You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bruce fucking Springsteen

MLB

On 23/07/2022 at 13:38, an tha said:

Prices have gone into the thousands in America - no stadiums being played there just arenas.

The stadium tour is following the European tour the dates haven't been announced yet. Which I assume means they want to sell as many platinum tickets for the arenas as they can before bringing the big venues in. 

I e just seen this this morning  Jon Landau defending the platinum ticket pricing. What a shithouse truck using whataboutery to defend their actions. It's just money grabbing. Bruce goes down in my estimation for this. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteens-manager-responds-to-criticism-about-ticket-prices-3277963

I also went online on AXS last night to buy tickets for Atlanta. It redirected me to a site called veritix. It was only after buying I realised it was a resale site. I didn't look where there tickets were - I was glad to get anywhere. But they're actually behind the fucking stage. What the fuck is that about? 

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I e just seen this this morning  Jon Landau defending the platinum ticket pricing. What a shithouse truck using whataboutery to defend their actions. It's just money grabbing. Bruce goes down in my estimation for this. 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/bruce-springsteens-manager-responds-to-criticism-about-ticket-prices-3277963

I also went online on AXS last night to buy tickets for Atlanta. It redirected me to a site called veritix. It was only after buying I realised it was a resale site. I didn't look where there tickets were - I was glad to get anywhere. But they're actually behind the fucking stage. What the fuck is that about? 

You're on triangle, mate.

I'm a long time fan. Seen him live plenty of times. Have a ticket for Amsterdam next year. But this has been an utter cluster fuck. I never ever though the Boss would go down in my estimation, but he's sinking fast here.

The whole ticketing system is - like seemingly everything else in the 21st century - just a method to squeeze as much money as possible out of ordinary people into the pockets of shareholders. I just never thought Bruce would be one of those involved in the squeezing - as one commentator said, he's not totally to blame but it's his name on the  ticket. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2022/07/bruce-springsteen-does-not-care-about-you-opinion.html

Bruce Springsteen does not care about you | Opinion

"...the divide between supporters will continue to grow, as some fans will accept that the unparalleled E Street Band live experience is no longer meant for them, while others will continue to act under the delusion that an artist living on his sprawling Colts Neck horse farm somehow remains a populist rocker with their interests at heart — truly his most brilliant disguise."

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I’m a little underwhelmed. Since 2012’s Wrecking ball he’s only released High hopes (a collection of re-worked and older songs) Western stars & A letter to you (a few re-worked songs on that too) 

There’s a part two on the way in the new year. Beggars can’t be choosers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2022 at 20:02, The Midnight Rambler said:

image.gif

Yeah, I'd been hoping for new material ahead of the tour. As good as I'm sure it'll be, I hope it doesn't dominate next year's tour. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Booked hotel 8 minutes from Villa Park, can’t fucking wait. 

Which one are you in? I've got to get something boxed off. 

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I'd been hoping for new material ahead of the tour. As good as I'm sure it'll be, I hope it doesn't dominate next year's tour. 

I’ll check with me Mam, she’s sorted it all and paid for the tickets up front. 

There’s 6 of us going, me and the missus, me brother and and his bff and me Mam and her husband. 

My brother told his fiancé she didn’t even know who Bruce Springsteen was and to fuck off, he was taking his best man. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/07/2022 at 09:42, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe they want you to run the backstage team. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Booked hotel 8 minutes from Villa Park, can’t fucking wait. 

Have they jacked their prices up as well?  I found this part much more annoying then paying slightly over a hundred quid to see a complete legend in the flesh.

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Have they jacked their prices up as well?  I found this part much more annoying then paying slightly over a hundred quid to see a complete legend in the flesh.

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

We’re staying at the Premier Inn in Aston, £76 per room. Just checked online but they’re full now. 

• 2 weeks later...