You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

You know about it's about money. I know it's about money.

We know what has caused it & Xabi has discissued it in the Spanish media.

The problem is people would then have to discuss it rationally & sensibly, without trying to emotionally apportion blame.

I know it's not about money, so don't tell me what I do and don't know.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know about it's about money. I know it's about money.

We know what has caused it & Xabi has discissued it in the Spanish media.

The problem is people would then have to discuss it rationally & sensibly, without trying to emotionally apportion blame.

I sometimes wonder whether you have got a payslip lodged between your brain. Not everyone is motivated by money.

I sometimes wonder whether you have got a payslip lodged between your brain. Not everyone is motivated by money.

Most of the time, most people are even if they invent some spurious reason as they consider it impolite to admit it (ie/ Tevez won't join us as we'r Manc rivals but he will join Citeh....)

This time Xabi has admitted he would be "stupid" if he wasn't but still some people take this as him engaging in some sort of bizarre self-hatred......

To celebrate 200 pages of rational, informative and in no way tedious debate, I give you Nixon:

Bender: But being a head is great, right?

Nixon: No son, it’s sad and lonely life

Bender: Oh, great. Now you tell me

Nixon: That’s my style; I like to kick ‘em when they’re down.

Morbo: If you saw candy in the hands of a small infant, would you seize and consume it?

Jack: Unthinkable.

John: I wouldn’t think of it.

Morbo: How ‘bout you Nixon, I remind you, that you’re under a truthoscope.

Nixon: urm, err. The question is vague. It doesn’t see what type of candy, or if anyone is watching. At any rate I certainly wouldn’t harm the child.

*Truthoscope goes off, signalling lie*

Nixon: Look here you drugged up communist, I paid for this body and I’d no sooner return it than I would my little cockerspanual, checkers.

Checkers barks

Nixon: Shut up, damn it!

Nixon: Listen here missy. Computers may be twice as fast as they were in 1973 but your average voter is still as drunken and stupid as ever. The only one that has changed is me; I’ve become bitter and , let’s face it, crazy over the years. And once I’m swept into office, I’ll sell our children’s organs to Zoo’s for meat and go into people’s houses at night and wreck up the place!

I know what you are saying, but as I've been saying for over a week now, Real are also telling his agent that Xabi isn't doing enough to push for a move. He's a very laidback character is Xabi - not much bothers him, and he seems happy to leave it to the clubs. Which rather - finally - nails the myth that has been peddled on here since last summer that he is desperate to leave and despises Rafa. I'd love to know by the way where this myth come from; as my hunch is that it goes back to Bascombe drip-feeding (some ultimately exaggerated) info to some of his associates who post on here, and it's ballooned from there.

Fair enough, I just think if he stays that you wont see the Xabi of last season, next season but I dont expect to change the veiws of the Xabi hardcoreites and i dont class you as one of them. I think some people are so consumed with thier passion for Xabi its hard for them to take a step back and look at the situarion objectively, just my opinion.

Madrid want quick Alonso resolution

Tue 07 Jul, 09:20 AM

Real Madrid are believed to want any move for Liverpool's Xabi Alonso sorted out in the next fortnight.

The Spanish giants, who have yet to make an official bid for the midfielder, have set a time limit on their interest, according to sources close to the Bernabeu club.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez, having tied one midfielder, Yossi Benayoun, to a new two-year contract extension, will now be expected to decide Alonso's future before the player returns for pre-season training on July 19.

That is the day before Liverpool fly to the Far East for games against Thailand and Singapore.

Alonso has been given an extra fortnight's holiday along with his fellow Spain team-mates who have been playing in the Confederations Cup - Fernando Torres, Jose Reina, Alvaro Arbeloa and Albert Riera.

Real Madrid insiders believe that the club's new coach Manuel Pellegrini will want to move on to other holding midfield targets if a deal for Alonso cannot be tied up within two weeks.

Link

OK Perez, here you go:

Fuck off you cunt, we don't want to sell him.

Seriously though, fuck off.

Best regards

RoboRiise.

I think he will go to Madrid and don't believe anything in the press from Valdano. I think the player has decided to go and I don't want him to stay under those conditions. I'd rather Rafa use the money to improve our attack and find a good young player like Miguel Veloso or Moutinho for Xabi's role. This saga is just like the Barry thing last year, and hopefully it will reach a conclusion that's best for all parties in the end.

I think he will go to Madrid and don't believe anything in the press from Valdano. I think the player has decided to go and I don't want him to stay under those conditions. I'd rather Rafa use the money to improve our attack and find a good young player like Miguel Veloso or Moutinho for Xabi's role. This saga is just like the Barry thing last year, and hopefully it will reach a conclusion that's best for all parties in the end.

If they want him they'll pay what we ask, if they don't stump up, he stays, and if he does stay I'd like to think he'd be professional enough to give his all for us.

The arrogance of Real Madrid is unbelievable!

Well done to Rafa for not bending to them. They are most certainly past masters at playing the transfer process, unsettling players then manipulating clubs into selling on RM's terms. (as evidenced by the fact that they have now reamed Fergie for two of his stars)

Hold the line Rafa, remember the 3 card trick they pulled on us with Owen, the winger and Morientes.

I think the player has decided to go and I don't want him to stay under those conditions.

Why do you think that? I've only read one thing from him and that was a week or two back when he said he'd be happy doing either. (in so many words, I'm not quoting him exactly I know.) To be honest I don't think he's really that bothered. He might've thought his time was up and would be glad to go back home, but after being here for years he might realise that leaving next year after giving it one more chance for the title might be the best thing.

After all Ladyboy has gone, and if we manage to actually improve the side we're really in with a good chance this time around.

And the Independant says :

Valdano gave the strongest indication yet that Real will not be prepared to meet Liverpool's valuation for Alonso. He said: "Alonso is our priority, if he fits with our budget, and this does not seem to be the case. We are very far away from Liverpool's figures." ---

Very far away from 35mil? What a joke that is. They don't have enough respect for how good he is.

I think the problem is Madrid reckon they can get him for a lot less than 35 million.

I know he has had a great season but does it justify the doubling of his transfer fee. We are right to take the hardline on this one, he has three years left on his contract and if they want him they will have to pay over the odds, end of story.

They're OK paying over the odds for every other player they've gotten or bid for this season but when it comes to Liverpool people want a better deal. Fuck off he was one of if not the best players of the season and would be worth more if we'd won the league. I'm tired of getting cheated out of good money for players. Stay strong Rafa.

Alonso should seriously ask himself why does he want to go because -"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" (Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club).

Have you not read any of this thread? Alonso doesn't want to leave because he thinks Real Madrid are a better club.

Alonso should seriously ask himself why does he want to go because -"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" (Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club).

Madrid are.

Carragher's response, as he has subsequently admitted, is that to *him* nobody is bigger, plus he was getting teh arse with certain other players being linked with moves away from the club.