You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

JohnnyH

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm only seeing now the footage of Defoes peno from the the other end of the pitch. Torres just walks away and doesn't look at him talking it and when the pen is missed he neither turns around, flinches or even cares it seems.

For me, he clearly wants out. I think if he could, he'd go in January, but he'll stay until the summer and then go. He must wonder what's happened.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm only seeing now the footage of Defoes peno from the the other end of the pitch. Torres just walks away and doesn't look at him talking it and when the pen is missed he neither turns around, flinches or even cares it seems.

For me, he clearly wants out. I think if he could, he'd go in January, but he'll stay until the summer and then go. He must wonder what's happened.

Come on mate, you're better than micro-analysing such things and pretending to be an expert in body language. Leave that nonsense to tabloids.

He may well want to leave but substantiating that theory with how he did/didn't react to something he couldn't influence anyway is silly.

Hasn't really looked arsed all season.

I think that is a very easy assumption to come to. I think at the start he was genuinely not fit and was getting played dreadfully. Now he's just off but hasn't the confidence.

Still don't think we are playing him well either.

I have to say he had an air of 'don't really give a fuck' all day, then did a little bit of huffing and puffing when he imagined the cameras might be upon him. Very Ince-esque. I was really disappointed - I was sitting with some Spurs lads and they were laughing at his miss, saying it looked like he missed it on purpose. I'm sure he didn't, but it did look like it.

Hasn't really looked arsed all season. Has put in maybe one decent performance. Some people will probably be horrified, but selling him isn't unthinkable to me.

Despite having fuck all in the way of service, and coming back from injury, he's still had a hand in the majority of our goals this season.

I'd say he's cut a frustrated figure for the most part.

I think that is a very easy assumption to come to. I think at the start he was genuinely not fit and was getting played dreadfully. Now he's just off but hasn't the confidence.

Still don't think we are playing him well either.

Ian, I'm sorry, but he had plenty of support and plenty of the ball today. I didn't think he was as poor as he has been in recent weeks, but it's not because he's not seeing enough of the ball.

Come on mate, you're better than micro-analysing such things and pretending to be an expert in body language. Leave that nonsense to tabloids.

He may well want to leave but substantiating that theory with how he did/didn't react to something he couldn't influence anyway is silly.

I do know what you're saying and I usually ignore that type of shite, but he's clearly moping around more then usual, and this seems quite amazing. He should be at the box helping to clear out a pepe save, but he just doesn't seem to care. Maybe I'm wrong of course, but it looks awful

did a little bit of huffing and puffing when he imagined the cameras might be upon him.

I was sitting with some Spurs lads and they were laughing at his miss, saying it looked like he missed it on purpose. I'm sure he didn't, but it did look like it.

:lol:

Oh deary.

Guest ShoePiss

I don't think it was a "I don't give a fuck about the club or whether we win or lose"

I think it was a sulky response to the penalty decision. I'd prefer it to be that.

His attitude and body language stunk last year for most part (when he wasn't injured).

I reckon he has lost it with the premiership and all the buffering he is taking from defenders (with little protection). He is absolutely not putting his body on the line for LFC. This is frustrating to watch. I was shouting to get him off mid way through the second half. Sadly we have nobody near enough to replace him and why we are 'between a rock and hard place' right now.

I would guess he has been tapped up by Barca.

Ian, I'm sorry, but he had plenty of support and plenty of the ball today. I didn't think he was as poor as he has been in recent weeks, but it's not because he's not seeing enough of the ball.

We did today but in general I don't think we have done enough in the last few weeks.

If he'd have scored the first chance today, am sure he'd have got off a shot for the second. Just look at Chelsea for that. He's not playing at the top of his game but if we continue to give him the support and the ball in key areas he'll be sound.

It's not at the same level yet but the way these thoughts are getting more common it has the feeling of the whole Gerrard/Chelsea thing from 6 years ago.

He was angry with the ref.

Jermain Defoe penalty miss v Liverpool Video

As you can see in this video, he's arguing with him for ages, before walking away.

5 goals, 5 assists this season. Has done more than any other attacking player at our club this season.

Next week you'll all be singing his praises about scoring against Villa, it's actually pathetic how people want to scrutinise his every move, even though he could walk into any side in Europe, yet he choose to stay at Liverpool while we were in the Europa League, and have no chance of winning anything. If you don't think he's committed, then you're fucking idiots and it's fans like you that don't deserve such a class player and person at our club.

He was angry with the ref.

Jermain Defoe penalty miss v Liverpool Video

As you can see in this video, he's arguing with him for ages, before walking away.

5 goals, 5 assists this season. Has done more than any other attacking player at our club this season.

Next week you'll all be singing his praises about scoring against Villa, it's actually pathetic how people want to scrutinise his every move, even though he could walk into any side in Europe, yet he choose to stay at Liverpool while we were in the Europa League, and have no chance of winning anything. If you don't think he's committed, then you're fucking idiots and it's fans like you that don't deserve such a class player and person at our club.

Calm down dear. We all love Fernando. If you're saying we can't have a moan when he wastes a few nailed on chances, and had a poor game overall, then, erm, no.

Guest the boy
Calm down dear. We all love Fernando. If you're saying we can't have a moan when he wastes a few nailed on chances, and had a poor game overall, then, erm, no.

You're an absolute whopper.