You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joanna yeates

Nantwich girl

Very sad that this has happened at all, never mind at Christmas :-( you have to feel for her family.

I don't know what happend to her but I suspect she was killed by somebody she knew. Possibly a work colleague (her boss maybe?), neighbour or ex boyfriend. I don't think it will take the police long to get to the bottom of this case.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Guest davelfc

It's a well known fact (and you've probably watched to much midsummer murders) that around 80% of victims knew their killer.

I'd like to say that I really feel for the family, not just that it's christmas as I doubt they've even noticed that. But that this is something they'll never ever recover from and each christmas after this when we are celebrating, they'll be hurting. They'll never celebrate another christmas for as long as they live.

It's no doubt her and I hope the police catch the bastard.

It is surreal to think that she was probably walking back from that pub thinking about what presents she was going to get people, looking forward to seeing her fella back, and the last thing she would've thought of was that her body would be found on Christmas Day.

Very sad tale but also a strange one -- no sign of the mysterious pizza, no sign of a break in, wallet/keys/phone all in the house so it doesn't look like she went out anywhere. It's the pizza thing that's most bizarre. I had wondered whether maybe she'd cooked it, eaten it, gone outside to stick the cardboard in the recycling, locked herself out, and been stumbled upon by the wrong person - but then I suppose there'd be pizza debris on a plate somewhere and the box would've been found in the bins.

Someone being in the house prior to her arriving home would be the obvious one, but you'd think that there'd be some DNA or signs of a struggle, and it would have to be someone with access to the building if there were no windows broken. I expect forensics would know by now if there was anyone else in there and they would probably have reported that (although my knowledge of the subject is limited to Morse and a bit of Luther).

Given that they've taken the boyfriend's laptop and P.C, I wonder whether he had an airtight alibi but they suspected him of enlisting someone else's help and are going over his communications.

Absolutely tragic for the young woman and her family. Horrible whenever something like this happens, but it seems particularly devastating just before Christmas. Hope they catch the person responsible and lock them up.

Guest davelfc

Given that they've taken the boyfriend's laptop and P.C, I wonder whether he had an airtight alibi but they suspected him of enlisting someone else's help and are going over his communications.

Should be standard to eliminate him from enquiries (given the rough fact I gave earlier) Same goes with ex's and people she has recently had contact with.

The laptop may have been in the flat and she could have used it. We don't know.

Investigating officers have standard procedures to follow in a murder enquiry and they will be doing that right now.

The pizza thing, well I did see that they have searched bins and there was no sign. Leaving her coat and keys is a strange one and you can understand the initial concern of the family when they discovered the things left behind.

Does she live in flats? If so I'd be looking at neighbours first.

Should be standard to eliminate him from enquiries (given the rough fact I gave earlier) Same goes with ex's and people she has recently had contact with.

Yeah, may have worded it badly - he probably had nothing to do with it. Think it's just the combination of boyfriend away at the wrong time/no signs of forced entry/most victims knowing their killers. You can see he would be their first port of call.

Yes, having lived in a apartment block I can definately understand one of her neighbours being responsible. It's bound to be somebody who knew she was going to be on her own. This could be a neighbour but it could also be one of her work colleagues. I can't see it being her boyfriend. Leaving the coat and keys behind is very odd. As somebody else said it could have been that she locked her self out by mistake, knocked on her neighbours door and that was that. The only other thing I can think of is that she was killed in her flat and the murderer took her body from her flat. I think the police will have an arrest by the end of next week as it seems as though it was a reactionary act not a planned one, therefore the person responsible will probably have been quite careless about his actions.

I hope they're scared stiff right now dreading everybknock at the door!

• Downvote 3

Guest davelfc
Yeah, may have worded it badly - he probably had nothing to do with it. Think it's just the combination of boyfriend away at the wrong time/no signs of forced entry/most victims knowing their killers. You can see he would be their first port of call.

Like putting one foot in front of the other, that's how they investigate these things, standard. Eliminate them from the investigation and move on.

I'm thinking neighbour or someone calling at the flat, but number one suspect will be boyfriend. They'll have that flat taken apart bit by bit now and should start to get some idea soon.

Let's hope they catch the killer very soon, worse case would be the start of another load of deaths. Which is unlikely I know.

I say we open the floor to a Maddie style wild accusations fest. I'm saying it was the dad.

Nah, it will be the boyfriend, someone else she's involved with or an ex. If it's the boyfriend he'll have killed her, disposed of her and then quickly tried to create an alibi e.g. visit the family and then come back and declare her missing.

Horrible thing to happen.

I'm going with a Buffalo Bill type seiral killer who is a man, but would like to become a woman, and often acts/posts as if he is a woman. It wouldn't surprise me if, to help him relive the thrill of his kill, he started a thread about it on an internet forum.

• Upvote 3