You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eurovision Song Contest

RedinSweden

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

You can be a snidey liitle fucker at times when you get criticized.

Even in jest.

You called me gay for saying you can avoid Eurovision. Don't cry when I take the piss back. 

I think it was mildly watchable to a fair amount of people until it just turned more camp than a merger between Butlins and Pontins. I think it's squarely aimed at the people who watch those talent-less shows these days and much less enjoyable to older viewers. Of course that was probably their aim anyway.

It's easy for me to avoid so it's not really worth getting that wound up over it to be honest.

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

is it dripping in union jacks though? Because that's not what I've seen. 

It's the impression given on GMB this morning.  They chatted to a group of people there all wearing union jack clothing.  

Sometime you gotta swallow it, just bad timing with the anthems at the game I suppose . 

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's the impression given on GMB this morning.  They chatted to a group of people there all wearing union jack clothing.  

Sometime you gotta swallow it, just bad timing with the anthems at the game I suppose . 

How is it bad timing? You're suggesting they should have moved Eurovision or not held it in Liverpool because our fans were going to boo the establishment on the day of the coronation? 

And GMB have given you that impression because of their agenda, I've seen flags of all countries and just lots of vibrant colours. In-fact union jacks are probably a minority in town with all of this. The concert the other night was all Ukraine coloured garlands etc. 

For all its flaws I can't think of a more welcoming place to host this. Imagine if it'd been in Manchester? There'd be a speech by Andy Burnham outside a bubble tea shop while someone lay asleep at his feet off camera jacked up on spice, while Terry Christian appeared on granada reports to talk about how the hacienda influenced the Beatles.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

Always see this fella doing travel guides for all places around the world.posted this a few days ago for Eurovison.

He says Liverpool is one of the friendliest and nicest places he's ever been to. You still get loads of knobheads in the comments section who've never been to Liverpool but say its a shithole.

3 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Always see this fella doing travel guides for all places around the world.posted this a few days ago for Eurovison.

He says Liverpool is one of the friendliest and nicest places he's ever been to. You still get loads of knobheads in the comments section who've never been to Liverpool but say its a shithole.

And a random post from PST saying "Why can't you all just fuck off I've had ton listen to radio 1 all morning" 

Oh by the way @Poor Scouser T Zoe Ball is broadcasting from the British Music Experience in the Cunard building on Friday morning. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Always wonder where these people are from. Most cities and towns I've been to in England are identikit hellscapes. Honourable exceptions being York, Shropshire and Chester, the latter of which is fast becoming a shithole.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And a random post from PST saying "Why can't you all just fuck off I've had ton listen to radio 1 all morning" 

Oh by the way @Poor Scouser T Zoe Ball is broadcasting from the British Music Experience in the Cunard building on Friday morning. 

I'm not denying the huge positive impact for the city or the fun it gives the people who love it that's all cool no problem at all with that. It is simply the level of coverage.

I get up silly early and have a routine. Kitchen coffee, radio on. 5 Live. Straight into Eurovision at 5.30am, not news as usual. Turned to radio 2. Ooh arr just a little bit Ooh arrr a little bit more. Turned to Radio 1 Capaldi. Fucking hell.

Coffee made BBC breakfast. Eurovision. Fuck off. Turned to 3, again reluctantly, it's Eurovision semi final day. 

Ended up on Netfix watching death row stories at 5.45am not an ideal start to my day.

13 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That's defo worth a visit by the way. You even get to see Boy George perform on stage like a hologram of Palpatine. 

Western Approaches is also good. Plus your tickets are valid for a whole year. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Always wonder where these people are from. Most cities and towns I've been to in England are identikit hellscapes. Honourable exceptions being York, Shropshire and Chester, the latter of which is fast becoming a shithole.

They all come from nomark places that have no personality therefore the only identity they can have is becoming a flagshagging little Englander. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, A Red said:

I think it's complete and utter shitey bollocks and I won't watch a second of it. That said, I'm pleased it's in Liverpool and think it's great for the city.

It's really not difficult to avoid, just fuck off to the pub or watch 1 of the other 100 channels that won't mention it.

Not often I agree with a red but he is spot on here.

Couldn't give a fuck about eurovision but the city is getting massive positive coverage only a few days after annoying the daily mail and every serf and bootlicker in the country.

8 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I'm not denying the huge positive impact for the city or the fun it gives the people who love it that's all cool no problem at all with that. It is simply the level of coverage.

I get up silly early and have a routine. Kitchen coffee, radio on. 5 Live. Straight into Eurovision at 5.30am, not news as usual. Turned to radio 2. Ooh arr just a little bit Ooh arrr a little bit more. Turned to Radio 1 Capaldi. Fucking hell.

Coffee made BBC breakfast. Eurovision. Fuck off. Turned to 3, again reluctantly, it's Eurovision semi final day. 

Ended up on Netfix watching death row stories at 5.45am not an ideal start to my day.

Calm down, Shawshank. It will over in a few days.

I have managed to avoid any coverage with absolute ease and not even tried. I’m not bothered either way about it, let them enjoy themselves for a week or two. It’s not hurting anyone.

I find myself unable to care one way or the other, save for the inconvenience it caused me the other day because they’d shut off the lift from the parking at Liverpool One to the garden level for an event that was the following fucking evening, thereby making me walk up a set of stairs. The fucking sheer affrontery.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's a good laugh. Loads of tourists in town, proper party atmosphere. 

Some right moaning arses on here, it's like an Everton forum! 

The GF in town.

"Much as I like the idea of a thrash metal band from Finland taking my seat at the Ship and Mitre with breakfast beans down their beard as I try a pale ale recommended to me by Remmie, I'm about to have my two minutes' hate about Thiago being injured again, and your positive vibes are making me anxious."

QuestionableAmusedGiraffe-max-1mb.gif

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

It's a good laugh. Loads of tourists in town, proper party atmosphere. 

Some right moaning arses on here, it's like an Everton forum! 

It was on GMTV before. The host Scott Mills said that the atmosphere has been the best of any he has presented on since 2002. The city has embraced the event big time. 

All good so far and hopefully people keep coming back. Only the bitter knobheads who've never been here slag the place off. 

• Upvote 1