone crazy like he did within the French squad, the guy has no credibility what so ever, not even a role model for young french footballers. The fact that Slur makes him captain epitomises what the Mancs are all about!!

This is about changing the perception people have over Luis!!!! Evra lost out against Suarez in the wind up stakes, Suarez stuck it on him and he fucking cried like a baby..

This is about discrediting Luis, I hope this can be proved that this can not be substantiated and as a result Luis attacks with a challenge of slander.

Just because they were disproved as you say doesn't mean they didn't happen however. The Finnan one in any case was not Evra responsible in any case but deaf people in the crowd. That was rightly thrown out.

The Chelsea one was maybe a case of misunderstanding to what he was actually called in the warmdown by one of the Chelsea ground staff.

This is the first time he has directly accused another player of it though. If we can't get the facts right from previous incidents it wouldn't make any of us good lawyers would it!

The absolute fact of the matter as we all know Evra is a shitstirring little toad (notice how I didn't say frog) but just because he has been a little shitstirrer in the past especially with his national team doesn't mean he may be making this up.

The fact Ferguson singled Suarez out though after the game and now this does make you wonder though.

No it doesn't but it does show a trend on his behaviour....

The fact is none of us know if this is true or not. Obviously it should be investigated and, if its true, luis should be given a hefty fine, at least a 3 match ban and a warning from us that any further incidents and he will be sold. Might sound dramatic to some but there is no excuse for that kind of thing and Liverpool Football Club should never tolerate anything like that. Like I say though, that's if its proven beyond any doubt that he has said it. Sadly I don't think evra can be punished if it isn't proven because u can't prove a negative. Its possible, although extremely unlikely, that something could have been said and there is absolutely no proof so there is no way of saying for certain that it definitely didn't happen. Hopefully there will be no proof of anything and that will be that.

Its Bullshit, mind games to take the focus of a shit performance and negative tactics. Ferguson never ceases to amaze in how much of a classless fucker he actually is.

You gotta love Kenny. He never ever brings it down to that level.

So when is identifying a person by a place ok........If someone calls me a Paddy is it really that bad? I have no real gripe if someone chooses to call me a Paddy Cunt over an Irish Cunt.

Also in this instance if he was called a French cunt would he being going mad? if he was called a black cunt would he be going mad? The word for black in Spanish and Portuguese I think is negro. So he may have been calling him black, which he is. Isn't using the term black an ok term? Why do you need to describe someone from where they are from or what they look like, well we do it with all different types of people, be them from a place or fat, skinny, ginger, small etc, etc.

Yes I know the word N#gger is frowned upon (and i wouldn't use it to describe a black person) but Black people do call each other Niggas and a mate i used to have (who was black made us call him Nigga).

The point I'm making is that if he said negro ie black in Spanish has that been seen as racist from Evra but not in Suarez's mind? Just a thought.

So when is identifying a person by a place ok........If someone calls me a Paddy is it really that bad? I have no real gripe if someone chooses to call me a Paddy Cunt over an Irish Cunt.

Also in this instance if he was called a French cunt would he being going mad? if he was called a black cunt would he be going mad? The word for black in Spanish and Portuguese I think is negro. So he may have been calling him black, which he is. Isn't using the term black an ok term? Why do you need to describe someone from where they are from or what they look like, well we do it with all different types of people, be them from a place or fat, skinny, ginger, small etc, etc.

Yes I know the word N#gger is frowned upon (and i wouldn't use it to describe a black person) but Black people do call each other Niggas and a mate i used to have (who was black made us call him Nigga).

The point I'm making is that if he said negro ie black in Spanish has that been seen as racist from Evra but not in Suarez's mind? Just a thought.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Latin American people generally attach 'negro' or 'blanco' to some other descriptive phrase (probably 'come mierda' in Evra's case) but it doesn't carry any racist connotations.

As people say its a serious charge and needs to be fully investigated, but it would be amazingly stupid if Suarez had uttered this '10 times' during the game in front of millions.

Anyways i call bullshit on it all. Someone calls me by a racist term it aint gonna take 10 ocassions and all the way to the end of the match to do something about it. Didn't he go on strike or burn sheep or something during the world cup when Raymond Domenech called him a shithead or something like?

That's a good point about the English aspect Robbie yeah. I don't think it happened myself but as I say I would still want it to be investigated. The FA has a moral duty to do that much.

The part about more players having heard it is an interesting one as again I go back to Harkness and Collymore two players who speak English as their first language. Us and Villa had more English players in their starting line ups back then than they would now but none of the players backed up either of the players involved. The fact nobody backed Stans claim up at the time doesn't mean it didn't happen however but it couldn't be proved at the same time that Steve was guilty of it.

I think that was probably more about players not wanting to be part of the shitstorm. Maybe they felt it was nothing to do with them.

If Suarez really did do it, then the United players would have leaped to the defence of Evra, mainly because of who Suarez plays for. The rivalry would have accelerated any claim in my opinion.

I'm sure that Suarez, a South American, calls black people names.

That neighbourhood he grew up in, the years in Holland playing with African and Surinamese players, it all adds unto a deeply racist man.

He's played against better, blacker players, and not had this problem before.

Fuck, I'd call Evra a nigger everytimeif I knew it wound him up to the point that it affects his game. Fuuuuuuck off, its embarrassing, and reflects really badly on the league.

Evra has enough previous for this to be thrown out. Fin an should have sued the cunt the first time.

That neighbourhood he grew up in, the years in Holland playing with African and Surinamese players, it all adds unto a deeply racist man.

Fuck, I'd call Evra a nigger everytimeif I knew it wound him up to the point that it affects his game. Fuuuuuuck off, its embarrassing, and reflects really badly on the league.

Evra has enough previous for this to be thrown out. Fin an should have sued the cunt the first time.

What the fuck!

Is any of this serious?

The Finnan incident was actually fans who reported it not the player, I'm pretty sure it was some deaf footie fans.

The same things we are saying about Evra are the same things people are saying about Suarez, ie he is a cunt who has form for being in scrapes. Let the authorises investigate and asses any footage.

"Greater Manchester Police have informed Liverpool they will not be taking any action against Steve Finnan following allegations that he racially abused Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

The incident being investigated followed complaints by lip-readers watching the televised Premiership clash at Old Trafford on January 22. Finnan had just given away a free-kick, which led to Rio Ferdinand's winning goal. Evra did not raise any complaints, although he was aware of the allegations.

The Liverpool defender vehemently denied the accusations and video evidence sanctioned by the Anfield club supported that view and now the police have dropped the case.

A Liverpool spokesman said: "Obviously we welcome the news. Our own analysis of the television footage proved there was no evidence to back up these claims. It's very unfortunate that Steve's good name has been dragged through the mud in the meantime and we are glad this matter has now been resolved."

"

Finnan cleared of racist taunting | Football | guardian.co.uk

Guest San Don
Just because nothing is proved doesn't mean it didn't happen though. Stan Collymore/Steve Harkness back in 98. Who knows what happened there to this day for instance? Both players vehemently declared the opposite at the time. Stan Collymore was adamant he was called a c**n and Steve Harkness denied it strongly.

I'm sitting on the fence with this one for the time being.

Evra hasn't cried wolf three times as some are suggesting. he hasn't even cried wolf once. He wasn't responsible for the Finnan stuff that was some fans in the ground. The Chelsea stuff was after the game in a warmdown when the ground was empty and there was no conclusive proof either way but immigrant and ignorant were the words being confused at the time.

With something like this it needs to be looked into without the colour of your teams specs on. We think Evra is a cunt, United think Suarez is a cunt, even prior to this. Suarez is rightly innocent until proven guilty if indeed it can be proven but the FA can't let it just go away. Full investigation needed and welcomed.

In our society, be that in general or in a competitive sport, one is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

I think Im a pretty balance sort of person and I detest abuse whether that be racist, physical or mental. But let's look at the context and balance of probability here.

This, is the biggest game in england, europe and possibly the world. It was televised the world over and cameras were all around the ground.

evra I think started the process off by doing the card waving at the ref. He'd been done over a few times during the game by suarez. He'd had a rant at the ref supposedly to me for wanting suarez booked such that the ref actually booked him.

At no time during the game did evra raise the 'nigger' comment once with the ref. Not once yet, he claims he was called 'nigger' by suarez no less than 10 times.

Now, I dont know about you but if I was being called a racist comment not once but many times during the game, I'd have said something about that racists comment in the game. So why didnt he?

In any event, how come none of his team mates heard it and complain to the ref? remember this is united we are talking about, a team that has absolutely no regard for pressuring refs to benefit them.

But again, despite the claim the word was used 'ten times' not one of his team mates heard it. I'd suggest none of our team heard it or they would surely have told him to shut it especially Kuyt who seems to speak to him in dutch.

But, what I find particularly false about these claims is evra didnt raise it immediately after the game with ferguson or the ref. Instead, he chose to make the comment to a french tv channel 20 minutes after the game.

Why would someone make those accusations to a tv channel before telling your manager and ref? They are the ones empowered to do something rather than go mouthing off to a tv station which would sensationalise the comments.

And hey presto, that's what has happened.

To me, there's an underlying snidey reason evra has gone about this which is why I very much doubt it happened.

If its proved that suarez did make the comments then fair enough, he'll get hammered. But equally evra should get hammered (although he wont) for claiming he was called 'nigger' 10 tens when in his own words there were lots of cameras and people could see for themselves.