You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Seems like... I threw a neg on him as well. I was expecting more damage than his continued 'green' status.

On the brink, I negged him and his green reduced

He's moving into the house that was set aside for Zinedine Zidane isn't he?

Is he? I can understand that. You need someone the equal of Zidane's stature to be worthy of a house like that.

Seems like... I threw a neg on him as well. I was expecting more damage than his continued 'green' status.

On the brink, I negged him and his green reduced

Hehe, I just took 3 bars off him.

Down to 3

Aw, you guys ...

*sniff*

I'm very proud.

Surely if we were that desperate for him we would have? Especially after what benitez was saying about 'paying the premium' with regards to johnson and him being english.

What came first, the hen or the egg?

I just bumped him up to max green. Fuckin neggers. He doesn't post much. He lurks, mainly. You shouldn't pick on him.

Hahaha! I thought it was a bit mean too, but didn't think anyone could max him back to green in one go.

edit : actually, how the fuck did you do that in one go? Are you a mod and you just put his rep back or something?

Hahaha! I thought it was a bit mean too, but didn't think anyone could max him back to green in one go.

edit : actually, how the fuck did you do that in one go? Are you a mod and you just put his rep back or something?

It wasn't in one go. Some other people got in first. And we were only having some fun. There's more sympathy reppers than there are lynch mobsters. It always works out ok in the end for good posters.

It wasn't in one go. Some other people got in first. And we were only having some fun. There's more sympathy reppers than there are lynch mobsters. It always works out ok in the end for good posters.

Cool, yeah I've thought that was the case in the past too.

Johnson cost more than £11M. Even if we factor in the likelihood that part of the fee will be based on appearances and trophies won, I would be very surprised if that accounted for more than £3M or the £18M fee. My best guess is the deal will 15+3 add ons (and obviously the outstanding balance on Crouch reduces the 15).

I'm not sure we have a definitive word on the £20M + sales either. Lots of people seem to think it is about this, but ask a question like 'Is the Robbie Keane money on top of this too?' and the answers come back varied.

In short, we really don't know what we have. I suspect we have enough for one more signing (as per what Rafa said). I hope that means we have enough for a good signing, such as Silva. Then if we have to do a sale or two we don't want to (Xabi and/or Masch) then spending will go up accordingly.

My best guess on the window's activity:

Johnson and Silva in.

Xabi sold. (This likely leads to Negredo plus cash coming in, and I'm not sure who Rafa will sign for the midfield).

Mascherano stays on a new contact.

I would have to agree with that it wouldnt be a bad seasons work i know we dont want Alonso to go but if he wants to go to Spain then we have to let him go especially for the type of fees being looked at last summer we could have lost him for £15m and now he is worth twice that

We saw last season that Beneyoun can fill in for Gerrard so we have the peices already in the squad to cope with the loss

Adding players like Silva and Negrado to Johnson means the squad is much better but i think Raffa will use the time between now and when the 20% sell on clause comes into play to try to off load Voronin, Babel and Arbeloa so that he can bring in the players without selling Alonso but if the player says he wants to go then he will go and a Midfield replacement might be looked for with the cash

As for the 17m we paid for Johnson we only pay £5m now and £5m next season we have brought in £4.2m of that already so Rafa should still have his budget intact for the signing of another player (Silva) but its all If's and Maybe's at the moment I just cant wait for the window to close and the footy to start