You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eraserhead.

As some of you lot may have sussed, I'm a massive David Lynch fan, and as an intial peek behind Lynch's velour curtain, Eraserhead is a decent place to start.

But as a film, Eraserhead is hugely flawed.

Whilst the film looks incredible and it (re)introduces styles and themes, probably not seen in cinema for yonks, and Lynch conjurs an atmosphere so bleak and oppressive that by the end, you can almost feel the soot in your lungs, as a coherent story and narrative Eraserhead fails drastically.

And what the fuck was the ballerina in the radiator all about ?!

Art college, film school, 6th form, LSD head fuck.

Eraserhead.

As some of you lot may have sussed, I'm a massive David Lynch fan, and as an intial peek behind Lynch's velour curtain, Eraserhead is a decent place to start.

But as a film, Eraserhead is hugely flawed.

Whilst the film looks incredible and it (re)introduces styles and themes, probably not seen in cinema for yonks, and Lynch conjurs an atmosphere so bleak and oppressive that by the end, you can almost feel the soot in your lungs, as a coherent story and narrative Eraserhead fails drastically.

And what the fuck was the ballerina in the radiator all about ?!

Art college, film school, 6th form, LSD head fuck.

She's the link between sanity and insanity, real and imaginary, isn't she?

[YOUTUBE]Qrl3n2ZtK2E[/YOUTUBE]

M Night Shyamalan.

What a fucking shyster this talentless cunt is.

To blame for some of the most horrific, agonisingly shite, terrible, unwatchable, cringe-worthy, vomit inducing, utterly appalling films ever to disgrace the cinema screen : The Village (my most hated film ever), The Happening (trust me - fuck all happens), Devil etc etc

Proof enough that The 6th Sense must have been a fluke...and that is way overrated.

Who rates him? No-one I know.

Good thread.

Oasis, Stone Roses, and all that 'Madchester' bollocks, bunch of helmet-headed, badly dressed, tedious cunts. The Smiths can fuck off as well "Oooh I wanted a job!" and Joy Division, stupid depressed twat.

I feel liberated.

A thousand times yes! There has never been a good band from manchester. Not one.

Science. Alright, it's given us great medicinal and technological advances -- but enough is enough. I don't want to know everything about the world and the universe. I think science makes interesting things boring and strips ethics of all reason. Even though I have an iPod and a laptop, I'd be much happier living in a log cabin somewhere, surviving off the land, spending my evenings beside wood fires and dying when my body gives up.

Politics. Incredibly fucking tedious, broken system. One of my most passionate hatreds involves listening to people who know nothing about politics, talk about politics. Almost everybody involved in it is devoid of any tangible charisma, and this is typified by moonfaced protocunt David Cameron standing as the elected representative of the people of Great Britain, alongside Nick Clegg with the leader of the opposition - wait for it - Ed Miliband. There is no hope.

Olympics/ athletics

boxing

the song "love will tear us apart" and all the cunts who cover it/ sing it/ ruin it. It has lost all meaning. New order is much better anyway.

Superdry clothing - you're incapable of independent thought. Well done, you shit.

The shield/ the wire etc. if i want drama and violence I'll turn to Hollywood. Sorry but i don't have a spare four years to watch the box sets. Is that okay?

Glastonbury

comedy

You're telling me that you consider Bill Murray a bigger cultural sacred cow than Shakespeare?

Philistine

Haha, had you said Shakespeare that would have been different.

Oh and I'm adding South Park, it was funny when I was about 12, I've been watching Family guy a bit lately and that's shite as well except for Peter, the baby is as funny as piles.

LoTR: elves and orcs and dragons and whutnot? Fuck. Off. Nerds.

Lost: Conspiracy theorist wankathon. They should have eaten each other in ep 1.

Arctic Monkeys: I once threw my guitar down a flight of stairs and had a better song than those fuckers have. True story.

Arcade Fire: OK, so I have a shit voice and can hardly sing? Lets fire up Fruity Loops and make an Indie band from Canada!

Any Stanley Kubrick film that isn't Full Metal Jacket.

A Clockwork Orange is an unwatchable mess, yet people seem to love it. Eyes Wide Shut is incredibly dull with long periods of literally nothing happening, Dr Strangelove is ok but massively overrated and The Shining doesn't do justice to the book.

Also, more controversially, I really like Coldplay. I think they've wrote some of the best tunes of the 21st century, are fantastic live and that Chris Martin seems like a thoroughly decent chap.

Oh and I'm adding South Park, it was funny when I was about 12, I've been watching Family guy a bit lately and that's shite as well except for Peter, the baby is as funny as piles.

This, although I was just going to say Cartoons, I don't find any of them funny. Family Guy is the main one, it's shit. I wouldn't mind if there weren't these people who insist on quoting it all the fucking time.

Also, Muse.