You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I threw a brekkie together this morning round and the house of the woman I’ve started seeing. She’s veggie and I’m just going to say it, I might now prefer veggie sausages to meat ones. 

interestingly, she added chillie jam to her plate too.

overall, not bad.

6401232B-DEBF-4157-ADC4-DD3DC14E9B21.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I threw a brekkie together this morning round and the house of the woman I’ve started seeing. She’s veggie and I’m just going to say it, I might now prefer veggie sausages to meat ones. 

overall, not bad.

You knew that would be a neg. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

overall, not bad.

You weren’t lying about throwing it mate. Them eggs have definitely been launched at the wall before being served. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

You knew that would be a neg. 

I understand that, but - for a breakfast - I think I do. Those Richmond veggie sausages are delicious.

I can’t see me opting for them on a bbq but with breakfast? Yes.

6 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

overall, not bad.

A greasy breakfast is ok, but a greasy coffee?

Richmond are entry level Veg sausages to be fair, try the Cauldron range and if you're flush, try the Beyond range.

I've eaten meat all me life up until the last the last 6-7 years, and the current Veg sausages and burgers equivalents, piss all over the meat ones.  You're a fool to be noshing down on cows and pigs, arses, lips and ears these days, there are far better and tastier, options out there. 

22 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

Richmond are entry level Veg sausages to be fair, try the Cauldron range and if you're flush, try the Beyond range.

I've eaten meat all me life up until the last the last 6-7 years, and the current Veg sausages and burgers equivalents, piss all over the meat ones.  You're a fool to be noshing down on cows and pigs, arses, lips and ears these days, there are far better and tastier, options out there. 

Richmond have played a blinder. They've managed to take the disappointment and self loathing one feels when eating a Richmond sausage and make it a meat free experience. 

Speaking of Beyond, their new streaky bacon is brilliant

• Upvote 1

So is anyone else out there a fan of middle bacon? I love it, but aside from so odd place, I've not seen it in mainstream butchers or supermarkets for years, probably decades. I went in Tesco on Friday and they had some, so I was all in and I've eaten it each morning since. The stuff they have in is rind on too, so I've cooked with the rind on and taken the rind off and cooked it up separately, so it's crispy and almost pork scratching like (but better imo). With that and this new Guinness , I might be hitting Tesco more often. 

I'll be back next weekend and make a fry up out of it. 

59 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

So is anyone else out there a fan of middle bacon? I love it, but aside from so odd place, I've not seen it in mainstream butchers or supermarkets for years, probably decades. I went in Tesco on Friday and they had some, so I was all in and I've eaten it each morning since. The stuff they have in is rind on too, so I've cooked with the rind on and taken the rind off and cooked it up separately, so it's crispy and almost pork scratching like (but better imo). With that and this new Guinness , I might be hitting Tesco more often. 

Why wouldn’t you be a fan of middle bacon? It’s how bacon rashers should be.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Why wouldn’t you be a fan of middle bacon? It’s how bacon rashers should be.

Well if it was that popular, it'd be everywhere! 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

There are people on this forum who prefer unsmoked bacon to smoked bacon. 

You can stick your kippers flavoured bacon up your arse. 

6 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What is this new Guinness of which you speak?