You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

53 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I didn't hint at anything other than there is usually a reason behind people's actions. They don't usually attack the funerals as far as I know, and this one in particular would have been very politically sensitive. I've seen the footage and asked a question, because neither of the two newspaper articles I skimmed through offered any and assumed people who follow the situation more closely would know the background.

Since they were carrying a coffin, I presumed she wasn't a Muslim and they were going towards a graveyard in east Jerusalem which may be some disputed / restricted area.

According to Wikipedia, she was a Christian and the coffin was headed towards the Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Virgin and she was buried at Mount Zion cemetery. I'd be surprised if it was particularly restricted or disputed (because cemeteries are usually open to funerals).

9 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Who on Earth would do such a thing???

Shouldn't the question be, who would refer to people as thieves for entering a property they had legitimately purchased from its Palestinian owners?

(I can give you the answer if you really need it)

• Downvote 2

What possible context could explain or justify this barbaric attack on a fucking funeral procession? Has anyone who's questioned what they're seeing found one yet? If so, please share it.

The Israeli state is, yet again, behaving like a rogue state, and their enforcement agents (the police, the military and the secret service) needing reining in, once and for all. This shit is just the latest in a long line of actions that would shame a tinpot dictatorship, never mind a self-proclaimed beacon of liberalism and democracy.

It won't happen, of course, because if there's one thing Israeli apologists have mastered, it's convincing the world that any condemnation of their beloved states actions is racist.

• Upvote 2

Interesting to see even the BBC have spoken about it. Apparently some ‘Arabs’ were throwing stones. Throwing stones at who? And why were “who” even there? Aah to incite violence as per usual then the victim card comes out. 

She was murdered for telling the truth. 

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Shouldn't the question be, who would refer to people as thieves for entering a property they had legitimately purchased from its Palestinian owners?

(I can give you the answer if you really need it)

Hi, Honey, so nice of you to join us (instead of just snidely negging).

A women being interviewed by Al Jazerah just made an excellent point. The murdered journalist was Christian and the coffin she was being carried was adorned by crucifix yet after the horrific scenes yesterday, which were broadcast all across the world, as yet we've heard nothing from the church, nothing from Rome. 

Edit; our Church of England have this morning tweeted the online prayer for day, here you go,

Amen.

Israeli government damage control in full flow - context (it was broadcast live dickheads), rocks, etc. Even saw a blue tick official Israeli account saying ‘rioters’ were hiding under the coffin. Total shitbags. 

3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Israeli government damage control in full flow - context (it was broadcast live dickheads), rocks, etc. Even saw a blue tick official Israeli account saying ‘rioters’ were hiding under the coffin. Total shitbags. 

Suprised they haven't Hamas terrorists were hiding in the coffin.

14 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

The Israeli state is, yet again, behaving like a rogue state, and their enforcement agents (the police, the military and the secret service) needing reining in, once and for all. This shit is just the latest in a long line of actions that would shame a tinpot dictatorship, never mind a self-proclaimed beacon of liberalism and democracy.

It won't happen, of course, because if there's one thing Israeli apologists have mastered, it's convincing the world that any condemnation of their beloved states actions is racist.

Yeah, they do what they do with impunity. They could do just about anything they want to Muslims inside the occupied territories and get away with it. They'll keep doing it until they are stopped, and they won't be stopped. So... 

Fair play to Peston for having the balls to explicitly name those who should be criticised. 

A notable contrast to the mealy mouthed Twitter posts from the likes of Wes Streeting and David Lammy who are prepared to express their distress at what happened at the funeral, but are just too scared to say the I word and to be critical of the I word. 

If they mean what they say, then they should leave Labour Friends of Apartheid. Or at least have the balls to criticise the I word. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Fair play to Peston for having the balls to explicitly name those who should be criticised. 

A notable contrast to the mealy mouthed Twitter posts from the likes of Wes Streeting and David Lammy who are prepared to express their distress at what happened at the funeral, but are just too scared to say the I word and to be critical of the I word. 

If they mean what they say, then they should leave Labour Friends of Apartheid. Or at least have the balls to criticise the I word. 

Labour Friends of Israel claim that they support the two-state solution. Great. So you should have no hesitation in condemning any actions to prevent a viable Palestinian state.

Before somebody starts lying again. Disgusting. Thankfully the world are really starting to wake up to these cunts. It's good to see the amount of jews condemning it as well. If the JC and Stephen Pollard had an ounce of decency they would condemn this. They haven't so they won't. The world won't/can't stand for this much longer. The next generation do seem to be more weighted towards humanity and decency.