You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer window 2012

Megadrive Man

What a load of shite.

What top players did we attract after winning the CL again, Crouch, Pennant and Kuyt?

Winning something should always be more important than finishing 4th, you would probably have joined in on Moyes champagne party when they finished 4th with the incredible 61 points losing or drawing more games than they won.

What did they win again?

Its all about winning, the day you starts celbrating the achivement of just participating is the day you have lost.

01001001 01100100 01101001 01101111 01110100 00101110

• Downvote 1

Guest the boy

What a load of shite.

What top players did we attract after winning the CL again, Crouch, Pennant and Kuyt?

Those were the caliber of player that we could afford, making subsequent performances all the more remarkable. Which is not to say that we couldn't have signed top players, had the money been there. The conversation is redundant; money triumphs over standing now.

Pogrebnyak joining Fulham on loan, after failing to do much of anything in Germany, he just never built on his good year at Zenit.

personally find the Russian league to be very overrated and would be wary about buying anyone from it

obviously there are bargains to be found such as Skrtel

Kenny kind of spoiled the sadistic fun that comes along with hoping for a last minute wonder signing. Next time kenny just say anythings possible and wink at the camera.

it doesn't even have to be a wonder signing, last summer when it looked like the Bellamy deal was dead at one point it was even entertaining sitting there praying that we didn't get Benayoun back

Guest davelfc
Jelavic leaves Goodison to 'freshen up'

vinnie o'connor saying he'll be back and he's been assured he'll be back

I'd love him to keep driving back to glasgow!

If he does a runner I think I'd still be laughing next week.

Not that I wanna see the club throwing money around with wild abandon, just for the sake of it, I have to say I'm very disappointed that the transfer window will pass without any signings, when it is clear that a few reinforcements are required.

David Pizarro on loan would have been a very shrewd move, he could have filled the Lucas void til the end of the season, as he can play the holding midfield role, as we seem very reliant on Spearing now, and even he is injured at the moment.

Could also have done with another striker, even a loan signing, just to tide the squad over til summertime.

I find it amazing that no one has come in, although, on the other hand, if KK/DC have tried to sign players they want, and were rebuffed, then I'd be happy that they haven't moved on to sign someone else just for the sake of it.

Definitely need a striker/def mid/right winger in the summer though.

Theres no way we are signing anyone now, dont even hope, we have a game in a few hours and thats that. Hopefully for the rest of the week in training we will have our strikers trying to kick a ball at the goal just at first and then certain parts of the goal and who knows in a week or too we will see what they are like with a keeper in there too. Who knows maybe by the end of the season we will have a striker break the 8 goals mark.