You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Along the same lines as the thread on the dark side.

What Music, Film, Television, Books and so forth do you cringe at when people say it's great?

Dark Side of the Moon.

I think it's one of the most overrated albums ever made. The band, to me, seem like cunts, I just don't get it! I've listened to it a fair few times, me old man is a fan, and it just seems like twaddle and noodling for personal gratification.

The Soprano's.

I watched the first few seasons and like it, to a degree, but thought it became very tired and went over the same ground quite a lot.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

They've released the same album consistently over the past ten years.

Lord of the Rings.

Just Dwarf's wandering around for nine fucking hours whilst things explode.

There's probably plenty more that'll come to me as the thread develops, but I'll leave it to you to jog my memory.

The Davinci Code.

One dimensional characters and direlogue.

I was going to put that down on my list but I thought it was an easy target. The story is shocking, and stolen, there is no character development, the dialogue is stodgy at best and it's sold a fuck load!

I just don't get it, am I missing something?

Friends - The fact it is so monumentally popular proves the fact that the vast majority of humanity really is thick as pig shit and we are being dragged into the future by the select few. Same goes for big brother and reality TV and celebrity worship for all those that love it, I hate you, I hate you so bad.

Look at the music charts..... I hate you, you make this world fucking awful.

ahhhhhh

Lost In Translation. The way people go on about it is as if it's landmark cinema for the 21st century. Nothing fucking happens for two hours.

There is another MASSIVE one that would certainly qualify for amnesty in my view, but I very much doubt that certain forumites would be prepared to let it go.

• Upvote 1

Nirvana.

I've never say this in a none amnesty thread as I know I'd get negged to fuck.

They totally passed me by as a youth and when I try and listen as an adult I just think it's generic angsty nonsense.

I used to be a bit of a "goth/rocker" whatever it was back in the day and had to pretend to like them so the pasty faced grundgies wouldn't disown me but I never really got it.

Fair do's.

I think Rodriguez is mythologised more than listened to nowadays though, talented nonetheless.

I must stress I'm no fan of Sixto either.

I can appreciate what both have done away from music, or rather, through it. But ultimately as an auditory experience its just not for me.

Nirvana.

I've never say this in a none amnesty thread as I know I'd get negged to fuck.

They totally passed me by as a youth and when I try and listen as an adult I just think it's generic angsty nonsense.

I used to be a bit of a "goth/rocker" whatever it was back in the day and had to pretend to like them so the pasty faced grundgies wouldn't disown me but I never really got it.

Excellent one this.

Spent a year liking them when I must have been about 14. It was just the done thing. We smoked weed and listened to Nirvana. Because we were cool.

Never had a really shit haircut thankfully.

Everything Paul McCartney has ever done since the Beatles split up

Citizen Kane - possibly it was ground-breaking at the time but now it's shit & no-one cares what Rosebud was. Anyway Gone with the Wind was made earlier & it's better

Modern jazz - if it's about the notes that they don't play, then why don't they shut the fuck up

Blade Runner - sorry, don't get it & don't believe it's that deep unless you're stoned. Oh & throw 2001: A Space Odyssey into the same category

The Scream by Munch - over-rated cartoon

Gregorian chanting - learn an instrument

Romeo & Juliet - Two 13 year olds think they're the only people who've ever been in love and top themselves in a teenage tantrum. Darwinism in action

Lord of the Rings.

Just Dwarf's wandering around for nine fucking hours whilst things explode.

The Silmarillion is his best work, think it's several times better than the LOTR, and there's no Hobbits either. It's easily the most epic thing I've ever read, and I've no clue at all why it's hardly ever mentioned. If they made a film of that they'd have a serious job on their hands.

I'm going for a genre : Steampunk. Have got no clue at all what the point in it is, it does my head in. Cyberpunk = yes. Steampunk = no.