You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

Remember some girl who used to live in my street started seeing some lad from Sunderland. She got a job up there and moved in with him. She came back one xmas about 3 months of moving there with a full Geordie accent. I cracked a joke and she looked at me and said "you bloody scousers". I grew up with her in L4 and within three months she has washed her hands of being a scouser

• Upvote 1

Moyes with his usual hard luck story at Everton. It must have been coincidence they all ran a mile after meeting him.

The pursuit of players can be a tricky old business for a football manager, particularly when you are at a club like Everton and the competition often has rather more money to spend.

David Moyes would go to huge efforts to lure a footballer to Goodison Park during his long and successful tenure on Merseyside. 

He once drove from Preston to London to meet Robbie Keane, arriving at the striker’s house at 3am before driving home again two hours later. And to no avail at is turned out. The clubs, the other one being Tottenham, were unable to agree terms.

Michael Owen was another target, and they once hooked up for just a few hours in Florida. On that occasion it was Owen who made the effort. 

‘I was out there on holiday,’ recalls Moyes. ‘Michael flew in, we played golf, had dinner and he went straight back to England.’ Alas he also went to Manchester United.

Miroslav Klose very nearly became an Everton player, as did Demba Ba. ‘There was one day when I flew to Paris to see Demba Ba and then planned to travel on to Germany to see Klose,’ he says. 

Blue on my Facebook has posted the message from that Farhad Moshiri which is in tomorrow's match programme.

It's completely clichéd and ghost written to appease the born not manufactured whoppers. Something like "it is a pleasure to write in the match programme. Especially since Everton were the first team in England to issue match programmes. Our ultimate aim is to have a 21st century stadium but this will cost more than the £3000 Goodison cost in 1892"

There are more examples but it's just a cringweorthy attempt to butter them up.

Their new minority shareholder has said 

"We will also be looking at the best options in relation to our stadium.

"Goodison Park has served the club extremely well but we need to make sure the club has a suitable stage to perform on for the future.

So remove about 10,000 seats then?

• Upvote 3