You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

Tim Vincken is teh sheet! I'd say his almost as good as Ryan Babel. Not cause of his rapidness but for his ability to change direction while running very fast. and as I said before he works up the heat like a hungry crack whore at a Sibirian military camp. His work ethos is just superb. He creates chances for teamm8s like fuck. :thumbup:8)

Some Trivia:

* Vincken raps in a freakin awesome band called Klap de hoer. One of there's songs is about him moving to England. The lyrics is a bit raw so I want translate it for you, but if you dare you could use Google translate. It makes an interesting read: "een dag dat ik je in Engeland, voetballen onder de beste, scoren vrij en scouting de havens voor een mooi meisje. Ik zou zeggen tegen haar: kom hier kleine slet en zuig mijn lul. Je weet dat je het wilt. Dirty dieplepel. Fuck you. Ik ben een groot voetballer. Suck it, trut! goede tijden zijn voor mij ..." :yes:

* Vincken is one of few professional footballers that openly admits to smoking cannabis. It is legal here in Holland. That's also why he's never been selected for da nationals. Rough internationals laws and all that. Vincken could be caught. Wouldnt want that. :yes:

* Vincken is still the only player under 19 years that has been sent off 4 times in one season in Eredvisie. 3 of the times for telling the ref how it is. Once for spitting an opponent in his face (the opponent was a rascist!). :yes:

£10 M would be a fuckin ace deal for Liverpool!!!!!11 :drool::drool::drool:

Fukk U BITCH!!!1 :telloff::telloff::telloff:(6)

Negged.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repped.

I was busy looking through the forum to see which thread i will read next, then I see that Agent Provocateur has made a post in the transfer speculation thread. Surely this is some form of breaking news? Perhaps we are signing Silva, or Tevez, or Sneijder, or VDV I thought. My mind overflows with possibilities. I then click into the thread and become very disillusioned. He is not the man I thought him to be, he has let me down.

It's almost like a certain ferrari driving cuntface wants a new job down the road, and is giving them our transfer targets.

.....just the thought of that has really fucking wound me up. If there's any truth in that at all I hope he gets some karma back really fucking fast.

All of a sudden I'm starting to look at Man City in a completely different way, it's not good either. Saying that though, if they were trying to do that to a team that finished 2nd last season and not 3rd or 4th, it'd be their own thick fucking faults. That's just so insane I can't believe it, and even if true it's kind of a comical thing to do for a club with so much money.

Why does anybody want Glen Johnson? It's beyond me, it really is. There's a reason he's at Portsmouth (he's not very good) and in the England team (practically by default). Man City can have him as far as I'm concerned...

1) He's English

2) Not many good right backs around

3) He's obviously ok in the league seeing as he's been playing here for a couple of years now and he's big, fast and strong, and that would help in any defence. Also seems to be an alright crosser of the ball.

4) Look at how much was spent on Bosingwa(16 million), Arbeloa was a bargain buy by Rafa, Johnson isn't that over-priced. How much do you think a top right back like Maicon would fetch? 25-30 million?

Having said that, I don't think we should be in for him, we have Darby and Arbeloa (Degen might actually manage to stay fit next season as well), so we don't really need another right back.

And he didn't end up at Portsmouth because of a lack of ability, he was a young player who wasn't getting games at Chelsea, he basically did the same thing Crouch did and moved to get more playing time.

1) He's English

2) Not many good right backs around

3) He's obviously ok in the league and he's big, fast and strong.

4) Look at how much was spent on Bosingwa(16 million), Arbeloa was a bargain buy by Rafa, he isn't that over-priced.

Having said that, I don't think we should be in for him, we have Darby and Arbeloa(Degen might actually stay fit as well), and we don't really need another right back.

And he didn't end up at Portsmouth because of a lack of ability, he was a young player who wasn't getting games at Chelsea, he basically did the same thing Crouch did and moved to get more playing time.

He simply wasn't good enough for Chelsea. Granted he was young, and I understand the English factor and the dearth of talent in his position, but he isn't good enough for us, in my opinion, and the prices quoted are ridiculous. He's decent going forward and questionable at the back; no more than that.

He simply wasn't good enough for Chelsea. Granted he was young, and I understand the English factor and the dearth of talent in his position, but he isn't good enough for us, in my opinion, and the prices quoted are ridiculous. He's decent going forward and questionable at the back; no more than that.

What puzzles me more is the lack of understanding by some of how the football market has worked for over a decade. Players are not on some shelf with a set price tag. If there's demand (presumed or otherwise) for someone their price soars.

According to the Times, which followed a similar story for Johnson, he was close to agreeing terms with Liverpool.

I think this is a bit different than Barry, for starters he hasn't burned his bridges with Portsmouth like Barry did.

Graham Hunter on Irish radio this morning dropped another couple of hints:

1. Vidic's wife wants to move to a warmer climate. Apparently Barca have been tapping him up and he is open to the move.

2. Evra is on the Madrid shopping list.

I realise you have to take what Hunter says with a pinch of salt but its interesting news.

What puzzles me more is the lack of understanding by some of how the football market has worked for over a decade. Players are not on some shelf with a set price tag. If there's demand (presumed or otherwise) for someone their price soars.

I appreciate your grasp of the "laws" of the market, Milton. But you're telling me it's not possible to find a better player for the kind of money in question? 18 million pounds can't find a decent defender? The English requirements can be met elsewhere, given that fullbacks are not available, affordable, or good enough...

Graham Hunter on Irish radio this morning dropped another couple of hints:

1. Vidic's wife wants to move to a warmer climate. Apparently Barca have been tapping him up and he is open to the move.

2. Evra is on the Madrid shopping list.

I realise you have to take what Hunter says with a pinch of salt but its interesting news.

I like Graham Hunter but he does know the square root of fuck all.

I appreciate your grasp of the "laws" of the market, Milton. But you're telling me it's not possible to find a better player for the kind of money in question? 18 million pounds can't find a decent defender? The English requirements can be met elsewhere, given that fullbacks are not available, affordable, or good enough...

Who, Stalin?

Are you looking for a defender or an overlapping/attacking right back?