You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

Having only read the interiew, i'ves been always worried about the Chavski connection and if he lowers himself to that level then he can gofuck himself. He left his favourite club to join a club with a similar passion and to fuck off to to a plastic club is pretty shocking for a man i always thought that alwayas football came first. I hope he proves me wrong.

Lay off the Torres bashing its clear in black and white they made promises to him they didnt keep and the trust has gone.

How many of you would stick around if you had been lied to.

Aye. Briefed by Purslow last year during that "investment" farce. Probably got fed all sorts of bullshit by the board. I wonder if Purslow is giving him the "there's plenty of money, we just didn't want Rafa to spend it" line....

doesnt sound good - even worse is if he does it'll be chelsea

It wont be Chelsea - Torres' problem isn't Liverpool - it's the Prem.

If he leaves, and i think he will, he'll leave England.

I'm sure our boy would rather be a cripple in red, than a cripple in blue.

If Torres knew he wanted to stay, he'd have already announced it; his holding off shows only one thing: he's considering offers, or rather, his agent is considering offers and trying to convince Torres to move so he can make a fat wallet on him. I hate agents.

Aye. Briefed by Purslow last year during that "investment" farce. Probably got fed all sorts of bullshit by the board. I wonder if Purslow is giving him the "there's plenty of money, we just didn't want Rafa to spend it" line....

Torres, Rafa and Gerrard have all been lied to by the board and the owners. It's not difficult to understand that the two players were considering their future - Gerrard may have decided to stay but that in no way indicates Torres will.

Having only read the interiew, i'ves been always worried about the Chavski connection and if he lowers himself to that level then he can gofuck himself. He left his favourite club to join a club with a similar passion and to fuck off to to a plastic club is pretty shocking for a man i always thought that alwayas football came first. I hope he proves me wrong.

I agree with this, also 14 months ago we finished ahead of Chelsea, we had 1 bad season the main problem with the team was Benitez that's been removed, our squad if we get a left back and a decent striker is better than the mancs Arsenal and Spurs.

Gerrard owes us nothing, Torres goes after we constantly supported him through endless injuries picked up playing for Spain and allowed him to miss our run in, he jumps ship now he's as bad as Micheal Owen in my eyes

The new boy's a bit off message for a 'yes man', isn't he? Distinct lack of 'we' in his response to questions about Torres, and plenty of pointers to where the problem lies and the separation of responsibilities at the club.

Whatever he is, he's clearly not cannon fodder.

I agree with this, also 14 months ago we finished ahead of Chelsea, we had 1 bad season the main problem with the team was Benitez that's been removed, our squad if we get a left back and a decent striker is better than the mancs Arsenal and Spurs.

Gerrard owes us nothing, Torres goes after we constantly supported him through endless injuries picked up playing for Spain and allowed him to miss our run in, he jumps ship now he's as bad as Micheal Owen in my eyes

And if we don't, or we get a couple of journeymen or young prospects, is he still as bad as Michael Owen?

£5m (ish, if we're lucky) net spend is barely investing in the team and I wouldn't blame Torres if he was to go, though I would blame him, and Broughton, if he goes to Chelsea.

No. It's good sense. My only question is over the price. 50 million seems too much considering Villa just went for half that or less.

Villa went for €40m FCBarcelona.cat

Not bad for a 29 year old.

Now Torres is only 26 and is wanted by the 2 richest clubs in the world (Citeh and Chavs). What is he worth to us?

Let's start the bidding at £50m and see how far we get.

I don't want him to leave, as he is one of the best strikers in the world. But, if he does decide to go, we've got to get as much as we can.

Kenny Dalglish tips Fernando Torres to stay at Anfield

Former Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish says he hopes striker Fernando Torres will commit his future to the club.

The 26-year-old has been linked with a move away from Anfield, but Dalglish said he felt the arrival of new boss Roy Hodgson could persuade him to stay.

Captain Steven Gerrard has since said he expects to stay at the club, while Joe Cole has signed from Chelsea.

"When Torres sees that and talks with Roy I'm sure he'll give us good news," Dalglish told 5 live's Sportsweek.

Hodgson told the News of the World on Sunday that he believed he had done all he could to keep Torres at Liverpool.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more. His beef is with the club and not me," the paper quoted Hodgson as saying.

Torres has been struggling with injury of late and is currently out with an adductor problem although the club is hopeful he will be fit for the Premier League opening fixture against Arsenal on 15 August.

Chelsea are rumored to be among the clubs interested in the Spanish World Cup winner, but Dalglish added: "I hope Torres stays. Only Fernando knows what is going to do Unfortunately for him he is injured but he is a fantastic player and is very happy around the club and the city.

"The fact that Stevie is staying will be a great help and players like Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic, Jonjo Shelvey and Danny Wilson means there is buying for present and the future."

Meanwhile Dalglish said he was unsure about whether he will return to football management.

The 59-year-old has been out of management since ending a short spell with Celtic in 2000.

He was keen on the Liverpool post after Rafael Benitez's exit, but stepped aside when it became clear he was not in the club hierarchy's thoughts.

"Whether I would be a manager somewhere else remains to be seen. I don't know," he said.

"Sometimes you miss the buzz of competing at the top level but you don't miss it when you lose a game because it can be very lonely."

A Reds player for 10 years and manager between 1985 and 1991, Dalglish returned to the club last year to take up a senior position at the club's academy as well as an ambassadorial role at Anfield.

"When Rafa went I offered to help in any way I could," he said. There was a list made up Christian Purslow and I spoke to a few people.

"After the initial conversations I stepped aside and the board made the decision who would be the next manager.

"I said I would help in any way I possibly could for Liverpool and I would have been prepared to be the manager if they wanted that.

"But they didn't want that to happen which is their prerogative and that is no problem for me.

"I was very happy at the club last year working with the academy and being an ambassador and it was enjoyable."

Dalglish believes the future is promising for Liverpool after the team failed to qualify for the Champions League this season.

"Signing Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard coming out with a statement saying he is staying gives everyone a lift and it wasn't a bad week for the club," said Dalglish.

"Roy is going to stamp his own authority on the club. It is difficult at the moment because the players are coming back in dribs and drabs after the World Cup and you don't have everyone coming back together it is difficult."

Worrying that Kenny sounds like LFC is in the past for him now.

BBC Sport - Football - Kenny Dalglish tips Fernando Torres to stay at Anfield

Worrying that Kenny sounds like LFC is in the past for him now.

Kenny is playing his hand very close to his chest.

I get the feeling that Kenny is really saying ' I only want one management job, and if I can't have it, then for now, I'm happy with what I'm doing'

New owners for the club, could change everything.

Villa went for €40m FCBarcelona.cat

Not bad for a 29 year old.

Now Torres is only 26 and is wanted by the 2 richest clubs in the world (Citeh and Chavs). What is he worth to us?

Let's start the bidding at £50m and see how far we get.

I don't want him to leave, as he is one of the best strikers in the world. But, if he does decide to go, we've got to get as much as we can.

thanks for that: I didn't realise Villa went for that much, and it puts Torres' value into better perspective.

I still think there's a chance we'll be beaten down with the injury worries, but then again...wasn't there a stupid club that paid an outrageous sum for an injured Aquilani? LOL

It's Sunday morning. I'm going to have a big breakfast, consisting mostly of pork products. Later on I will go out and visit licenced premises where I will consume alcoholic beverages. After I have had enough to drink I will return home, my brain functions altered by the effects of the alchohol, and then I will consider my opinion on this topic.

There's nothing more cecil can say to Torres,we've promised him allsorts over the last 18 months(or thats what were lead to believe) we haven't delivered so he wont believe what he's told now will he? nothing behind the scene's has changed were skint any money that comes in (from Masch)not all of it will be re-invested even if it is it wont bring in the other 3 world class players he is looking for so for that reason i think he's leaning towards leaving Liverpool but at the end of the day he is a player for liverpool why does he think him demanding players will change anything?the board dont listen to the fans when we want investment so why should they listen to a player who they could sell for £60 mill? ( i hope to fuck he stays but if he goes then theres is fuck all we can do to stop it,lets hope Nando's Love for all things Liverpool show's through and he stay's for the fans not the owners)