You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dalglish

Guest LFD

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 thing that constantly baffle's me -

Whenever Kenny is talked about, the next sentence is always something about it not being a long term solution. Why is this? Can someone please clarify?

Kenny is 4 years younger than the current manager, he's 2 years younger than Arsene Wenger, 10 years younger than Baconface. Harry Redknapp who has never talked about retirement - and even gets media suggestions about his next job, has 4 years on him.

Why couldn't Kenny be our manager for the next 5 years if things went well?

Why do i always hear about him 'not being a long term fix'?

Answers on a postcard please

Further to this point - one manager who is always linked with every job going - Martin O'Neill is a mere 362 days younger than Kenny Dalglish. You never hear of him being linked with a job 'short-term'.

Just saying like.

You do realise how much Dalglish is aching to be given the chance to manage us again? You honestly think he gives two shits about the press or 'mouthy' supporters? This is his last chance to take control of the love of his life. Would you like to be the one to sit him down and tell him its not to be because you dont want him to tarnish his reputation? Because i'd love to be there when they scraped you off the wall!

The primary reason I don't want Dalglish back is that I don't believe he could markedly reverse our fortunes. This ultimately would tarnish his rep here. The fact that he would be hounded by no-nothing idiots would be the final depressing act in the demise of this clubs support, and I don't want to see it.

Your nursery rhyme reading of the situation don't cut no ice with me Spartacus. And stop rolling your skirt up otherwise your parents will be called in to see the headmaster.

I'm surprised Stringvest even wants to be alive considering he's going to die someday.

His logical reasoning knows no bounds, Purslow would be proud.

"We dont want you success."

From Barnes to Shearer, class doesn't forget class.

Yes Dennis, I want to already be dead, because I can't stand the thought Of dying. I'm a man crushed, thwarted, failed by the fear of failure. Actually I feel mr creosoted out. I have eaten so much food and drunk so much that I feel I might pop. Christian (we're on first name terms) IS proud of me. And I'm extremely proud of him. is the game on tomorrow? I'm not travelling, it's a tad chilly underfoot.

Whenever Kenny is talked about, the next sentence is always something about it not being a long term solution. Why is this? Can someone please clarify?

Kenny is 4 years younger than the current manager, he's 2 years younger than Arsene Wenger, 10 years younger than Baconface. Harry Redknapp who has never talked about retirement - and even gets media suggestions about his next job, has 4 years on him.

Because saying short term is lower risk - deep down everyone wants Kenny to smash it in the short term and then take us on to a long, glorious future

The King back in charge is a must, after G&hs and that sordid affair, followed by the shit served up from an inept manager who has simply been over promoted; Kenny as manager would allow us to fall back in love with football and I think that would be infectious around the club.

My favourite banner on the kop is the relatively small one that says, 'Make Us Dream'.

The primary reason I don't want Dalglish back is that I don't believe he could markedly reverse our fortunes. This ultimately would tarnish his rep here. The fact that he would be hounded by no-nothing idiots would be the final depressing act in the demise of this clubs support, and I don't want to see it.

Your nursery rhyme reading of the situation don't cut no ice with me Spartacus. And stop rolling your skirt up otherwise your parents will be called in to see the headmaster.

I dont think Mr Dalglish gives two shits what you think on this position. Good job you werent sitting there when he went through on goal against Bruges at Wembley. He may well have caught the look of horror in your eyes that he, the budding legend in the making, might miss, and decided not to chip the goalie but to pass the ball (and the buck) to someone else.

Seriously people, legends are legendary for a reason.

Hey Mr Guardiola, dont manage Barcelona. If you fail, youre reputation will be tarnished forever. Perleeze!

(Dont get your nursery ryhme and rolling skirts shit stuff, so i'll let that go, paedo.)

I dont think Mr Dalglish gives two shits what you think on this position. Good job you werent sitting there when he went through on goal against Bruges at Wembley. He may well have caught the look of horror in your eyes that he, the budding legend in the making, might miss, and decided not to chip the goalie but to pass the ball (and the buck) to someone else.

Seriously people, legends are legendary for a reason.

Hey Mr Guardiola, dont manage Barcelona. If you fail, youre reputation will be tarnished forever. Perleeze!

(Dont get your nursery ryhme and rolling skirts shit stuff, so i'll let that go, paedo.)

I was sitting there you numptie. And no, you wouldn't get it.

Yes Dennis, I want to already be dead, because I can't stand the thought Of dying. I'm a man crushed, thwarted, failed by the fear of failure. Actually I feel mr creosoted out. I have eaten so much food and drunk so much that I feel I might pop. Christian (we're on first name terms) IS proud of me. And I'm extremely proud of him. is the game on tomorrow? I'm not travelling, it's a tad chilly underfoot.

I'm surprised you wrote that to be fair. What if you'd have made an error with your grammar for instance?

I think the real fear you have is of Kenny winning us the league again and proving you wrong. Which he would do if any CEO has the balls.

Kenny belongs in one place and that the the LFC manager hotseat. We are just insulting/belittling him otherwise. I think it's clear you suffer from a lack of faith but unlike evryone else at least you stand by your judgement and say it.

Wanted to say that myself but pee pull think I'm crazy so was wary of pushing that button.

Kenny is a no brainer for me, Tom R woke me up to it.

If I were in charge I'd give him 6 years and he'd say 'Jurrasic park' and I'd then have a heart attack while signing the contract and I'd be only too glad if he used the arm of my corpse to finish off initialling.

You can stick your Deschamps suppository up your arse as far as I'm concerned, the stupid polyurethene bag water carrying Chelsea twat. There is only one man who is better than Ferguson, Wenger and so on and we need to do it, take gambles if you want a thrill, but you take Kenny if you have the winning will.

I was sitting there you numptie. And no, you wouldn't get it.

Look, my point is; If Dalglish wants the managers job, then thats his decision. It's not as if people are calling on him to do it and he doesnt want to. He doesnt want or need hand-wringers and 'half empty' type people to sit and worry their timid little heads about 'tarnished reputations' and all that malarkey on his behalf. The club is in the shit football wise. Kenny wants to do what he believes is in the best interests of the club to get us out of that shit (even though he was fucking publically humiliated by Broughton & Purslow in the summer, the last time he offered his services.) Kenny dont need no mollycoddling.

I know what your point is, Spartacus. I'm actually a very decisive and optimistic chap in real life. Hand-wringing is not for me, nor is timidity. Perhaps I've overdone it with the 'tarnished rep' bit, as people are caning me for having this fear of failure where Kenny is concerned.

I understand totally where you're coming from, I just don't see it working. On the terraces yes, at least for a while, and in the press, possibly, but not on the pitch.

I'm surprised you wrote that to be fair. What if you'd have made an error with your grammar for instance?

I think the real fear you have is of Kenny winning us the league again and proving you wrong. Which he would do if any CEO has the balls.

Kenny belongs in one place and that the the LFC manager hotseat. We are just insulting/belittling him otherwise. I think it's clear you suffer from a lack of faith but unlike evryone else at least you stand by your judgement and say it.

Dennis I, like most well adjusted adults, have no fear of being proved wrong. I was wrong when I thought Hodgson would steady the ship after Benitez went. I'm usually right though :) That's why I put my money where my mouth is on here quite often. If we won the league under Dalglish no-one would be more ecstatic than me. He's my only footballing hero and I feel an affinity with him that I feel with no other servant of the club. Oh, an error with my grammar? Nah.

Dennis I, like most well adjusted adults, have no fear of being proved wrong. I was wrong when I thought Hodgson would steady the ship after Benitez went. I'm usually right though :) That's why I put my money where my mouth is on here quite often. If we won the league under Dalglish no-one would be more ecstatic than me. He's my only footballing hero and I feel an affinity with him that I feel with no other servant of the club. Oh, an error with my grammar? Nah.

Shouldn't that be proven?

Woz?

I want Dalglish.

Not in a caretaker role, long term - if he wants it.

He's as young as or younger than Fergsuon, Arry, Wenger etc -

So let's get back the legend who has been a hero on the pitch and won us the title on it. He knows what the fans want. He knows 'The Liverpool Way' and he'll give everyone a huge lift!

If Dalglish wants it - GIVE IT TO HIM!

Everyone will get behind him surely, if not - then we seriously have to question ourselves as fans, as it appears no one will make us happy.

Dalglish manager, Carragher assistant - just like Fagan and Dalglish.

I want Dalglish.

Not in a caretaker role, long term - if he wants it.

He's as young as or younger than Fergsuon, Arry, Wenger etc -

So let's get back the legend who has been a hero on the pitch and won us the title on it. He knows what the fans want. He knows 'The Liverpool Way' and he'll give everyone a huge lift!

If Dalglish wants it - GIVE IT TO HIM!

Everyone will get behind him surely, if not - then we seriously have to question ourselves as fans, as it appears no one will make us happy.

Dalglish manager, Carragher assistant - just like Fagan and Dalglish.

Why not do a definitive poll?

1. Dalglish

2. Hodgson

3. Benítez

4. Other (please state)

For what it is worth...

I believe, Dalglish 'till end of season. Review situation, appoint long term manager (if necessary)

Edited by RedMyst
l