You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

100 Million (Dollars)

YNWA

Even if it were true, that Hicks were coughing up £50m to spend on players, I wouldn't like it. It would only mean that the club would be put in even more debt. Hicks doesn't have that kind of money. He doesn't even manage to re-finance to buy out Gillett. Him giving Rafa £50m would be our answer to Leeds.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said to Chris like a week ago, "They will attempt to buy favour with a big transfer budget; It will work with most of the support as well".

I still hold this as true because too many morons won't question where the funds come from...

My tactic is "head in sand" so I'll be happy with a sense of unease because I know we can't afford it.

Guest PaddyBerger15

I just want us to sign somebody with an ace name, like Ludovic. Possibly Ludovic Windsmear. Ludovic Windsmear of Lithuania. Ludovic Windsmear, the Lithuanian Fernando Torres. Thats all.

Torres 20.2m

Jossi 6m

Babel 11.5m

Lucas 6.75m

Letto 2.5m

plus all the youngsters would have brought are spending to over 50m last year

and the new TV money didnt kick in till this window

You forgot Mascherano & Skrtel - another £24m!

Won't get £50m but will get more than most seem to think.

Most likely to get £20m plus money made from sales, which could be another £20-£30m depending on who we sell. I'd get rid of about 15!

I just want us to sign somebody with an ace name, like Ludovic. Possibly Ludovic Windsmear. Ludovic Windsmear of Lithuania. Ludovic Windsmear, the Lithuanian Fernando Torres. Thats all.

Not enough vowels. Hows about Euraerio Al-Araaronourioue?

Winger.

Does 100 yards in 18 seconds flat.

All Im saying is rafa sounded pretty happy after his meeting with hicks and gillett when they discussed transfers. Which would lead me to belive that they have backed him suficiently to what he thinks he needs. Remember last time he came out with the "im focused on coaching and training my team" whereas this time he seems pleased. I reckon at least £30m has been given by them, add to that what we make from player sales.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

If LFC spend over £25 million net this summer without changing hands I will wave my willy on the Pier Head

Also without changing hands

All Im saying is rafa sounded pretty happy after his meeting with hicks and gillett when they discussed transfers. Which would lead me to belive that they have backed him suficiently to what he thinks he needs. Remember last time he came out with the "im focused on coaching and training my team" whereas this time he seems pleased. I reckon at least £30m has been given by them, add to that what we make from player sales.

I'd blow the 30 on one player or buy two for the same value. Fuck buying squad men in we need starters, we need to keep a settled team and we need to fly out the blocks next season.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Witnessed and Saved. I hope it's not cold that day/night/whenever, Sauze.

You know what the chances of me being wrong are somewhere between 0 and-1

You know what the chances of me being wrong are somewhere between 0 and-1

Logically, we absolutely must spend more than £25m net without changing hands. They can't afford to follow up this ridiculous season's bickering with a weak summer.

It's the American way to buy favour and they are going to try to buy it.

Even if it were true, that Hicks were coughing up £50m to spend on players, I wouldn't like it. It would only mean that the club would be put in even more debt. Hicks doesn't have that kind of money. He doesn't even manage to re-finance to buy out Gillett. Him giving Rafa £50m would be our answer to Leeds.

They wouldn't get any more debt, so they would have to put in more equity.

I wouldn't care if we'd found it up a beanstalk to be honest.

The idea above is plausible (well, not the beanstalk obviously*) as is the idea that it's creative spin i.e. complete bullshit.

If we actually had what's suggested, a fresh, new and unsoiled £50m with no interest payments attached, just a straightforward personal investment from our magnificently benign owners then I would be delighted. Not with them obviously, I'd still think they were a pair of carpetbagging fuckholes but at least I might think they'd begun to grasp what they have (or haven't yet) invested in.

No offence to the original poster intended, it just seems so implausible that either of them have gone all Daddy Warbucks on us, unless this money has come from a third party (surely unlikely given that the third party in question apparently have no official, recognised link to the club at this time) or another damn loan. Or the last damn loan.

*Although...