You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

TLW Vs RAWK...

Curly

On 27/05/2020 at 15:27, Colonel Bumcunt said:

They have a weird heirarchical vibe, and a creepy approach to female posters.

There is a cultish element to it around Paul Tomkins, for example.  And then a handful of them act like 'football elders' and swap laughable theories on tactics in their own special thread, which might as well be titled "big clever boys and sexy girls only allowed in here".

That bald cunt Kristian Walsh, and other failed semi-pro journo's loiter around every corner, pretending they're not paying attention, but secretly stealing content from other posters to use elsewhere.

It's Tory as fuck. 

I remember a while back, I don't know if he still posts, but there used to be this guy called PhaseOfPlay who was like a u8's coach and the clowns on RAWK used to hang on to his every word in regards to tactics, just because of that, it was hilarious. And then when the Rodgers thing was falling apart, he said something to the effect of "we need a change, get anybody in, heck I'll do it" and some other poster who didn't like him said "pipe down Mike Bassett" and he got all mad. Great read back in the day. 

Also, the Charlie Adam thread where the OP compares him to Pirlo. Fantastic. You don't get that on here, I'll tell you that. 

• Upvote 2

The weird thing is I'd feel more comfortable browsing GOT than RAWK because it'd be wrong to go anywhere else LFC related whereas very occasionally if incredibly bored I'll follow a link from one of you lot from there

Just now, Bruce Spanner said:

Yes, he never fucking stops.

i haven't heard from him for years. he seemed to be everywhere at one time - and people would repost his drivel everywhere. i suppose over this year he's been writing War and Peace describing how we haven't really lost 6 games on the run at home because the stats are misleading and goals don't count? 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

There was another poster on there who was an aspiring writer and used to post small essay type articles about his match day experiences of going round his mates to watch Sky. He would then ask for feedback on his writing style. The trouble was these essays were absolutely shit, they read like a 9 years old stream of consciousness description of a school journey. Everybody was too cowed by the mods to point this out so the poor guy kept putting up his child like drivel week in week out without any feedback. At point he mused about publishing the collection as a book. He's probably still knocking them out. 

This guy?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kings-Last-Stand-Final-Kennys/dp/0957349807

• Upvote 2

Tomkins left quite a while, maybe as far back as 2005/6 (?). He was a mod/ admin on there, and had a stunning hissy fit when he left, deleting all his posts on the flounce out. I think he runs a subscription-only site now and no doubt still suffers from excessive use of parentheses.

I called one of his books 'turgid' in a post on another forum, and got either an email or a PM off him offering to refund me. Wish I'd taken the offer to be honest.

On 01/03/2010 at 16:11, Antynwa said:

I'm utterly convinced that there are teens on there from Hong Kong pretending to be some arl arse 50 Year Old, former dock worker, life long season ticket holder.

And then you've got the rest who remind me of that Mitchell and Webb sketch about F* Ball.

He’s in his 60’s and posts none stop on here now 

16 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

There was another poster on there who was an aspiring writer and used to post small essay type articles about his match day experiences of going round his mates to watch Sky. He would then ask for feedback on his writing style. The trouble was these essays were absolutely shit, they read like a 9 years old stream of consciousness description of a school journey. Everybody was too cowed by the mods to point this out so the poor guy kept putting up his child like drivel week in week out without any feedback. At point he mused about publishing the collection as a book. He's probably still knocking them out. 

Xerxes?

17 hours ago, Charles Penrose said:

I always find it hilarious that one of their boring wankers posts something and then gets a series of replies about having written a ‘stunning piece’ or similar. It’s a message board you wanker, not a Renoir painting. 

Fantastic post