You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

• 2 weeks later...

Home made Shatsuka for breakfast this morning. 

then just had a brunch stack at a little cafe in chapel Allerton for lunch before we head to the library for an hour, but it’s off the breakfast menu so shoving it in here.

2x sourdough toast (very good)

halloumi

poached egg (fabulous but needed a second)

sage mushrooms

wilted spinach

grilled tomato

£7.95 plus extra for the coffee.

Very good. 

BC4795D8-F14C-442A-8A62-129D08074EF6.jpeg

15DA693F-1F88-405A-AC07-2D7CD5862F87.jpeg

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Home made Shatsuka for breakfast this morning. 

then just had a brunch stack at a little cafe in chapel Allerton for lunch before we head to the library for an hour, but it’s off the breakfast menu so shoving it in here.

2x sourdough toast (very good)

halloumi

poached egg (fabulous but needed a second)

sage mushrooms

wilted spinach

grilled tomato

£7.95 plus extra for the coffee.

Very good. 

BC4795D8-F14C-442A-8A62-129D08074EF6.jpeg

15DA693F-1F88-405A-AC07-2D7CD5862F87.jpeg

I made shakshouka and posted it on here a while back (maybe the foodie thread) it was fit. 

• Upvote 1

On 13/01/2023 at 16:24, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Tods Cafe (no apostrophe), Mandurah.

24.90 Aud (everything is expensive here - aRdja would love it).

Toast - nicely done  though would probably fail the Lifey test.

Mushrooms - great. No garlic added (take note, Blue Marlin, you pseudos).

Scrambled eggs - perfectly cooked, not rubbery or sloppy like at Crowne Plaza.

Tomato - had more than a quickie with the frying pan. Sweetish in a natural way. Tony and his Ma would be impressed.

Chipolatas - very tasty, albeit small. Actual pork, not fucking chicken!

Hash Brown - they all taste the same. Crispy.

Bacon - the star of the show. Crispy rind but not dried out at all.

I'm saying this breakfast should not be injailnow - 9/10 minus 1 point for cost = 8/10.

Macchiato also good (4.20 Aud)

20230112_104010.thumb.jpg.d4a74ee377f6499ba2429c5d90488e73.jpg

I have never bypassed a town more than I have Mandurah and this is vindication.

Check yourself for Crabs also mate. 

• Haha 1

Bit of a bad morning in ours. Talking to my girl this morning and she broke the bombshell that she’s an anti-beaner. 

she’s been such a genuine source of pride for me for the last 10 years or so, and yesterday she got a special mention from her coach on the football whatsapp for her performance in yesterdays match, but now, for the first time I know how it feels for those other parents whose kids aren’t perfect.

anyway, didn’t have sausage or black pudding in, so settled for this bit of breakkie.

4553251E-5D7A-40E8-814C-704A8F654AC8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Bit of a bad morning in ours. Talking to my girl this morning and she broke the bombshell that she’s an anti-beaner. 

she’s been such a genuine source of pride for me for the last 10 years or so, and yesterday she got a special mention from her coach on the football whatsapp for her performance in yesterdays match, but now, for the first time I know how it feels for those other parents whose kids aren’t perfect.

anyway, didn’t have sausage or black pudding in, so settled for this bit of breakkie.

Now I love beans as much as the next guy, but beans with avocado???

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Scrambled eggs look good, shame you ruined yours by letting bin juice touch them

2 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Now I love beans as much as the next guy, but beans with avocado???

I had half an avocado in the fridge and wouldn’t be eating it elsewhere today, so chucked it on.

the avo and the beans did not meet, but the avo did very much meet its friends the tomato, the bacon and the toast.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

She knows the score. 

• Upvote 1