You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish

Guest LFD

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc
To my eye Dalglish has looked somewhat tired/old in some of the recent pictures I have seen of him. Maybe just bad pictures, but this put some doubts over his readiness to step back into management, which would otherwise be a good idea, imo.

I bet he'd would perk right up if he was given the chance.

By your argument neither Redknapp or Avram Grant should be in a job. The latter you may have a point.

Another thing is if we stick with hodgson I think it is safe to say we aren't going to see an improvement.

But if we get in someone like Dalglish until the end of the season and see a dramatic improvement in terms of the performances and results - then it might persuade Torres that his future is here.

Guest davelfc
Another thing is if we stick with hodgson I think it is safe to say we aren't going to see an improvement.

But if we get in someone like Dalglish until the end of the season and see a dramatic improvement in terms of the performances and results - then it might persuade Torres that his future is here.

It would be fair to say that there are a few players hiding behind Roy, they wouldn't get the chance if that was Kenny in charge.

I can't see the owners appointing him, they would have done it by now. I worry they'll let this drift on until the end the of the season.

Worse still, things might get so bad they'll have to do something when it's far too late.

Torres is gone mate, enjoy him (if thats possible) for the rest of this season, cuz come the summer - he'll be off. The way all his twatty International team-mates are always yapping to the press about how he deserves to be playing at the top level will have had an effect on him. Last season will have changed his opinion about football in this country, this season will confirm it. He'll be off back home at the end of the season imo, regardless of what we say, do or offer to keep him here.

Torres is gone mate, enjoy him (if thats possible) for the rest of this season, cuz come the summer - he'll be off. The way all his twatty International team-mates are always yapping to the press about how he deserves to be playing at the top level will have had an effect on him. Last season will have changed his opinion about football in this country, this season will confirm it. He'll be off back home at the end of the season imo, regardless of what we say, do or offer to keep him here.

See people said the same about Gerrard and Torres last summer.

I'm going to show him more faith than that, as I did last season / summer.

I believe he does love it here, he just wants to be in a successful team, which is understandable given his talent.

Under Hodgson that doesn't look like happening, however under someone like Kenny I believe we could be a very good team and with one or two shrewd buys maybe a successful one. Let's not forget we still have some very, very good players here.

He may not have been great at Newcastle, but he got them into the champions league and to an FA cup final, more than any subsequent manager has managed there.

I don't believe it's in his or our interest for him to return to management with us. I can fully understand the clamour - Dalglish is the biggest hero in the game for me, but I just don't think it would be a good idea.

Who knows if Kenny would be the long term solution but I am sick of this revisionist shite from fucking morons who could not have seen that team play.

Have you READ they were 'pretty shit' or were you watching them at the time? This would be the team that finished a disgraceful second in the league. The team that beat Derby 7-1 away the week after he left right? I'd fucking kill for that 'pretty shit' team right now

I was a season ticket holder then as well, sonny jim. I was watching them every week. Don't try to lecture me about how that team played.

I can understand why people don't want to risk his reputation.

But I think it is a no lose situation. He isn't going to do any worse than Hodgson and when NESV find the long term solution hopefully he will be able to hand over the reigns with Torres, Reina, Gerrard etc all still here, happier and playing well.

But I think it is a no lose situation. He isn't going to do any worse than Hodgson and when NESV find the long term solution hopefully he will be able to hand over the reigns with Torres, Reina, Gerrard etc all still here, happier and playing well.

I'm not sure Dalglish's rep means much to the non-Liverpool players. And I really really don't want to see him battered by the press or by the huge number of brainless mouthy urchins that pass for supporters these days. He couldn't perform miracles with the squad, and I really wouldn't want his record here tarnished.

hodgson should go yes, he should never have got the job anyway

but..... who can we get to replace him? Rijkaard? nah thanks, Jol??? no way, King Kenny - why risk it? he is king. ok us fans need appeasing but look at keegans messiah debacle at newcastle....

van gaal or pellegrini for me. in reality, we will have roy until the end of a season of mediocrity, lose torres, reina and kuty then have to start all over again. i'd have had houllier back....

I'm not sure Dalglish's rep means much to the non-Liverpool players. And I really really don't want to see him battered by the press or by the huge number of brainless mouthy urchins that pass for supporters these days. He couldn't perform miracles with the squad, and I really wouldn't want his record here tarnished.

Well I can certainly see your point.

I think he could do a lot with our squad, as I still don't think it is as weak as some people make out.

I don't see why he'd be battered by the press, especially if we improve with him taking over - which I'm sure we will.

Dalglish will say the right things, make us play football the right way (something we haven't done consistantly since Evans was here) and get us back to The Liverpool Way.

He also wanted the job and I'm sure that remains the case.

Would you really rather stick with Hodgson over Dalglish?

The fear of ruining the legacy is enough for me. Souness is one of the greatest players to ever wear a Liverpool shirt but his terrible management means he's now remembered for bringing Julian Dicks to the club and sinking us into the mire after Dalglish left. Kenny is THE greatest player in the history of this club, imagine people remembering him for different reasons in the future.

For that reason alone, its a no from me.

The fear of ruining the legacy is enough for me. Souness is one of the greatest players to ever wear a Liverpool shirt but his terrible management means he's now remembered for bringing Julian Dicks to the club and sinking us into the mire after Dalglish left. Kenny is THE greatest player in the history of this club, imagine people remembering him for different reasons in the future.

For that reason alone, its a no from me.

But the difference is Dalglish has won us the league before, so we know he's a top manager.

Also going by that logic no ex Liverpool players should manager us again - be it Carragher, Gerrard, Hamann, Hyypia etc in the future.

We used to only appoint ex Liverpool players or ones with a connection with our club. We used to be brave, but maybe that is part of the problem we don't want to hurt the past - even if it means not doing the best thing for the club in the present or future?!

Dallgish is brave, that's why he wants the job and I for one believe he'd do far better than Hodgson. That's all he'd have to do to be a success until the end of the season when we get the long term man.

If I thought it would get us to 4th place I would say yes...

I think he could.

63 points to play for, only 9 points behind 4th position.

A squad including Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Soto, Aurelio, Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt, Cole, Torres...

My god even our fans don't believe in us anymore. No wonder Hodgson doesn't!

Not saying he definately would get us fourth, but it is very much feasible with a more atacking approach getting the best out of our players.

But the difference is Dalglish has won us the league before, so we know he's a top manager.

Also going by that logic no ex Liverpool players should manager us again - be it Carragher, Gerrard, Hamann, Hyypia etc in the future.

We used to only appoint ex Liverpool players or ones with a connection with our club. We used to be brave, but maybe that is part of the problem we don't want to hurt the past - even if it means not doing the best thing for the club in the present or future?!

How is appointing Dalglish the best thing for the future?

I think he could.

63 points to play for, only 9 points behind 4th position.

A squad including Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Soto, Aurelio, Lucas, Gerrard, Meireles, Kuyt, Cole, Torres...

My god even our fans don't believe in us anymore. No wonder Hodgson doesn't!

Not saying he definately would get us fourth, but it is very much feasible with a more atacking approach getting the best out of our players.

Agreed.

I think having Dalglish managing the club again would give everyone associated with the it a massive lift. Certainly couldn't do any worse the Roy. And he definately would be sending the team out trying to win the game instead of hoping for a draw or not getting beat too badly.

You see Kenny might of been out of the game for a long time, but he'll never forget what it takes to be succesful at a big club, thats instilled into his very nature and will never leave him. Roy on the other hand doesn't seem to have a clue as to what it takes to be a success here. His minset is the minset of mediocrity. A small time manager, with a small time mentality.

To my eye Dalglish has looked somewhat tired/old in some of the recent pictures I have seen of him. Maybe just bad pictures, but this put some doubts over his readiness to step back into management, which would otherwise be a good idea, imo.

I wouldnt read anything in to Photo's mate. They capture a millisecond of an expression or time. They are hardly ever reflective.

If he came back it would lift the whole club immediately.

The positives would far outweigh the negatives, and the fans would start to unite for the greater good. Which is something that we all need.