You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team v Manure

m0e

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all confident now that Alonso is out. Hamann is a big game player and should do well, but Alonso is a massive miss. It's tempting to bring Gerrard back into the middle to compensate for losing Xabi's range of passing but I don't think Garcia is fit to play so who plays on the right?

Not at all confident now that Alonso is out. Hamann is a big game player and should do well, but Alonso is a massive miss. It's tempting to bring Gerrard back into the middle to compensate for losing Xabi's range of passing but I don't think Garcia is fit to play so who plays on the right?

Think we should give Kromkamp a go.

He's shown good control and an eye for a pass in the short time I've seen him play for us. Has a bit of pace as well.

Kewell is an alternative on the right. Riise and Traoré on the left.

Think we should give Kromkamp a go.

He's shown good control and an eye for a pass in the short time I've seen him play for us. Has a bit of pace as well.

Tend to agree with you there Milan. I'd like to see Krommy (sorry!) given a go, if anything just to give Finnan a bit of a breather.

Didi and Momo will be fine in the centre.Didi will be up for this game and Momo can do all the running for him.

I think Alonso was long overdue a rest anyway.

They have fuck all power in the centre of midfield since Garcia ended Keane's career and sent him to the white and green striped retirement home.

We've got to attack them. 4-5-1 has never beaten them before and it's unlikely to again. They are poor at the back so Cisse and Nando/Crouch up top would be the best way to go. Attacking line up, 4-4-2 with each player in their best position. Simple:

----------Reina

Finn----Sami---Carra----JAR

Luis----Stevie---Didi---Harry

-------Djib-----Nando

Reina

Finnan Carra Sami Riise

Sissoko Alonso

Cisse Gerrard Kewell

Crouch

I'd play that team. It has three mobile and threatening players off Crouch. I don't think we've seen a strike partnership develop this season, and too often Crouch and his partner are not on the same wavelength for knockdowns. So I'd be tempted to go with 3 players behind Crouchy. With three in there I feel there is more chance of us retaining possession high up the pitch, and the threat to Man Utd will come from all angles.

Sissoko and Alonso playing in front of the defence will give us good protection, and if Alonso is fit and has his passing boots on, he will be able to ping it left, right and straight to our attacking players. (If Alonso is not fit then Hamann comes in).

I fancy a Gerrard 20-yarder tomorrow too.

Yep thats exactly the line up I'd go for - Didi for Xabi obviously. Luis 'Fairclough' Garcia ready to come on in second half.

Don't really know what to expect - don't feel particularly confident, and thats when we usually get a result.

Guest antodonners

The game will only be won by the odd goal and Crouch is far more likely to score than Nando.He will also cause more difficulty to there clowns in defence

Yep thats exactly the line up I'd go for - Didi for Xabi obviously. Luis 'Fairclough' Garcia ready to come on in second half.

Don't really know what to expect - don't feel particularly confident, and thats when we usually get a result.

Supersub Garcia should drop the baby celebration and dye his hair ginger.

In honour of Davey.

I'm in the pro-Kromkamp camp. Give Finnan a rest.

Upfront haven't a clue. Crouch, Moro and Djib should settle it with a game of paper, scissors and stone.

Rafa Benitez has made 3 changes to his side for today's Fa Cup 5th Round clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

Pepe Reina is back in goal after serving a 3 match ban for his sending off at Chelsea and Dietmar Hamann and Peter Crouch return in place of cup-tied Robbie Fowler and injured Xabi Alonso.

Liverpool haven't beat Manchester United in the FA Cup for 85 years, but Rafa has played a strong hand in his attempt to change that.

Liverpool, Reina, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Finnan, Gerrard, Hamann, Kewell, Sissoko, Crouch, Morientes. Subs - Dudek, Garcia, Cisse, Traore, Krompkamp.

Manchester United line up as follows:

Van der Sar, Neville, Vidic, Brown, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Richardson, Giggs, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy.

Rafa Benitez has made 3 changes to his side for today's Fa Cup 5th Round clash with Manchester United at Anfield.

Pepe Reina is back in goal after serving a 3 match ban for his sending off at Chelsea and Dietmar Hamann and Peter Crouch return in place of cup-tied Robbie Fowler and injured Xabi Alonso.

Liverpool haven't beat Manchester United in the FA Cup for 85 years, but Rafa has played a strong hand in his attempt to change that.

Liverpool, Reina, Riise, Carragher, Hyypia, Finnan, Gerrard, Hamann, Kewell, Sissoko, Crouch, Morientes. Subs - Dudek, Garcia, Cisse, Traore, Krompkamp.

Manchester United line up as follows:

Van der Sar, Neville, Vidic, Brown, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Fletcher, Richardson, Giggs, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy.

Very happy with that.

8)