You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

JohnnyH

I think most people don't put in the extra effort when they've got a boss they don't like. I'd even be tempted to make them look shit to get rid of them.

He left his boyhood club to win things. It's not looking likely so we can't expect him to suffer with us indefinitely.

Its liverpool fc he plays for, not that excuse of a boss we have. So you agree his attitudes stinks but rather than say it try and justify it.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What have you won since he left? Nothing. This Henry stuff is a media myth, yes he was on the way out anyway as he was getting on but Arsenal have never delivered since. End of discussion.

Its not that simple. Henrys last season was very diffucult for the whole team and he was just like Torres, mopping around, arguing with everyone and couldnt care. We ended up with 67 points. The season after we ended up with 83 points and 4 points of the league, sure we didnt win it, but the team as overall played with alot more freedom and players expressed themselves alot more than just pass it to Henry

Its not that simple. Henrys last season was very diffucult for the whole team and he was just like Torres, mopping around, arguing with everyone and couldnt care. We ended up with 67 points. The season after we ended up with 83 points and 4 points of the league, sure we didnt win it, but the team as overall played with alot more freedom and players expressed themselves alot more than just pass it to Henry

It's not very scientific to suggest that the removal of a sulky genius was the single contributing factor to an improved season the following year. I thought Wenger signed a new long term contract at the beginning of that Henry-less season and that probably had a far bigger impetus for your season. Wenger concentrating on his project at Arsenal and not lifting his skirt for Real Madrid every few months would have helped enormously. Anyway, that season might have been rosier for you in respect of Premiership points but it wasn't that great I'll imagine when we dicked you right out of the Champions league. Enjoy your memories.

What has been his reaction to previous penalty misses though?Maybe he just knew Defoe was shite at them and Pepe is boss at them, so turned cos he knew it was gonna be missed.

he scuffed the spot once away to united.

I noticed him walking away on motd2 last night and thought it was a bit odd but it was one of those days for nando, he looked half arsed for most of the first half but still played two fantastic balls to maxi.

also, on the penalty, he did go mental at the ref when he gave it.

Dunno what to make of it all, what I do know is that between himself and maxi missing 3 decent chances between them, they cost us the game.

Might have won it if you hadn't sold him.

I wouldn't look too much in to the penno incident.

He went mad at the ref when it was given which shows it matters to him.

He walked away without looking, which has been proven in this thread as a superstition of his. Just because he didn't do a knee slide towards the dug out doesn't mean he wasn't happy Defoe missed. He most probably didn't want to get himself too excited as he knew that the inevitable equaliser probably wasn't far off anyway, like all of us did.

I agree that he's looked out of sorts this year but I wouldn't use the incident yesterday as evidence. We're in tenth place, despite every one of our so called rivals stuttering through most of the season so far, and chances are we'll probably end up potless and without CL football again. He's struggled for form, fitness and confidence. I wouldn't expect any player to look happy in those circumstances.

I don't blame him either. We're fucking shite, we have been for years and we will be unless we get a decent manager in with some proper investment.

I honestly can't see us ever getting back to the heights of even a few years ago, it's a shame the club went all political as Rafa was a bit boss before he got caught up in it all, he went shite, roy's started shite, houllier was negative and shite.

Just bring Kenny back for fucks sake and lets win the league again, please.

keep hearing he's lost a yard of pace. Total nonsense, if you look at times he's scored and the minutes after that he's fucking lighting remember against west brom this season he looked as fast as ever, blackburn too. When through yesterday he was hesitant he's low on confiedence at the moment i'm sure he'll get it back, Hodgsons tactics dont suit world class strikers too.

keep hearing he's lost a yard of pace. Total nonsense, if you look at times he's scored and the minutes after that he's fucking lighting remember against west brom this season he looked as fast as ever, blackburn too. When through yesterday he was hesitant he's low on confiedence at the moment i'm sure he'll get it back, Hodgsons tactics dont suit world class strikers too.

Scores twice against chelsea but he low on confidence. Get real. He has lost a yard of pace and gained a stone in weight.

He cares, he looked totally fucked off with the ref through out the game.

I think he played well, except for his shooting. He did two flicks to Maxi which were brilliant - one which was offside and the other Maxi missed the sitter.

As I think the second poster on this thread said, the micro-analysing is best left to the tabloid hacks.

I have to admit to starting to believe the hype when I was at the last home game against the Hammers. Torres does look sulky if you pick out the odd moment, and generally when you watch him on the tele that's what you get. But rather than take someone else's word for it I decided to focus on him for a period, regardless of whether he was on the ball or not. It changed my opinion pretty quickly.

What you don't see on the tele is his movement off the ball, his reading of the game. More often than not he doesn't get the final ball or the play gets broken down and that's where the cameras are focused. But 10 minutes of solely watching Nando convinces you that he's as committed to his football as he's ever been.

That said, if he'd taken his chances yesterday and Maxi had taken his, we'd be above Spurs now - twats, the pair of them!

Nando is a world class player and we should be trying to add others to the side to help him out and get back to the top.

That said, if he does want to go then we should let him. He might have gone this past summer but after an injury plagued season, and with our future as a club up in the air, I'm sure he wanted to give it another go.

If we finish top four this season, then it's onwards and upwards. If we don't (and I suspect 6th or 7th) then I think Nando will be off, as that will be another year of his prime out of the CL. He left his boyhood club to pursue the biggest prizes.

• 2 weeks later...

So...has he lost his pace? Is it all in his head that if he really opens the throttle then he will pick up another injury or is he not trying as hard because he can't be bothered? There were a couple of pieces of play where in the past he would have left people for dead but he did not.

I wonder if the lack of apparent effort is in response to being told one thing in the summer by Purslow and then another happening? I don't recall the exact chronology of ending up with Mr 35yrs experience and if Cecil had had words after rafa got sacked and before we were blessed with our current manager.