You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 MW2 TLW Clan?

Allan

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prestiged again and am missing my claymores once more. Why are they unlocked at level 31, why can't I have them all the time? Why? Why? Why? Why?

Just unlocked scavenger again, so I'll be switching from my FAMAS with SoH, Stopping Power & Commando loadout to the SCAR with Scavenger, Hardline and Steady Aim.

I've found myself getting more triple kills with the Predator Missile this time round, think I've already had 5 since I prestiged. Suppose it makes up for all the Predator fails I've had in the past....

Had a quick half hour before work this evening, and had a strange end to a Mercenary TDM on Carnival.

After sneaking around the edge of the map and into the enemies spawn, I managed to pick off a couple of baddies which brought me my 5th kill and my predator missile.

The first of the kills came as much of a surprise to myself as it was to the unsuspecting victim. As I was crouch walking round the edge of the map, I decided to stop and scout the area before proceeding, and low and behold, right in front of my nose was an enemy sniper with his back to me. A quick knife in the back took him down and was unnoticed by his buddy no more than 10 feet away, so he got 3 FAMAS bullets to the side of his cranium.

However, as I called the predator in, host migration kicked in, leaving me viewing the predator flying somewhere outside the map before going blank as the new host was found.

As the new host was established, my predator hit the ground and got me the match winning kill. The killcam was almost exactly in sync with the host migration process, so all you seen was the migration take place, and then the last second of my predator hitting the ground and blowing up some poor person who'd just joined the game during the host migration.

In the same game I was down by the broken rollercoasters with a couple of team mates, as the baddies were all together at the back of the fun house, well almost all of them anyway. As the firefight raged, I heard some footsteps behind me, a quick check of the mini map showed no green arrow, so a quick 180 spin and 3 FAMAS bullets later some unsuccessful sneaky person was nursing quite the bruised ego, as he'd been lining me up with semtex or a throwing knife before I popped 3 bullets into his sternum. I love my headset sometimes.

Stayed on earlier until I got to Lv31, glad to have my claymores back.

As for host migration, I was playing a couple of weeks ago and the host migrated twice as I got my killstreak up to chopper gunner. Happen two games in a row, I was rightly pissed off.

Stayed on earlier until I got to Lv31, glad to have my claymores back.

As for host migration, I was playing a couple of weeks ago and the host migrated twice as I got my killstreak up to chopper gunner. Happen two games in a row, I was rightly pissed off.

I just missed you. I jumped on for a quicky before work, and you were just signing off.

Pain in the arse when it happens as you're into a good streak. Bloody rage quitting pussies....

I'm up to level 19 now, not too far away from unleashing the TAR-21 once more. I fell in love with that gun the last time round, and I'm ready to dish the pain with it once again. I'm also around 9 kills away from finally getting my K/D into positive land....

I've found the game is teasing me when I first join a lobby, it always seems to put me into a lobby with Skidrow, and then just as I get excited, it jumps into another lobby, usually on bloody Bailout or Crash

I just missed you. I jumped on for a quicky before work, and you were just signing off.

Pain in the arse when it happens as you're into a good streak. Bloody rage quitting pussies....

I'm up to level 19 now, not too far away from unleashing the TAR-21 once more. I fell in love with that gun the last time round, and I'm ready to dish the pain with it once again. I'm also around 9 kills away from finally getting my K/D into positive land....

I've found the game is teasing me when I first join a lobby, it always seems to put me into a lobby with Skidrow, and then just as I get excited, it jumps into another lobby, usually on bloody Bailout or Crash

I played Skidrow about 5 times today, thankfully no Vacant or Trailer Park. I am sick of those two. Your good form must be continuing Al?

I played Skidrow about 5 times today, thankfully no Vacant or Trailer Park. I am sick of those two. Your good form must be continuing Al?

I'm a fan of Vacant, I really n00b it up with Scavenger, Danger Close, Ninja/Scrambler, with my t00bs on whatever Assault Rifle I'm using at the time. I also carry around either the AT4-HS or RPG for distance killing, and of course, I have my trusty claymores.

I have my moments on Trailer Park. Some days I like it, others I can't stand it. I had a cracking game on Trailer Park the other day, went 20 something and 4 or 5 deaths, just ripped through the opposition with my FAMAS.

I'm doing alright, still have the odd shite game, but who doesn't? I've enraged a few quick scoping and run & gun fan boys recently, as they were quick to send messages calling me a camper straight after the match, and then disappear just as quick when I pull them up on the Marathon, Lightweight, Commando or akimbo shotguns they'd be tearing around the maps with.

I'm a fan of Vacant, I really n00b it up with Scavenger, Danger Close, Ninja/Scrambler, with my t00bs on whatever Assault Rifle I'm using at the time. I also carry around either the AT4-HS or RPG for distance killing, and of course, I have my trusty claymores.

I have my moments on Trailer Park. Some days I like it, others I can't stand it. I had a cracking game on Trailer Park the other day, went 20 something and 4 or 5 deaths, just ripped through the opposition with my FAMAS.

I'm doing alright, still have the odd shite game, but who doesn't? I've enraged a few quick scoping and run & gun fan boys recently, as they were quick to send messages calling me a camper straight after the match, and then disappear just as quick when I pull them up on the Marathon, Lightweight, Commando or akimbo shotguns they'd be tearing around the maps with.

I love getting those messages. It means you got the better of them.

I always do well on Trailer Park and Vacant, it's just they come up for me far too often. When I have it at my disposal, I too love using an RPG on Vacant. That map is made for it.

I love getting those messages. It means you got the better of them.

I always do well on Trailer Park and Vacant, it's just they come up for me far too often. When I have it at my disposal, I too love using an RPG on Vacant. That map is made for it.

The AT4 is cracking on Vacant, the rockets fly straight unlike the RPG's that arc toward the end of their flight path. It's quite underrated the old AT4, but the more I've used it, the more I've come to appreciate it. Just a shame that you only get 1 rocket though.

Got my claymores back again, yay for me, but haven't played since reaching level 31.

I have, however, changed all my classes to use claymores instead of semtex.

Speaking of semtex, am I the only person in the world that can't get kills using semtex or nades?

New to the game as I mentioned in the Black Ops thread.

Would quite happily join clan even though I'm useless online. How does these Bling and things like that work?

Managed OK with the game in single player but with online I'm totally lost now. Also how the hell do people aim so quickly? Is it just because I'm shit?

New to the game as I mentioned in the Black Ops thread.

Would quite happily join clan even though I'm useless online. How does these Bling and things like that work?

Managed OK with the game in single player but with online I'm totally lost now. Also how the hell do people aim so quickly? Is it just because I'm shit?

As has been mentioned before, the TNF clan was set up to stop people from playing on their own all the time, and to have a laugh, regardless of ability. So, if you're online and see us on, just drop a message through PSN to see if anyone fancies partying up.

The aiming quickly part will be down to the controller sensitivity that players have set, I think the game defaults to level 3 sensitivity. Go into the options section when in multiplayer and have a play around to get yourself comfortable with movement. Best to try this out in a private room by yourself, so you can get used to the difference in speed, you'll also be able to adjust the sensitivity in game without fear of being t00bed or quickscoped. Hit start and then options in game.

Another reason for apparent quicker aim will be the use of Sleight of Hand, more probably the pro version which reduces the time it takes to aim down sight.

What loadout are you using at the moment? What sort of style of play do you think you're best suited to? Run & gun, tactically defensive (campy), or sniping?

Here's a brief overview of the perks available in the multiplayer game:

Tier 1 (Blue)

Marathon

Ability: Unlimited Sprint

Pro: + Climb obstacles faster

Unlock Level: Start

Extras: There is no limit to how far you can sprint with Marathon. Time taken to climb objects is cut in half with Marathon Pro.

Pro I- Run 1 mile while using Marathon - 500 XP

Pro II - Run 5 miles while using Marathon - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Run 10 miles while using Marathon - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Run 26 miles while using Marathon - 5,000 XP (unlocks Marathon Pro)

Pro V - Run 52 miles while using Marathon - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Run 104 miles while using Marathon - 10,000 XP

Sleight of Hand

Ability: Faster reload time

Pro: + Aim down sights faster

Extras: Sleight of Hand cuts reload time in half. Sleight of Hand Pro cuts the time it takes to aim in and out of the sight in half.

Pro I - Get 15 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 30 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 60 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 120 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 5,000 XP (unlocks Sleight of Hand Pro)

Pro V - Get 300 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 750 kills while using Sleight of Hand - 10,000 XP

Scavenger

Ability: Fully resupply from dead bodies

Pro: + Extra magazines

Level: 13

Extras: Scavenger Unlock will automatically resupply if empty on any of the following: Bullets, Equipment, or Gun Attachments (only 1 of Equipment or Grenade Launchers). Scavenger Pro starts you with full ammunition.

Pro I - Resupply 10 times while using Scavenger - 500 XP

Pro II - Resupply 25 times while using Scavenger - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Resupply 50 times while using Scavenger - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Resupply 100 times while using Scavenger - 5,000 XP (unlocks Scavenger Pro)

Pro V - Resupply 250 times while using Scavenger - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Resupply 500 times while using Scavenger - 10,000 XP

Bling

Ability: Dual attachments on primary weapon

Pro: + Dual attachments on secondary weapon

Unlock Level: 21

Extras: Cannot have two different scopes. Snipers can have two attachments + a regular sniper scope (ex: Scope, Heartbeat Sensor, Silencer).

Pro I - Get 25 kills with two weapon attachments - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 50 kills with two weapon attachments - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 100 kills with two weapon attachments - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 200 kills with two weapon attachments - 5,000 XP (unlocks Bling Pro)

Pro V - Get 450 kills with two weapon attachments - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 900 kills with two weapon attachments - 10,000 XP

One Man Army

Ability: Swap classes at any time

Pro: + Swap classes faster

Unlock Level: 45

Extras: Class change takes 6 seconds using One Man Army. One Man Army Pro class change takes 3 seconds. One Man Army takes the place of a Secondary Weapon. If switched to a class without One Many Army, kill challenges are still completed in that lifetime.

Pro I - Get 15 kills while using One Man Army - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 30 kills while using One Man Army - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 60 kills while using One Man Army - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 120 kills while using One Man Army - 5,000 XP (unlocks One Man Army Pro)

Pro V - Get 300 kills while using One Man Army - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 750 kills while using One Man Army - 10,000 XP

Tier 2 (Red)

Stopping Power

Ability: Increased bullet damage

Pro: + Increased bullet damage to cars and killstreaks

Extras: Stopping Power multiplies bullet damage x1.4. Stopping Power Pro multiplies bullet damage against vehicles x1.4.

Pro I - Get 30 kills while using Stopping Power - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 60 kills while using Stopping Power - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 120 kills while using Stopping Power - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 250 kills while using Stopping Power - 5,000 XP (unlocks Stopping Power Pro)

Pro V - Get 500 kills while using Stopping Power - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 1,000 kills while using Stopping Power - 10,000 XP

Lightweight

Ability: Move faster

Pro: + Bring sights up quicker after sprinting

Extras: Lightweight multiplies the movement speed by 1.1 (8% or 10% depending on the weight of the weapon carried). Lightweight Pro cuts the time to go from sprinting to being able to fire in half.

Pro I - Travel 2 mile using Lightweight - 500 XP

Pro II - Travel 8 miles using Lightweight - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Travel 15 miles using Lightweight - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Travel 30 miles using Lightweight - 5,000 XP (unlocks Lightweight Pro)

Pro V - Travel 100 miles using Lightweight - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Travel 250 miles using Lightweight - 10,000 XP

Hardline

Ability: Killstreak rewards require one less kill

Pro: + Deathstreak rewards require one less death

Unlock Level: 9

Extras: Hardline cuts all killstreaks by 1 kill. Hardline Pro cuts all deathstreaks by one death.

Pro I - Get 3 killstreaks while using Hardline - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 10 killstreaks while using Hardline - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 20 killstreaks while using Hardline - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 40 killstreaks while using Hardline - 5,000 XP (unlocks Hardline Pro)

Pro V - Get 100 killstreaks while using Hardline - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 250 killstreaks while using Hardline - 10,000 XP

Cold Blooded

Ability: Undetectable by UAV, air support, sentry guns, and thermal scopes

Pro: + No red crosshair or name when targeted

Unlock Level: 25

Extras: Cold Blooded makes no enemy air vehicle able to see you. You will not be outlined by red when the enemy is controlling a Predator Missile, Chopper Gunner, or AC130. With Cold Blooded Pro enemies will not see your name when they look at you from close range.

Pro I - Destroy 3 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 500 XP

Pro II - Destroy 10 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Destroy 20 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Destroy 40 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 5,000 XP (unlocks Cold Blooded Pro)

Pro V - Destroy 100 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Destroy 250 enemy killstreak rewards while using Cold Blooded - 10,000 XP

Danger Close

Ability: Increases explosive weapons' damage

Pro: + Extra air support damage

Unlock Level: 33

Extras: Danger Close increases explosive weapon damage by 1.4. Danger Close Pro increases all killstreak rewards damage by 1.4. Applied to all killstreaks that do damage.

Pro I - Get 10 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 25 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 50 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 100 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 5,000 XP (unlocks Danger Close Pro)

Pro V - Get 250 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 500 kills with explosives while using Danger Close - 10,000 XP

Tier 3 (Green)

Commando

Ability: Increased melee distance

Pro: + No falling damage

Pro I - Get 2 knife kills while using Commando - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 5 knife kills while using Commando - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 10 knife kills while using Commando - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 20 knife kills while using Commando - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Get 50 knife kills while using Commando - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 100 knife kills while using Commando - 10,000 XP

Steady Aim

Ability: Increased hip-fire accuracy

Pro: + Hold breath longer while sniping

Pro I - Get 10 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 20 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 40 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 80 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Get 200 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 500 hip-fire kills while using Steady Aim - 10,000 XP

Scrambler

Ability: Scrambles radar of enemies close by

Pro: + Delay enemy Claymore explosions

Unlock Level: 17

Pro I - Get 5 close range kills while using Scrambler - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 10 close range kills while using Scrambler - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 25 close range kills while using Scrambler - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 50 close range kills while using Scrambler - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Get 125 close range kills while using Scrambler - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 250 close range kills while using Scrambler - 10,000 XP

Ninja

Ability: Undetectable to heartbeat sensors

Pro: + Silent footsteps

Unlock Level: 29

Pro I - Get 5 close range kills while using Ninja - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 10 close range kills while using Ninja - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 25 close range kills while using Ninja - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 50 close range kills while using Ninja - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Get 125 close range kills while using Ninja - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 250 close range kills while using Ninja - 10,000 XP

Sitrep

Ability: Reveals enemy explosives and tactical insertions in red

Pro: + Louder enemy footsteps

Unlock Level: 37

Pro I - Destroy 15 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 500 XP

Pro II - Destroy 30 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Destroy 60 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Destroy 120 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Destroy 300 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Destroy 750 enemy devices or tactical insertions while using Sitrep - 10,000 XP

Last Stand

Ability: Survive on the ground for 10 seconds after being shot down. A pistol will automatically be your weapon of defense

Pro: Use equipment along with your pistol

Unlock Level: 41

Pro I - Get 2 kills while in Last Stand - 500 XP

Pro II - Get 5 kills while in Last Stand - 1,000 XP

Pro III - Get 10 kills while in Last Stand - 2,500 XP

Pro IV - Get 20 kills while in Last Stand - 5,000 XP

Pro V - Get 50 kills while in Last Stand - 10,000 XP

Pro VI - Get 100 kills while in Last Stand - 10,000 XP

I've just sent you a PSN request.

Just tried with the sensitivity and dropping it seems to have helped. Think I am a bit too cackhanded so need to drop it as I was spraying bullets all over the shop and seemed to be missing everything.

I fell like I am getting on target a bit easier now but I still seem a lot more wayward than everyone else although at least I am killing a few now.

I only have 2370 XP points at the moment.

Weapons wise I have been playing as Grenadier or First Recon I had multiple trys as sniper scout but couldn't seem to get somewhere decent quick enough to be effective sniping. Although just had a try with overwatch at the sub pen and got 7 kills which is pretty amazing by standards previously.

Play wise probably more a camper (at least always was on Unreal Tournament online when it first could be played online on the PC years ago). Although would like to run and gun.

Does the automatic aiming thing go off on Multiplayer?

I've just sent you a PSN request.

Just tried with the sensitivity and dropping it seems to have helped. Think I am a bit too cackhanded so need to drop it as I was spraying bullets all over the shop and seemed to be missing everything.

I fell like I am getting on target a bit easier now but I still seem a lot more wayward than everyone else although at least I am killing a few now.

I only have 2370 XP points at the moment.

Weapons wise I have been playing as Grenadier or First Recon I had multiple trys as sniper scout but couldn't seem to get somewhere decent quick enough to be effective sniping. Although just had a try with overwatch at the sub pen and got 7 kills which is pretty amazing by standards previously.

Play wise probably more a camper (at least always was on Unreal Tournament online when it first could be played online on the PC years ago). Although would like to run and gun.

Does the automatic aiming thing go off on Multiplayer?

I'm at work now, but I'll pick up the PSN request when I get home later this evening.

Sorry, can't remember how much XP you need to get to level 4 so you can start creating your own classes, so what level are you currently?

The Grenadier and First Recon classes are probably the best to start with from the default classes, though the FAMAS can be quite tricky to get used to.

Once you can create your own classes, I'd suggest trying out the M4A1 with Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power, it makes no real difference if you use Commando or Steady Aim as the third perk, unless you've got decent enough reactions to knife someone when up close and personal.

The M4A1 has hardly any recoil, if any at all, so is ideal in most scenarios. Combined with Sleight of Hand and Stopping Power, it's a very effective weapon. If you've no problem using a burst weapon, then swap the M4A1 for the FAMAS, it's so accurate it's untrue, and again, very little recoil.

If you continue using Assault Rifles, then the SCAR-H and TAR-21 will be your next unlocks. The SCAR is a superb weapon, though it's let down by the lack of ammo, so it's best to team this with Scavenger. The TAR-21 is another fine weapon, though you'll either need to use a silencer, (unlocked after 75 kills), or Steady Aim, as the recoil takes some getting used to.

The auto aim facility works to a degree in multiplayer. If you have an enemy in your sights, the gun you are using will auto track the enemy briefly giving you a greater chance of gunning him down. This is more noticeable when using a Red Dot Sight or the Holographic attachment.

I can't create my own class yet, although I have got rapid fire for the UMP45 now.

At the moment I am a Private First Class 2. Starting to get the hang a little now I think, I'm still getting battered but at least I am killing some on the way now!

I'm assuming the best way to deal with a Harrier or Apache attack is to find somewhere to hide, curl up in a ball and cry like a girl? Seens to have kept me near to alive for a while.

Whilst typing posting promoted to Specialist.

I can't create my own class yet, although I have got rapid fire for the UMP45 now.

At the moment I am a Private First Class 2. Starting to get the hang a little now I think, I'm still getting battered but at least I am killing some on the way now!

I'm assuming the best way to deal with a Harrier or Apache attack is to find somewhere to hide, curl up in a ball and cry like a girl? Seens to have kept me near to alive for a while.

Whilst typing posting promoted to Specialist.

Unless you have Cold Blooded on, then yes, cowering in a corner of a building is the best way to go. Though be sure to check the roof is in tact.... Plus, keep your guard up as the enemy will start to rush the buildings you are hiding in while they have their air support up.

Haha, I wasn't posting to show off, it was merely to offer encouragement to chevettehs.

That was a good session yesterday Al, we were both playing really well.

I was just messing with you, or was I???

I enjoyed yesterdays quicky. I didn't go back on after the Carra testimonial on LFCTV, so I've not had any fun with my claymores yet. Itching to set some traps for unsuspecting victims....

I have the Scar-H now. Going to have a break for a while to get my stuff sorted for work tomorrow. Some improvement but still largely getting my arse handed to me. Last game in particular I got a proper kicking. 2 kills and 15 deaths!

As Byrnie said earlier, you'll get better the more you play. The one thing I would say is, try not to go out hell for leather at this early stage, as you'll be picked to pieces, as you've just found out. Stick fairly close to team mates if you're playing TDM, but not too close as your team mate may attract some unwanted attention, and vice versa. If you do find that your team mates are rushing around like headless chickens, stick to an area of the map and defend it as best you can, or if you're feeling adventurous, take a wander round the edge of the map, this'll make it harder for you to get shot in the back...

Have claymores got to be opened up? As I don't seem to have any option to equip with them.

If you go on rampage you get proper fucked (which I have). I've been doing more camping and trying to learn the maps to be honest as I am noticing lots of spots which I dare say I would never have found if someone hadn't killed me from them. Had a second game with the ones I was on with there and even with me playing conservatively they where really good killing me big style, few had mikes and they all sounded about 12 and still kicked my arse. That was on Free-for-all, I stopped the TDMs for a while as I didn't really know what was going on.

Edited by chevettehs