You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Went to my local meat wholesaler. He forgot to order the chicken thighs in but said "here try these wings". I took a bag, took them home, and put ASDA BBQ marinade on them (£1 a bottle) and they are JUST as nice as frankie and bennys BBQ wings, obviously at a fraction of the price. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they were the same wings they used, or even the same sauce, they're that good.

BBQ Wings for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the ROTOQ household for the foreseeable.

In the boozer after work yesterday, sat near a table of 4 20 something lads. Anyway, me and our kidder ended up getting into a round with them and deliberately got onto the Old Rosie and Black Dragon.

Was great to see the effect it had on those daft young scamps, their ring leader was laid out flat in the beer garden, covered in his own vomit and soaked in his own piss, two of the others could not be roused, head down at the table, puke streaming from table to floor. The landlord was less than impressed, but hey, fuck all to do with us mate. Bar the daft twats out for all I care.

Me and our kid finished up leisurely before striding manfully over to the next pub, where I'd been barred from less than 3 weeks ago.

Aha, the foibles of youth.

• Upvote 3

In the boozer after work yesterday, sat near a table of 4 20 something lads. Anyway, me and our kidder ended up getting into a round with them and deliberately got onto the Old Rosie and Black Dragon.

Was great to see the effect it had on those daft young scamps, their ring leader was laid out flat in the beer garden, covered in his own vomit and soaked in his own piss, two of the others could not be roused, head down at the table, puke streaming from table to floor. The landlord was less than impressed, but hey, fuck all to do with us mate. Bar the daft twats out for all I care.

Me and our kid finished up leisurely before striding manfully over to the next pub, where I'd been barred from less than 3 weeks ago.

Aha, the foibles of youth.

Old Rosie = Repped.

I don't believe you, prove it, I'll PM you my address and you can post me a couple of dozen to try out.

You'd miss out on the straight from the oven bit though.

To make 18

Mix together

100g soft butter and 90g dark brown sugar.

Add 2 tablespoons black treacle.

Measure into a bowl 205g plain flour, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 teasp ginger, 1 teasp cinnamon, 1/2 teasp nutmeg and in a separate cup mix 1 teasp bicarb soda with 11/2 teasp boiling water.

Add half the flour mixture and half the bicarb to the butter and sugar. Mix together and then add the other halves and 100g plain chocolate chunks.

Once mixed together put it in the fridge to stiffen up a bit.

Then make into small balls, flatten slightly and dip the top in granulated sugar and place on greased trays and cook in the oven Gas 3 / 150C fan oven for 10-12 min.

Eat

The last part I can manage.

Recipies ?! Jesus...

As lifey keeps saying, men are logical and thats all a good recipe should be...a set of instructions.

I await the PM

Cornish Rattler is a funny one. Though not quite as strong at 6%, I find it makes me disproportionately drunk compared to stronger drinks. 4 pints of 8.5% Belgian Ale, or Old Rosie and I am starting to get merry, 4 pints of Rattler and I am obliterated.