You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

They and those who are propping up this pariah state, along with those who purposely turn a blind eye to this oppression (the media), are the scum of this Earth.

The people who fall for this deception and then peddle the state/media fed narrative are not that far behind.

There's definitely hypocrisy around this issue. Though I think there's some inconsistencies to be found on all sides. You've of course got those who are rightly concerned with the situation in the Ukraine, against the war and against Russia's part in it who either turn a blind eye to other things, or actively dampen it down like the above example, then you've also got those who are rightly very vocal about the US/UK's wars, some of whom basically made a living off it for the best part of 20 years, who barely mention Russia - the aggressor, bombing civilians - when talking about this, but spend ages talking about how it's a consequence of NATO's actions, and spend ages making videos, tweets, speeches about that. It's almost as if these people are doing what's popular and what's politically convenient rather than actually giving a fuck about the impact of war on civilians.

Anyway, hypocrisy is far less of a crime to me than what's actually happening in these countries so I intend to focus more on that. 

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Now not only are you trolling but you are littering the sacred GF with fuckin f**ty.

atomic-mushroom-cloud-explosion-2-2.gif&

How am I trolling? Clown. 

I question those who have an issue with it being pointed out. If I'd put it on the ff I'd have had the cry arses crying. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

How am I trolling? Clown. 

I question those who have an issue with it being pointed out. If I'd put it on the ff I'd have had the cry arses crying. 

Are-you-serious-eddie-murphy-oh-really-s

Your shameless homoerotic infatuation with a certain poster is barely tolerable - f##ty on the mighty GF is not.

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Are-you-serious-eddie-murphy-oh-really-s

Your shameless homoerotic infatuation with a certain poster is barely tolerable - f##ty on the mighty GF is not.

Oh right, someone mentions anything to do with that particular conflict and it's about Strontz? It rarely ever is and I make it blatant if I'm aiming something at him. I doubt he even bothers with this thread these days. The hypocrisy needed pointing out, fuck all to do with SD. 

Neg accepted for FF on the GF though, I was torn where to put it you fucking shelf. Apologies. 

I don’t see the issue with the point those lads have made about the flag.

They we’re simply pointing out that on the occasion they brought it they faced a response inconsistent with the club’s actions yesterday.

• Upvote 1

A tough watch, but a necessary one.

Abbey Martin’s “Gaza Fights For Freedom” (2019) is not yet banned on YouTube, although most of her work recently has been, as she gets caught up in the reaction to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Must admit it is refreshing and highly encouraging to see people capable of understanding nuances and intricacies of Palestinian situation so much that they see it goes well beyond and cannot just be restricted to the fact Palestinians are led by Hamas, an organization of questionable ideology with a main ally in Iranian proxy with a highly descriptive name of Islamic Jihad.

We can therefore wish, or dare I say, expect this nuanced approach and same analytical ability would at least occasionally be extended to other regions and situations.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Must admit it is refreshing and highly encouraging to see people capable of understanding nuances and intricacies of Palestinian situation so much that they see it goes well beyond and cannot just be restricted to the fact Palestinians are led by Hamas, an organization of questionable ideology with a main ally in Iranian proxy with a highly descriptive name of Islamic Jihad.

We can therefore wish, or dare I say, expect this nuanced approach and same analytical ability would at least occasionally be extended to other regions and situations.

Surely you aren't justifying the continuous persecution of the Palestinian people because of it's leadership? 

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

How did you manage to take this from what I wrote?

I read between the lines. 

Whilst it's not entirely comparable to the Ukraine situation, there are still areas where hypocrisy can be pointed out. 

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

Their are indeed differences, Hamas are democratically elected whilst the Ukrainian government of 2014 was installed by a coup,

https://jacobinmag.com/2022/02/maidan-protests-neo-nazis-russia-nato-crimea

24 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What the 2014 Ukrainian storming of parliament?

Before your boy fled the capital (Russain special forces took him away) he signed an agrement with the opposition about snap presidential elections to be held the same year. Which they were. And a few more democratic elections were held after that, including the one current government won. But you knew all that, because you took time to research it.