You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce fucking Springsteen

MLB

On 10/05/2023 at 14:56, Fallen Angel said:

Can’t stand the fella - not written a single track I’d wanna hear again, with the exception of Because the Night which was largely Patti Smith. His own stuff is radio-friendly lowest common denominator banality; his live shows a 3+ hour wankathon. 

It’s takes a special skill to talk so much bollocks in just two sentences. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Definitely feels like a goodbye this tour. The rendition of Backstreets is summit else. Be absolutely gutted if the show in San Francisco in December is the last E street show.

Nah, he's been recording on this tour. He'll be back next year I reckon but playing the new album and hopefully a few more from the river. 

I've been again tonight in Amsterdam. Absolutely brilliant again. The show does drift in the middle but I think it's kind of deliberate to let you have a piss and stock up on booze. 

On 25/05/2023 at 23:15, Barrington Womble said:

Nah, he's been recording on this tour. He'll be back next year I reckon but playing the new album and hopefully a few more from the river. 

I've been again tonight in Amsterdam. Absolutely brilliant again. The show does drift in the middle but I think it's kind of deliberate to let you have a piss and stock up on booze. 

Someone stalking his hotel said they've seen a poster design for the tour next year - basically carrying on this one after a winter rest. Including Manchester.

Might be bullshit, but the Boss seems to be loving touring. 

On 25/05/2023 at 23:15, Barrington Womble said:

I was in the pit for the second night. Exhausting but worth it. Not sure I've got the legs to do it again - including travelling, you're basically on your feet for ten hours. 

IMG-20230528-WA0007.jpg

29 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Someone stalking his hotel said they've seen a poster design for the tour next year - basically carrying on this one after a winter rest. Including Manchester.

I was hoping he'd play anfield. Surely we're back staging big concerts next year. But it wouldn't surprise me if they're back, in fact I expect it. It'll be interesting to see if they add Australia, NZ and SA for our winter, they seemed to love the last tours there. I'm assuming they're waiting to see how much the band wants it at their age and having done a year on the road. They all look like they're loving it on stage though. 

27 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I was in the pit for the second night. Exhausting but worth it. Not sure I've got the legs to do it again - including travelling, you're basically on your feet for ten hours. 

IMG-20230528-WA0007.jpg

I didn't go too far forward to be honest, I was happy near the bar and I can't be doing with kitty's back and Nightshift, so I knew i had time for a good toilet break (which was some hike from that golden circle!) Despite the undoubted benefit of that back to back combination, I do miss the variety in the show and not really knowing what comes next. 

Dad was at Murrayfield last night. 

His feedback was it sagged in the middle to the point it was boring but the last 45 / 60 mins were great. 

Although he mostly enjoyed it, they were so polished in their performance it lacked the excitement of other bands he’s seen. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/05/2023 at 11:39, johnsusername said:

David sancious suggesting the tour next year might be to support another soul album (maybe even without the e street band?). Which would suck balls. 

https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/stories/bruce-springsteen-reportedly-working-on-a-second-album-of-soul-covers/

24 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Wouldn’t be against a rock/folk/country album of covers.

All my mates are going tomorrow, bit gutted. Especially as a few off Born in the USA got thrown into the mix last time.

The encore from Edinburgh, if played tomorrow night would make my year! 

Greetings from Villa Park. 

Filling up gently. The fact the place isn't that big by modern stadium standards, might be to the gigs benefit.

The stage isnt dwarfed by the surroundings,  traffic was light, no delays and got parked easily.  Ten minutes walk and straight in.

Once again, many thanks to the villain who sorted us out with presale tickets.20230616_171553.jpg

• Upvote 2