You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I liked his body language (here we go again) tonight actually, he looked humbled at the welcome and at the end of the game the camera went on him just after the final whistle. He was standing there looking as much to say "This is my type of club" He had that cocky/smug look on his face that he genuinely believed he would do well here, And I reckon he will...

Apparently he celebrated Raul's goal like a fan as well.

• 10 months later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
If we'd signed Andreas Carrolliatelli from Napoli all the Eeyores would be frapping themselves silly.

We would, because it would have been Cavani. And he's good.

Overall he has been not been good enough but if you look at almost every one of his games this season he has had great chances to score and yes he failed to score but im still convinced there is something there, the most worrying aspect is he still seems unsure of himself in a red shirt in terms of confidence and what his role is supposed to be.

Overall he has been not been good enough but if you look at almost every one of his games this season he has had great chances to score and yes he failed to score but im still convinced there is something there, the most worrying aspect is he still seems unsure of himself in a red shirt in terms of confidence and what his role is supposed to be.

That is the main point of your post. He is a striker. He fails to score. That leaves us and him in a not so great spot, to put it mildly.

That is the main point of your post. He is a striker. He fails to score. That leaves us and him in a not so great spot, to put it mildly.

I know its a pretty stupid point to make, but sometimes strikers need that little bit of luck a mis hit or whatever, or maybe im just trying to convince myself that Kenny wouldnt be stupid enough to make such a monumental knee jerk mistake.

I do not understand this logic.

The knee jerk reaction would be to keep playing him because it would be based on his transfer price not on his performance in training or on the field. Lets face it, if the lad was one who came through the reserves, or God forbid a foreigner who cost 6mil he would not be getting a run of ANY games and no one would be assuming that at 22 he was suddenly gonna come good.

He's not good enough, he doesn't suit us. It is perfectly clear, it has been for ages.

We either cut our losses in January or cut our losses in the summer. Kenny is great but as Dave has previously said - he can't turn shit into gold!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is this the thread where code said we'd be lucky if he scored 10 goals and we all laughed at him?

No idea, but there is another thread where he said that it wasn't just good business buying him as a striker, but also to help out defensively. He said that if we judge £25m as the attacker and £10m for the defensive side, it's not a bad deal. Or something like that.

Forget the money, it was overpriced - we all know.

But Carroll was the man they wanted and I welcomed the fact the club went all out to get their first choice. We have wanted to see that for years missing out on Ronaldo, Alves, Vidic etc due to the club not coughing up.

It hasn't worked out! But what I would like to see is the club being pro active and get rid quickly, rather than just having Carroll cluttering up the squad and depreciating, when he clearly isn't the right player for our team.

Not all transfer wills work out, for every Suarez, Enrique and Bellamy - there is a Carroll. But get rid when the player is clearly not right and get someone who could thrive in this team alongside Suarez.