You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish

Guest LFD

How is appointing Dalglish the best thing for the future?

Meaning if we get into the top four, then we'll probably keep Torres and Reina.

If we stick with Roy, we aren't progressing at all.

I didn't mean he should get it long term. Just get it short term and raise the expectations of this club again, as it seems everyone is starting to believe we are a mid table team, with mid table players - which just isn't the case.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Kenny wanted to risk it then let him.

He needs to be given a go so that he's not looming over the next manager the way he has in the past.

whenever its gone wrong we all say get the king back, if he fails that'll be gone.

He'd do better than Roy I know that

True and lets be fair, You or I could do better than Roy.

*Probably*

If Kenny wanted to risk it then let him.

He needs to be given a go so that he's not looming over the next manager the way he has in the past.

whenever its gone wrong we all say get the king back, if he fails that'll be gone.

He'd do better than Roy I know that

Good post.

Well I can certainly see your point.

I think he could do a lot with our squad, as I still don't think it is as weak as some people make out.

I don't see why he'd be battered by the press, especially if we improve with him taking over - which I'm sure we will.

Dalglish will say the right things, make us play football the right way (something we haven't done consistantly since Evans was here) and get us back to The Liverpool Way.

He also wanted the job and I'm sure that remains the case.

Would you really rather stick with Hodgson over Dalglish?

My heart says of course not, but my head says we need the next manager to be long term.

My heart says of course not, but my head says we need the next manager to be long term.

We do, but do we need him taking over a squad that's suffered a whole year of Roy Hodgson or a squad that's been playing under the club's greatest living icon? Which of those squads is more likely to have the right mentality for him to create a team that will challenge?

Why has some twat started another thread? Why do people keep saying the next manager should be long term? This season can be salvaged, just not by roy. I don't think anyone is suggesting kenny will be our manager for the next 5 - 10 years, is just might be the case that the man we're after won't be available until the summer.

He can't do any worse results-wise.

But he won't say stupid comments in the press every week.

He will get us playing football the right way.

He will unite the fans, as everyone will be behind him - I'm not sure that is currently the case under Roy.

For this alone I would bring him in to replace Roy. Having said that there are days on here when it's like mong central and I would hate to see Kenny receiving a dog's abuse if things weren't going right for him.

We do, but do we need him taking over a squad that's suffered a whole year of Roy Hodgson or a squad that's been playing under the club's greatest living icon? Which of those squads is more likely to have the right mentality for him to create a team that will challenge?

in all likelihood there wouldn't be any difference.

Guest davelfc

Jesus, the current arrogant old rubber or Kenny. I'm not accepting things would be the same as they are now, not accepting that at all.

A mop, turned upside down and a coat nailed to it would be an improvement. For a start Kenny wouldn't be talking us down, there would be no negative shit from him. I believe he would get more from his players too, plus a huge initial boost to confidence all through the club.

To say he wouldn't make much of a difference to me is insane.

I have been wanting Kenny in since the day he left. I wanted him in the summer, and that hasn't changed.

I understand peoples concerns about his standing and reputation, especially considering the amount vitriol our three previous managers have received.

If FSG or NESV (or whatever they are called) let Roy go and then put Kenny in charge for the remainder of the season, I would expect them to make it clear that Kenny is only short term, he is only steering the ship while they seek out the right man for the job who will be building a future that we can all be proud of. Kenny will then step aside and offer the new manager the support in order to take this club forward. I would expect them to point out what Kenny’s important role will be when he steps aside.

They should also say that that interim period should be about the style of football being improved, and not aiming to get into the top 4. I would take a season or two away from trying to get into the top and develop a style of play and lay some foundations for the long term success of Liverpool Football Club on the pitch. A massive overhaul of our expectations and the realities of our current situation needs to happen, and that will mean taking a step back for a bit. If we win trophies during that development period, then brilliant.

I want to see young players developed, I want to see Kenny play an integral part of that. Whether that include being a care-taker manager or not. It’s time fro this club and it’s fans to take a step back and take stock of what we have and where we want to be, and how the ruddy hell we are going to get there.

I can tell you now, if anybody on here started to have a go at Kenny if he was care taker manager, for not getting fourth or a poor performance, then those knobheads would basically be hung drawn and quartered. Too many people would not accept him getting even the smallest amount of abuse that our previous three managers have received.

The King will always be the King, nobody could ever change that.

I like Kenny Dalglish a lot. There, I said it.

However, I've pretty much accepted that Hodgson will be here until the summer and then a new long term manager comes in. I don't think it really matters as Torres is off anyway (and I've no issue with that) and a proper attack minded manager with money to spend will hopefully convince Pepe to stay. Other then that I'm not pushed who stays.

I shoudl add that I think at 31 Gerrard is going nowhere and neither is Carra.

I'm not sure Dalglish's rep means much to the non-Liverpool players. And I really really don't want to see him battered by the press or by the huge number of brainless mouthy urchins that pass for supporters these days. He couldn't perform miracles with the squad, and I really wouldn't want his record here tarnished.

You'd rather have a shit/non liverpool way manager?

Logical bullcrap.

I bet you think we shouldnt play Torres either in case he misses a chance and get's pillored for it?

I'm not sure Dalglish's rep means much to the non-Liverpool players. And I really really don't want to see him battered by the press or by the huge number of brainless mouthy urchins that pass for supporters these days. He couldn't perform miracles with the squad, and I really wouldn't want his record here tarnished.

You do realise how much Dalglish is aching to be given the chance to manage us again? You honestly think he gives two shits about the press or 'mouthy' supporters? This is his last chance to take control of the love of his life. Would you like to be the one to sit him down and tell him its not to be because you dont want him to tarnish his reputation? Because i'd love to be there when they scraped you off the wall!

1 thing that constantly baffle's me -

Whenever Kenny is talked about, the next sentence is always something about it not being a long term solution. Why is this? Can someone please clarify?

Kenny is 4 years younger than the current manager, he's 2 years younger than Arsene Wenger, 10 years younger than Baconface. Harry Redknapp who has never talked about retirement - and even gets media suggestions about his next job, has 4 years on him.

Why couldn't Kenny be our manager for the next 5 years if things went well?

Why do i always hear about him 'not being a long term fix'?

Answers on a postcard please

1 thing that constantly baffle's me -

Whenever Kenny is talked about, the next sentence is always something about it not being a long term solution. Why is this? Can someone please clarify?

Kenny is 4 years younger than the current manager, he's 2 years younger than Arsene Wenger, 10 years younger than Baconface. Harry Redknapp who has never talked about retirement - and even gets media suggestions about his next job, has 4 years on him.

Why couldn't Kenny be our manager for the next 5 years if things went well?

Why do i always hear about him 'not being a long term fix'?

Answers on a postcard please

Thats quite a good point that