You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

In hindsight the only good thing about hodgson was that he was so shit it and it was so obvious early on any optimism brought in for a new manager was very brief and for many it was the straw that broke the camels back with regards to the owners.

I remember a few friends still being on the fence and being cautiously optimistic about him being appointed but I couldn't believe we had sunk so low. I remember trying to convince myself it wasn't going to be a disaster but the signings he made were so painfully bad it was inevitable that they wouldn't work. I mean Paul fucking konchesky?

I remember shaking my head in disbelief at people and the articles saying joe Cole would be an inspired signing.

The elation that cancer and aids had gone was amazing and finally getting rid of the owl felt like a fresh start.

Shame we spunked that new hope on Andy Carroll.

Meanwhile, the Palace boss admits that there is no magic wand to turn things around, with Palace now seven games into the Premier League season and still searching for their first point of the campaign.

But he says that the only thing that will help the team climb away from danger will be results, adding that one win in the league has the potential to transform the Eagles’ season.

“It depends how we get it,” he said.

“If we got it because we played really well and suddenly look like a totally different team, then you are probably right.  But that is probably unlikely. We don't have magic wands. We have talent as coaches and experience and we are hard workers. That's what we bring, but we don't have magic wands.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/roy-hodgson-outlines-plan-crystal-557854

Normally, I'd say it's premature to write a team off, but Palace have given everyone else a 7-game (and counting) head start. Somehow, I'm not convinced they'll stay up.

I still think they will put together a run given the players they have but Parish better get on the blower to Jabba pretty damn quick, Woy has evidently lost the dressing room already, 

In hindsight the only good thing about hodgson was that he was so shit it and it was so obvious early on any optimism brought in for a new manager was very brief and for many it was the straw that broke the camels back with regards to the owners.

I remember a few friends still being on the fence and being cautiously optimistic about him being appointed but I couldn't believe we had sunk so low. I remember trying to convince myself it wasn't going to be a disaster but the signings he made were so painfully bad it was inevitable that they wouldn't work. I mean Paul fucking konchesky?

I remember shaking my head in disbelief at people and the articles saying joe Cole would be an inspired signing.

The elation that cancer and aids had gone was amazing and finally getting rid of the owl felt like a fresh start.

Shame we spunked that new hope on Andy Carroll.

Redemption is at hand now the Bitters want to sign him

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," said manager Roy Hodgson.

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.

"That's our choice at the moment or we go to the 4-6-0 system."

Meanwhile, wor Alan Shearer blames the players and gives Roy a pass.

"I know there is a complete lack of confidence for Crystal Palace at the moment but some players are scared of their own shadows. It is lack of effort too.

"How on earth can you score goals without men in the box? They have to work harder, you cannot just give up.

"You cannot accept the lack of effort, some players are not working hard enough. It is looking bleak for them, Roy Hodgson has a hell of a job on his hands."

When Hodgson came I knew he was very much a stop gap based on what was going on with the ownership at the time and my expectations were so low on Hodgson that I didn't expect much at all. But fuck me,that useless cunt made me even re-evaluate even rock bottom expectations. The relief when he left was akin to,I imagine,pulling through a major illness or accident when you realise the only way is up even if its baby steps. Since Hodgson left its just been hilarity upon hilarity and especially with England,they were made for each other.

Thing that gets me is his complete lack of self awareness.

Apart from the findus fish finger league he has won nothing of any distinction.

Yet he classes himself as a top manager. Even after the England shambles and getting knocked out by Iceland he did not see why a man of his greatness had to explain himself.

When my Granddad was 70 he was only allowed out to by the paper not manage a premier league side. 

• Upvote 1

Yet he classes himself as a top manager. Even after the England shambles and getting knocked out by Iceland he did not see why a man of his greatness had to explain himself.

When my Granddad was 70 he was only allowed out to by the paper not manage a premier league side.

I'm sure your Grandad was a better manager than Hodgson too.

Bit ageist there mate !  Slur was older than Woy when he last won the title.

Woy is just one of those people that were old and set in their ways before they got to middle age . In footballing terms he is a dinosaur, the last of his species and about to become extinct

His comments mistify me. I'm starting to think he's taking the piss and his whole career is just a parody.

Never has one man encapsulated so much dislike from me for not really anything other than he is a bit of an arrogant, deluded cunt. I saw some highlights the other night, not sure what game it was, but he was stood on the touchline with his hand on his chin, ridiculously and obviously trying to look pensive and thoughtful. Then he took his hand off his chin, looked around and possibly noticed someone looking at him, so put his hand on his fucking chin again and added a look of contemplation to his grid. Fucking irritating, contrived, arrogant, delusional, wanker cunt.

• Upvote 2

"We are playing a left winger from Wolves at centre forward, which is a position he has never played before in his life," said manager Roy Hodgson.

"Freddie Ladapo come on for his first Premier League game after being signed from non-league a couple of years ago, and he's never had a sniff of first-team football.

"That's our choice at the moment or we go to the 4-6-0 system."

Excellent way to install confidence in your own players this.