You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Small pleasures?

Section_31

Yesterday afternoon I went out for my regular bike ride, 20 mile off road loop of canal paths and woodland areas.

After about 5 minutes riding it went dark and the heavens opened and continued for most of the ride, I honestly loved it, nobody around, quiet but for the distant rumbling of thunderstorms and still really warm.

It was worth the telling off when I was traipsing mud and wetness into the house when I got home.

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

People getting caught out by bad weather.

Had to feed the daughter's dog the other day and went out in bright sunshine in a white shirt with  short sleeves. 

While I was walking back to the bus station a storm blew in and I got absolutely drenched. People were openly staring at me from under their cagoules, and by the time I got home I was like a contestant in the least alluring wet tee shirt competition in history.

52 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Had to feed the daughter's dog the other day and went out in bright sunshine in a white shirt with  short sleeves. 

While I was walking back to the bus station a storm blew in and I got absolutely drenched. People were openly staring at me from under their cagoules, and by the time I got home I was like a contestant in the least alluring wet tee shirt competition in history.

Would.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone tried those dry herb vapes. I used to smoke weed in my teenage and very early 20s but stopped and was more of a weekend drinker. I'd like to casually smoke it a bit now and then and cut down drinking i dont enjoy drinking in the house and never do, as someone who quit smoking maybe 10 years ago I dont want to smoke spliffs or use anything with tobacco. I've no idea why it's an itch I want to scratch after all this time.

16 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Has anyone tried those dry herb vapes. I used to smoke weed in my teenage and very early 20s but stopped and was more of a weekend drinker. I'd like to casually smoke it a bit now and then and cut down drinking i dont enjoy drinking in the house and never do, as someone who quit smoking maybe 10 years ago I dont want to smoke spliffs or use anything with tobacco. I've no idea why it's an itch I want to scratch after all this time.

@Skidfingers McGonical is into that stuff I think.  

I can speak for the THC vape juice. Absolutely lethal stuff, only takes a couple of tokes and you’re blitzed. 

I’ve been back smoking weed regularly for a year or so now and I’ve had just about enough. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve been happy smoking it in the mornings if the house is empty. It’s a boring and expensive habit and my tolerance to the stuff has gone sky high. 

Said to her last night that I think I’ve reached the end of the line with it again. I’m done getting stoned for the time being, at least until the new series of Curb comes out, then I may partake once a week again.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I can speak for the THC vape juice. Absolutely lethal stuff, only takes a couple of tokes and you’re blitzed. 

I’ve been back smoking weed regularly for a year or so now and I’ve had just about enough. It’s gotten to the point where I’ve been happy smoking it in the mornings if the house is empty. It’s a boring and expensive habit and my tolerance to the stuff has gone sky high. 

Said to her last night that I think I’ve reached the end of the line with it again. I’m done getting stoned for the time being, at least until the new series of Curb comes out, then I may partake once a week again.

Yeah I'm thinking I just want a new gadget really and I'm being daft.

On 10/07/2023 at 08:56, Captain Turdseye said:

I  found the dry herb vapes to be alright, but then I discovered the vape liquid ones.

Out of all the options available, I really favour the thick black oil. Nothing comes close. If you do, don’t go mad with it though. You may end having the most insane monologue and basically tripping balls in the kitchen while making a cup of tea. 

If you don’t like smoking cigs, I can recommend using marshmallow plant as a substitute for tobacco. Makes it more enjoyable than smoking with a bit of bifter. 

I’ve massively reduced my consumption these last 6 months. My habit got quite bad, was doing 1.5-2 grams in a joint 5 times a day.

I had an afternoon of taking 3x 1 grams of cacao & psilocybin infused chocolates about 6 months ago and I had the “little people” tell me that tobacco was the driver in my cravings, which was causing my habit ending up as bad as it was.

Since stopping smoking nicotine on that very day. I’m doing less than 2/3 pure joints (no tobacco, just a bit of marshmallow plant) every 3/4 weeks.

It’s a far more enjoyable experience and it’s like that first time, every time. And the habit of making one as soon as I got home, and then another 4 within a 5 hour period, stopped the day after taking the psilocybin. 

I’d been a weed abuser for about 32 years, masking loads of stuff. But that’s for another thread and another time. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Just used one of those nose hair waxing kits, had no idea how many little hairs were up there. Glorious.

It's magnificent. I had it done a few times in a Turkish barbers. They dip cotton buds in hot wax, put it up your nose, leave it five minutes then rip it out. Looked like two dead tarantulas. And I could breathe properly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Yeah, that's the sort of kit I've got, dip these plastic things in the hot wax, put up nose for a couple of minutes and then yank out dead fast.

Should probably put this in the getting older thread, but that sounds like my dream Saturday night.