You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

Torres is on holiday, he has been at the World Cup, why exactly does he need to confirm he is staying?

Personally I would confirm fuck all and report back to Melwood when I had finished my holiday after what has been a long and difficult season.

Obviously total guesswork, but I think he's just fucking with Cecil while he's on his holiday. If that's the case he'll know that some of the fans will be pissed off with him for a while, but might see it as worth it if it gets another player or two bought, and that the fans realise that as time passes. I'd guess that if he says he's staying it'll be next tuesday or wednesday that we find out if his holiday ends on monday.

Another striker might be his priority now, just so that he doesn't feel so much weight on his shoulders next season.

Sounds like Torres is gone, but I still can't believe Hodgson came out with the comments he did. What was he thinking? Nothing good comes from what he spouted. Should of just said, "we are hopeful he will stay and we'll talk to him when he gets back from his holidays". I don't like the "not my fault" stuff he is coming out with already.

I enjoyed Sky's interpretation on Hodgson's comments, that Nando had a problem with the previous regime! Which is A. Not what he said and B. Completely illogical.

I don't think he will leave, but I guess that it was Purslow who lied to him last time, so no reason to believe what he has to say now is there?

They can't afford him.

Anyway, Torres needs to do something/say something very quickly. We can't have this cloud hanging over the squad... he either needs to say, "Sell me" or "I'm not going anywhere".

agreed, but if he can force Purslows hand in releasing some funds to the manager before he commits to the future then all the better

im trying the optimistic route this week

If he signed a contract in good faith last year, and got a load of broken promises, it's not his fault, that's the clubs. He's well within his rights to leave, and I don't think any fan should hold it against him. He deserves better, but so do we, if he does want to leave, he should make that clear soon. However, I'm liking this suggestion by some of you that he's making Purslow sweat, into signing players. If Torres demands a move, no matter how the club spins it, we know the truth and Cecil will be in some very deep shit.

If he signed a contract in good faith last year, and got a load of broken promises, it's not his fault, that's the clubs. He's well within his rights to leave, and I don't think any fan should hold it against him. He deserves better, but so do we, if he does want to leave, he should make that clear soon. However, I'm liking this suggestion by some of you that he's making Purslow sweat, into signing players. If Torres demands a move, no matter how the club spins it, we know the truth and Cecil will be in some very deep shit.

I hold it against him because i like every other cunt, work hard to pay for my season tickets and away days.

so if he joins Chelsea I'm not buying anymore wine gums from the kiosk, that'll show the twats!

I hold it against him because i like every other cunt, work hard to pay for my season tickets and away days.

so if he joins Chelsea I'm not buying anymore wine gums from the kiosk, that'll show the twats!

If your employer offered you an improved contract stating you would have say for example, reduced hours, better equipment and tools to work with, an extra member of staff to your team and increased holiday time and pay, then 12 months on they never delivered on it and had lied to you outright, you wouldn't be very fucked off and tempted to join a rival company where they would deliver on all of those promises?

Come on, the lads been fucked about by the snakes in the board-room. He's not a scouser either, he's a life-long Atletico fan and he left his boyhood club to come here. I'm sure he didn't come here to be fucked about by LBO sharks and investment bankers.

Do one better, I haven't been to Anfield in 5 months and won't be going until Tom and George are gone. It's all about away games next season, they're just a bitch to get tickets for.