You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

He has very, very valid concerns, but he needs to let us know very, very soon as we'll need to replace him. I hope you're satisfied, David Moores.

Won't knock Torres but every day later the better as don't think he'd do an Owen (well hopenot anyway), Graham Smith said Moores is still active, wonder in what way.

It's Sunday morning. I'm going to have a big breakfast, consisting mostly of pork products. Later on I will go out and visit licenced premises where I will consume alcoholic beverages. After I have had enough to drink I will return home, my brain functions altered by the effects of the alchohol, and then I will consider my opinion on this topic.

I have a gun.

Torres is a one off, the embodiment of class on and of the pitch, if we lose him, it'll be a sad day, one i hope purslow lives long enough to regret..

Mate to be fair to Purselow if Torres leaves it really has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his bossex

He won't leave, the club have backed him into a corner he doesn't want to be in. If he really wants to go then he'll have to put in a transfer request, which the club will then make public. All the bleating about being lied to doesn't cut much mustard when Gerrard is staying, so he'll end up looking like a liar about how much he loves the fans, city, club etc. because at the first sign of trouble he's buggered off.

What would some people rather he do? Just walk into Melwood with his World Cup medal, sit and have a brew with Purslow and tell him not to worry about further investment in the team and that he'll offer unquestionable support for the rest of his contract?

Stuff that - as far as i see it this shows he cares more about the club and the issues it faces. He's not willing to just sit back and take an easy ride. He's spoken out about what needs to be done and now he's using his position of strength to attempt to stir the board into action.

Either...

he stays because they meet his demands and give him reason to believe in the future project.

or...

he goes and clearly states the full reasons why and thus gets well needed reporting on our situation.

Although the first option is much more preferable, both of these would have their positives. I refuse to believe that he's just being some kind of mercenary. Clearly all he does will be led by a strong desire for medals and success but i don't think he'd leave unless he really thought the future looked very bleak.

Mate to be fair to Purselow if Torres leaves it really has nothing to do with him and everything to do with his bossex

Nonsense. Purslow represents the interests of his bosses. If he does not, he is unprofessional, and without any credibility in the future, be it in the club or anywhere else.

Although Torres has yet to make a decision on his Liverpool future, with Chelsea the favourites to sign him should he decide to leave Anfield, Mancini says he is desperate to bring the World Cup winner to City.

"There are two or three strikers that we could go for," said Mancini. "But it's the same situation as it is with Milner. First there is the price, then it depends if the player wants to change teams. Up until now, Liverpool haven't bought many players.

"The choices that we have are between four or five fantastic players. Torres is one of the best strikers in Europe and has been playing in the Premier League for three years now, so he knows it very well. But it all depends on his situation, his price and whether he wants to come."

Read more: Manchester City still haven't given up on signing Fernando Torres and Premier League title rivalsof scared of my expensive side, says Roberto Mancini - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

If he goes then Roy should get every penny to replace him.

I still think he'll stay.

Think the reality will be if he goes we'll see little or fuck all of it to replace him, it'll be Rafas fault, no time to sign anyone else etc. but we have signed Cole and still the fuckwits will eat it up. Anyone feel like spending 45 a game next year to watch ngogg and a free playing up front.....