You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 49 - Arsenal - Away - PL

Morse

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I really can't do this today. Impossible to single anyone out as today was aboutt he team.

Instead I'll give the MOTM to the King himself. And not because of that little spat at the end with Ass n'whinger. No the moment of the match for me came around the 20th minute when Aurelio (who could already have received 2 bookings - harsh but possible) went down injured. I'm panicking wondering whether we'll be going 3 at the back, will it be Wilson out of position, I don't know. Camera cuts to the bench where Kenny rather than holding his head in his hands is laughing with one of the kids next to him. I'm thinking, 'what the hell is Kenny smoking?' - but then it all makes sense as said kid is 17 year old Jack Robinson (heard of him, but confess I didn't recognise) who's coming on and Kenny's just making sure he's relaxed and not gonna be fazed by it all. Now that's what I call man-management.

Lucas

Skrtel

Spearing

Spearing would have won it if not for the penalty. It was a needless challenge and could have cost us the match.

Still, he is improving by the match, and it proves again it`s not fair to jugde squad players on single performances. Every player need a run in the side to show their best. And Spearing has grabbed his chance with both hands. Surely this has to be the end of Poulsen?

Both Flanagan and Robinson did very well, and everyone at the academy should be proud. They both looked at ease and showed maturity beyond their age. Impressive.

Skrtel

Spearing

Lucas

Crazy match. If I make a movie of this match, it would have been slaughtered for being a clichè. The typical last second goal in slow motion.

Loved the way the kids stepped up and performed like seasoned pro`s. Brilliant stuff.

Reina. A kid in GK years.

Flanagan a kid.

Skrtel. Still young.

Robinson a kid.

Spearing only 22

Lucas only 23

Shelvey only19

Suarez only 24

Carroll only 22

Loads of players that will only improve,and while the squad is currently thin. In a year or two, we will have a very well balanced squad.

1. Lucas

1A. Spearing

3. Pepe for the save to keep us in the match

So so hard to pick a top 3 the defenders and midfielders worked their collective arses off. I think Flannagan clattering Nasri put him back in his shell, and Robinson was the reason for Walcott going off, had his number all afternoon. Great performance from the young lads

• 2 weeks later...

Result: Game 49 - Arsenal - Away - PL

1. Lucas........................................645 votes............................5 points

2. Spearing...................................478 votes............................3 points

3. Robinson..................................187 votes............................1 point.

No clean sheet bonus.

ST, TLW and IK had it as above.

YNWA had Reina in 3rd.

Est1892 had Reina 2nd and Robinson 3rd.

6CM had Spearing as MOM, with Lucas and Robinson.

Current standings:

1. Gerrard......................7 MOM........5 2nd..........1 3rd..................................51 points

2. Reina.........................4 MOM........2 2nd..........5 3rd.........17 Bonus........48 points

3. Meireles.....................5 MOM........4 2nd.........5 3rd..................................42 points

4. Lucas.........................4 MOM........4 2nd.........8 3rd...................................40 points

5. Johnson....................2 MOM.........6 2nd.........2 3rd...................................30 points

6. Kyrgiakos..................5 MOM........1 2nd...........1 3rd.................................29 points

7. Torres........................3 MOM.........3 2nd.........3 3rd...................................27 points

8. Kelly...........................1 MOM........5 2nd..........4 3rd...................................24 points

9. Suarez........................4 MOM........1 2nd............................................... ........23 points

10.Kuyt...........................3 MOM........2 2nd.........1 3rd......................................22 points

11.Ngog.........................1 MOM.........3 2nd.........3 3rd....................................17 points

12.Carroll.........................2 MOM.......1 2nd............................................... ........13 points

13.Cole...........................2 MOM........1 2nd............................................... .......13 points

14.Spearing...................3 2nd.........2 3rd..........................................................11 points

15.Skrtel..........................3 2nd.........2 3rd............................................... ........11 points

16.Carragher..................1 MOM......1 2nd.........2 3rd......................................10 points

17.Aurelio......................1 MOM......1 2nd............................................... ...........8 points

18.Shelvey......................2 MOM*......1 3rd............................................... .........7 points

19.Babel.........................1 MOM............................................... ..................... ....5 points

20.Mascherano...............1 MOM............................................... ..................... ..5 points

21.Jovanovic..................1 2nd........1 3rd............................................... ...........4 points

22.Rodriguez..................3 3rd............................................... ..................... ......3 points

23.Konchesky................1 2nd............................................... ..................... ......3 points

24.Agger..........................2 3rd............................................... .............................2 points

25.Cavalieri...................2 Bonus............................................. ...................... ...2 points

26.Robinson...................1 3rd.............................................................................1 point

27.Jones.........................1 Bonus............................................. .................... ....1 point

28.Poulsen.....................1 3rd............................................... .................... ........1 point

* No MOM award given against Northampton because of the low number of votes cast, (Game 11). Bonus point given instead.

Thanks for voting.