You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PS3 MW2 TLW Clan?

Allan

I don't know what it is, but I really can't be bothered with this game anymore :(

I've been going through the motions myself recently. I still think this is the best game I've ever played online, but do think that it has too many flaws at the same time.

Too many overpowered weapons, killstreaks and perks.

I'm hoping that in Black Ops, or even MW3 if it's made, they make sure that these issues are not repeated.

Personally, I'd do away with a few things:

First to go would be Akimbo, way overpowered, especially for shotguns.

I'd also look to adjust the perk system and try to make the perks more focused around your characters physical and mental attributes, rather than improving your weapon(s). I'd drop Stopping Power, Bling, Danger Close and One Man Army from the perks and include them as unlockable attachments for some weapons.

I'd keep Marathon, but would change the Pro version, so that sprinting was not unlimited, but your stamina and agility were only doubled from the standard version.

I'd look to merge Commando into Lightweight and rename the perk Agility or something like that, but I'd want the Commando lunge sorted. I'd also look to do something similar with Cold Blooded and Ninja, renaming the perk to Stealth.

I'd shorten the amount of killstreaks available and make the more destructive streaks harder to attain, such as the Chopper Gunner and AC-130. I'd also switch off a killstreak leading to another, meaning all your kills must be earned by yourself to gain your next reward.

There are a few other things I'd like to see, but the above are the major changes I'd like to see.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been going through the motions myself recently. I still think this is the best game I've ever played online, but do think that it has too many flaws at the same time.

Too many overpowered weapons, killstreaks and perks.

I'm hoping that in Black Ops, or even MW3 if it's made, they make sure that these issues are not repeated.

Personally, I'd do away with a few things:

First to go would be Akimbo, way overpowered, especially for shotguns.

I'd also look to adjust the perk system and try to make the perks more focused around your characters physical and mental attributes, rather than improving your weapon(s). I'd drop Stopping Power, Bling, Danger Close and One Man Army from the perks and include them as unlockable attachments for some weapons.

I'd keep Marathon, but would change the Pro version, so that sprinting was not unlimited, but your stamina and agility were only doubled from the standard version.

I'd look to merge Commando into Lightweight and rename the perk Agility or something like that, but I'd want the Commando lunge sorted. I'd also look to do something similar with Cold Blooded and Ninja, renaming the perk to Stealth.

I'd shorten the amount of killstreaks available and make the more destructive streaks harder to attain, such as the Chopper Gunner and AC-130. I'd also switch off a killstreak leading to another, meaning all your kills must be earned by yourself to gain your next reward.

There are a few other things I'd like to see, but the above are the major changes I'd like to see.

COD4 is the best game I've ever played online, but I don't know what it is about this game.

It's a lot of things. The gamers, the classes they use, the maps ... I just get bored playing it easily. It's mad

COD4 is the best game I've ever played online, but I don't know what it is about this game.

It's a lot of things. The gamers, the classes they use, the maps ... I just get bored playing it easily. It's mad

I never owned COD4, but played it a fair bit on the 360 recently when I was at me folks, and I'm not a fan to be honest, it's just so much slower than MW2 in my opinion.

I think the restricted killstreaks are much better on COD4, but the gameplay is not a patch on MW2. There's also the infamous Juggernaut perk to contend with as well.

I never owned COD4, but played it a fair bit on the 360 recently when I was at me folks, and I'm not a fan to be honest, it's just so much slower than MW2 in my opinion.

I think the restricted killstreaks are much better on COD4, but the gameplay is not a patch on MW2. There's also the infamous Juggernaut perk to contend with as well.

I think if you played COD4 in it's 'prime' then you would probably agree.

The killstreak rewards thing on MW2 is a lot better because there's a variety of things to chose from, but the maps and guns IMO are better.

I think if you played COD4 in it's 'prime' then you would probably agree.

The killstreak rewards thing on MW2 is a lot better because there's a variety of things to chose from, but the maps and guns IMO are better.

Possibly.

Crash and Strike are 2 of the worst maps I've played on any shooter, be it FPS or 3PS. As for the guns, they are much of a muchness, a couple are always usually overpowered, but it's Stopping Power that really does me in. Deep Impact was the same in WaW, couldn't stand the Stopping Power and Deep Impact combo.

Commando is bollocks, I put my entire load of bullets into someone and the fucker just runs towards me like Rambo and slashes me. Annoying.

Yes, the lunge is one of the more annoying things about the game, also the cack handed reverse lunge when you've run past each other but yet the other person is still able to dislocate their arm, lunge backwards and stab you in the back.... Genius.

Had a quick session before coming into work this evening, and really enjoyed it.

Managed to call in 2 Chopper Gunners during the sesh, unfortunately both were called in on maps where people can take refuge inside. The first was on my favourite map, Skidrow, where I went 22-1-3, and the second was on Karachi where I went 21-0-2. My killstreaks were UAV, Harrier Strike & Chopper Gunner.

Had a bit of a blast on Karachi with a Marathon Pro, Lightweight, Ninja Pro class, using the Mini Uzi and Akimbo Magnums, (I know, I know, akimbo hypocrite....), throwing knife and smoke. The Akimbo pistols actually speed up your melee attack which is why I used them.

I stuck to my trusty Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, Ninja Pro class for the game on Skiwdrow, equipped with the SCAR-H avec pro pipes, AT4, stuns and the good old claymores. My team managed to secure the building at the back of the map where I normally try and get to, and we just had a ball taking out people trying to oust us. No one was using Scrambler Pro or any free aim launcher on the other side, so it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Why can't every session be like this?

Guest TK-421

I have been reading up and watching videos of quickscoping after finally getting a bit bored of camping and scoping. I have tried my hand at it using the Intervention, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro. It's a nice class, but if you're 1 v 1 and miss the shot you're pretty much dead.

It's been hard learning the technique and improvement is incremental. Accuracy really suffers with quickscoping. I'm trying to move about the map a bit more as I'm using FMJ instead of HBS, and basically I'm trying to become an aggressive sniper and cutting out the camping. Sometimes it's too tempting to just sit there and scope, but without the claymore and HBS it usually leads to death. There has been a lot of death.

I was getting better at it last night, and made some OK scores.

Check this guy out to see how it's done, he's using an Intervention in a FFA match on Terminal and is playing on a 360.

GtRVCoEuhVU

I have been reading up and watching videos of quickscoping after finally getting a bit bored of camping and scoping. I have tried my hand at it using the Intervention, Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power Pro and Ninja Pro. It's a nice class, but if you're 1 v 1 and miss the shot you're pretty much dead.

It's been hard learning the technique and improvement is incremental. Accuracy really suffers with quickscoping. I'm trying to move about the map a bit more as I'm using FMJ instead of HBS, and basically I'm trying to become an aggressive sniper and cutting out the camping. Sometimes it's too tempting to just sit there and scope, but without the claymore and HBS it usually leads to death. There has been a lot of death.

I was getting better at it last night, and made some OK scores.

Check this guy out to see how it's done, he's using an Intervention in a FFA match on Terminal and is playing on a 360.

GtRVCoEuhVU

I've come up against a couple of really good quickscopers in my time, the best was also camping in the same place on Terminal.

I'd imagine it's really hard to master the art of quickscoping, you would need to be a dab hand at sniping first so that rules me out.

The guy in that video is superb, I've been using a sniper rifle a lot more frequently and I'm improving but it is tough at the start. I use the WA2000 with silencer and HBS. I will have to check youtube for some good camping spots.

It's good to try and vary the way you play the game TK, thats why I want to improve my sniping skills, or lack of skills. Plus it can make me a better all round player.

Had a quick session before coming into work this evening, and really enjoyed it.

Managed to call in 2 Chopper Gunners during the sesh, unfortunately both were called in on maps where people can take refuge inside. The first was on my favourite map, Skidrow, where I went 22-1-3, and the second was on Karachi where I went 21-0-2. My killstreaks were UAV, Harrier Strike & Chopper Gunner.

Had a bit of a blast on Karachi with a Marathon Pro, Lightweight, Ninja Pro class, using the Mini Uzi and Akimbo Magnums, (I know, I know, akimbo hypocrite....), throwing knife and smoke. The Akimbo pistols actually speed up your melee attack which is why I used them.

I stuck to my trusty Scavenger Pro, Danger Close Pro, Ninja Pro class for the game on Skiwdrow, equipped with the SCAR-H avec pro pipes, AT4, stuns and the good old claymores. My team managed to secure the building at the back of the map where I normally try and get to, and we just had a ball taking out people trying to oust us. No one was using Scrambler Pro or any free aim launcher on the other side, so it was like shooting fish in a barrel.

Why can't every session be like this?

Good stuff Allan, going by your earlier posts I thought you were going to fuck the game off for a while.

Will you or anyone be on today? Went on yesterday but only had one game, just wasn't in the humour.

Good stuff Allan, going by your earlier posts I thought you were going to fuck the game off for a while.

Will you or anyone be on today? Went on yesterday but only had one game, just wasn't in the humour.

Nah mate, I've just not been playing a lot due to being on nights recently. I finish my stint in the morning, so I will be on tomorrow after our friendly against Grasshoppers.

I had a little 1 hour sesh earlier before work, let's just say that normal service was resumed.

Oh, and Carnival and Strike are now doing a Fuel, they are the only maps that come round on Mercenary TDM...

I remember when this game came out hearing people buying it for the multiplayer only and me there thinking what a bunch of dicks not even touching the single player game. Yet after clocking in a hour or so on the multiplayer i'm fucking hooked! Not a big fan of multiplayer FPS games like Half Life DM/Halo even thou i play the single player versions yet this one i can get really into.

Guest TK-421
I've come up against a couple of really good quickscopers in my time, the best was also camping in the same place on Terminal.

I'd imagine it's really hard to master the art of quickscoping, you would need to be a dab hand at sniping first so that rules me out.

The guy in that video is superb, I've been using a sniper rifle a lot more frequently and I'm improving but it is tough at the start. I use the WA2000 with silencer and HBS. I will have to check youtube for some good camping spots.

It's good to try and vary the way you play the game TK, thats why I want to improve my sniping skills, or lack of skills. Plus it can make me a better all round player.

He's awesome, isn't he? I've watched a couple more of his and am trying to emulate the style. On TDM I now stick to the edge of the map and do laps around the map, pretty common sense but a good tactic for sniping on the move.

I was getting better at it last night. I don't quickscope from long range as it's not accurate enough, like the guy in the video I take a bit more time from long range. It's a fun way of playing the game that's for sure and it's already made me a better player. My K/D has suffered during the learning process but should recover as I improve.

I have turned the sensitivity down to 7 as it suits the technique a bit more as opposed to max sensitivity.

Has anyone heard of a aim bot? A friend of mine was wrongly reported to punk busters(who) by someone in the lobby for using one, apparently Playstation blocked his account while they checked his line, they found nothing but the whole thing freaked him out.

Aimbots are more commonly found on the PC and 360 versions. The hack puts a box around the players at all times, it looks like the boxes you see when using a chopper gunner, AC-130 or predator missile, meaning you know where everyone is and all you have to do is shoot at the box(es) to register hits/kills.

Check out this video to see an aimbot in action. (Apologies for the horrendous music).

NDTRQza_Os4

I see, Cheers Dynamite. What annoyed him was a random person reporting him. Someone who had a bad game and can go to the trouble to get your PS network closed down.

No problem. I reckon that most people who report others are in fact themselves guilty of using hacks/cheats, and get pissed off when they can't cheat their way to a good score.

The thing that is annoying me most at the minute is the blatant use of lag switches, meaning that whomever has the lag switch controls the connectivity that other players have, so they can create lag when in a 1 on 1 situation, so you have little to no chance of gunning them down.

He's awesome, isn't he? I've watched a couple more of his and am trying to emulate the style. On TDM I now stick to the edge of the map and do laps around the map, pretty common sense but a good tactic for sniping on the move.

I was getting better at it last night. I don't quickscope from long range as it's not accurate enough, like the guy in the video I take a bit more time from long range. It's a fun way of playing the game that's for sure and it's already made me a better player. My K/D has suffered during the learning process but should recover as I improve.

I have turned the sensitivity down to 7 as it suits the technique a bit more as opposed to max sensitivity.

Yeah that guy is amazing, makes it look so, so easy.

Your K/D ratio will always suffer when trying out new things, I tried the Marathon/Lightweight/Commando with akimbo for a few games yesterday and will never like that. Not much skill involved in my opinion, plus I think it's bollocks anyway. I'll probably always be a camping type.

I have had to up the sensitivity when i am sniping too, it's tough to get used to too. I take it you use max sensitivity when camping? Also what rifle do you use?

Loads of lag switch cunts and was reading up on this aim bot malarkey too. Some hacks can give you unlimited ammo, UAV all the time and an ability to see through walls. Why fucking bother?

Allan remember that guy we were playing against on Overgrown who had every weapon in the game at his disposal? That fella was coming through walls and the lot too.

Guest TK-421

I have had to up the sensitivity when i am sniping too, it's tough to get used to too. I take it you use max sensitivity when camping? Also what rifle do you use?

Yeah I use max when I'm camping. I always set sensitivity to max on FPS games out of habit. I used the Intervention up to level 36, then the WA2000 and the M21 after level 56. With HBS&Thermal + Claymore, Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro and either Scrambler Pro or Ninja Pro for the third perk.

The M21 was my favourite gun when I was an out and out camper, with the Spas as secondary.

Yeah I use max when I'm camping. I always set sensitivity to max on FPS games out of habit. I used the Intervention up to level 36, then the WA2000 and the M21 after level 56. With HBS&Thermal + Claymore, Bling Pro, Stopping Power Pro and either Scrambler Pro or Ninja Pro for the third perk.

The M21 was my favourite gun when I was an out and out camper, with the Spas as secondary.

I'm trying to complete all the challenges for the WA2000, I just have to get the 40 FMJ kills now. I'm doing ok with the WA2000, so I'm afraid to change. I like Fuel and Wastelands a whole lot better since I started sniping. It's good to be able to mix it up.

Thermal is great too, isn't it? I use the same perks as you have listed apart from Scrambler, think I'll use that and get Scrambler Pro.

Not played for a couple of days, got me old dear and younger brother staying until Wednesday, so I'm planning to be online on Wednesday evening before work if anyone wants to party up.

You never made it on Al, I was on yesterday afternoon but not last night.

I'll be on now for a bit before the match.