You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carroll song...not my work...made me laugh

Neil Diamond song

We've had Biscan

We've had the traitor Owen

But then we even had Geoff Strong

Bought by the King,-he didn't wait til summer

who'd have believed your hairs that long.

Hands , touching hands, reaching out

Punching me, biting you

Sweet Carroll9, deh, deh, deh

He and Suarez are so good

Goals all the time, deh deh deh

Just like Kenny said they would

cheers, just researching on google and keep getting referred to the offal fforum, where the 12 year olds use a lot of smiley faces ;), and they are saying he was due to start running today:drool:, full training in 2 weeks,its what newcastle were saying before the weekend, (along with he is not for sale.:telloff:) so that sounds aboot reet.

English Premier League Injury Table at PhysioRoom.com - PhysioRoom.com

but this website says 5th February, and carras is still at 26th february for comeback dates. admittedly it is a pretty biff looking website:santa:

Why are some of you on about (ABS for a start.) a court case? I thought he was cleared?

"Newcastle have said they were 'pleased' that an assault charge against England striker Andy Carroll has been dropped.

The Magpies No 9, who scored again at the weekend, has been informed by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) that it had reviewed the case against him and decided there was no realistic prospect of conviction."

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll in the clear as assault charge is dropped | Mail Online

Is there another one?

It is clearly a panic buy, I really don't see how anyone can suggest otherwise!

But I would still argue it was necessary, maybe not necessarily Caroll but thanks to JT's bitch, we needed to do something in one day, so we were in no position to bargain, nor were we in any position to shop around.

It is a bit like shitting your pants on a night out just after you have been asked back to a party at some absolute stunners flat, but you can only buy a pair of Chino's in the all night Tesco's! Do you tell her that you have shit your pants and you can't come, but you have a load of money in the bank to buy a new pair? Or do you buy the Chino's and hope it doesn't matter and in partnership with your charming personality (gerrard) and your rapier wit (suarez) the Chino's will do the job as part of a much better team?

With Torres we were D & G kecks on David Moyes, just deluding ourselves that we looked the part, when in fact we were a Ginger tosser in stupid pants!

Who shits their pants on a night out?

Why are some of you on about (ABS for a start.) a court case? I thought he was cleared?

"Newcastle have said they were 'pleased' that an assault charge against England striker Andy Carroll has been dropped.

The Magpies No 9, who scored again at the weekend, has been informed by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) that it had reviewed the case against him and decided there was no realistic prospect of conviction."

Newcastle striker Andy Carroll in the clear as assault charge is dropped | Mail Online

Is there another one?

ABS was referring to the assault charge resulting from throwing a glass in a blokes face not the one where he beat up a woman ;)

Yeah. It was all part of the FSG fucking *masterplan* to flog Torres on the last day of the transfer window, and buy Andy Carroll for £35 million

I don't believe the club panicked in to buying anyone. If a replacement wasn't lined up I'm convinced they'd have shut the door on Torres going to Chelsea and re-affirmed their "not for sale" stance.

I'd have imagined that Carrol wasn't bought because Commoli and Kenny had seen him play a few times on MOTD. I'd also imagine that the club had pre-empted a situation where they would have to replace Torres one day soon, although not as soon as this. The talk is that Kenny has been impressed with Carrol for a while now. Yes, yesterday it was all rushed and we obviously spent big money, but In my opinion the club saw yesterday as the chance to rectify the situation in one fell swoop. It's fairly obvious that the club would have been looking for Torres' eventual replacement and it looks like Carrol was that man. It just so happens that the weekends events gave us the chance to get his replacement sooner than we thought. I wouldn't call it a panic buy at all. Torres had a good while left on his contract, it's probably likely we'd have been able to fetch even more for him in the summer when City would stick their oar in.

I don't believe the club panicked in to buying anyone. If a replacement wasn't lined up I'm convinced they'd have shut the door on Torres going to Chelsea and re-affirmed their "not for sale" stance.

There's a risk of him getting crocked again + indifferent form, and oops, he's in the 15m bracket if anyone was even interested. The market for him is limited as only a handful clubs in the world that can afford to pay that sort of wages. We also risk losing him for nothing because he has less than 2 years (???) under contract.

I think the club was made an irrefusable offer for Torres. BTW, the decision to sell was in line with Moneyball (Sell any player when he's offered above his actual value).

The rest was a scramble to find a replacement and paying over the top for it.

ABS was referring to the assault charge resulting from throwing a glass in a blokes face not the one where he beat up a woman ;)

Got any links please? I just want to know when he's in court, so there's an idea of if/when it'll all be sorted out and he can move on and focus on his footie.

Yeah I definetly see where you are coming from with Aquilani comparisons.

Injured for at least 6 months, risk that he won't adapt to the prem, risk he could be too lightweight, might not find his way in this country and definetly not a player we need because we've got Gerrard in his position.

If we play the sockmaster like you say it's 3 points blind, or is all that just complete and utter bollocks Ken?

This post is for Numero as well.

My Aquilani comment was knee jerk . I take that back..as well as using the 'T' word.

However, the January Transfer Window strikes again - ramping up values that are just plain unreal. Chelsea's first offer to us was exactly the same..$35 million...to compare Andy Carroll to Fernando Torres just doesn't make sense to me. Hell, Torres didn't figure at the world cup, has been plagued with injury like David Villa, and Villa sold recently for well below $35 mil.

No, Newcastle have been grossly overpaid for Carroll. I think maybe Dalglish has taken advice from his new incoming assistant, who came to us from NU, that Carroll is talented and has potential for improvement: then the owners made it happen, which in and of itself is a sign we are moving forward...but there is also the sniff of window panic to go to $35 mil.

I think the new owners have shown their inexperience here, but I guess on reflection, if there's more funding available and the medium term prospects of signing key players to really round out the team havn't been lost along with the $35 mil, then if he performs well, and enjoys wearing the red shirt, he could turn out to be a positive signing.

Four months ago, if someone had come up to me with a magic wand, and said hey guess what? I can see into the future, and also, I can grant you a single wish. You can be rid of tom hicks and george gillette, have new owners who really want to make Liverpool great again, have Roy Hodgson gone and King Kenny installed as manager BUT only on one condition...Fernando Torres would be sold to Chelsea, and Suarez would come from Ajax, I'd have said 'YES" with out blinking.

Andy Carroll for $35 million has slightly soured the deal for me. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Carroll song...not my work...made me laugh

Neil Diamond song

We've had Biscan

We've had the traitor Owen

But then we even had Geoff Strong

Bought by the King,-he didn't wait til summer

who'd have believed your hairs that long.

Hands , touching hands, reaching out

Punching me, biting you

Sweet Carroll9, deh, deh, deh

He and Suarez are so good

Goals all the time, deh deh deh

Just like Kenny said they would

Love the chorus.

And have him sulking for another 4 months and probably getting sold for alot less than the £50M we just got for him.

I don't give a fuck how much Carroll cost as it just shows the owners are willing to spend what is needed to get us on the up again, just as they did with the Red Sox. Carroll and Suarez can and, I hope, will be massive at this club under the right manager and with the right tactics we have the potential to tear defences apart at will.

I'd have him sulk as much as he wants, it would have us time to scout and choose proper replacements. Not waste £35m on a thug that aint that great.

I don't buy the argument we'd lose that much money on him waiting till the summer, certainly no more than the £20m we've wasted on Carroll.

This is like selling Rushie and replacing him with Howie Gayle.

I'd have him sulk as much as he wants, it would have us time to scout and choose proper replacements. Not waste £35m on a thug that aint that great.

I don't buy the argument we'd lose that much money on him waiting till the summer, certainly no more than the £20m we've wasted on Carroll.

This is like selling Rushie and replacing him with Howie Gayle.

hardly.