You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

Absolutely fuming at that defeat because of that period in the second half where we should have put the game to bed but somehow contrived to let them back into it. 

You'll never hear the last of this game even if they get twatted 5-0 by City in the final. 

We played Thursday, Utd played last Saturday.

Since New Year we have played a lot more games than them.

We looked really tired in extra time, all understandable really.

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Careful not to tar all of us with that brush. Plenty of us knew that playing Manchester United at Old Trafford in the only competition they have left would be a challenging situation.

Nobody who saw the Michael Thomas goal is complacent about anything to do with this club. Maybe this will teach the youngsters a similar lesson for life. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Hysterical? Blaming one player? Don’t think so mate. You absolute top level tool. I made an observation, didn’t ‘blame’ him & i’m far from hysterical. You prick   

I'm sorry. Hope you're okay mate. Didn't mean to upset you.

2 minutes ago, Code said:

We played Thursday, Utd played last Saturday.

Since New Year we have played a lotbmore games than them.

We looked really tired in extra time, all understandable really.

IMG_0252.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

Rubbish. We had them our forwards were fucking shite otherwise that's done and dusted on the hour

42 minutes ago, Moo said:

I agree, I said Jürgen picked the wrong team today, imo.

We're never going to turn up against united with a team full of kids in a FA cup quarterfinal unless Roy Hodgson somehow takes the manager's job again, even Brendan Rodgers isn't that clueless. The team we put out had more than enough quality to win the game and that was on display for the majority of the second half. They just didn't take their chances and the subs were unfortunately woeful outside of Elliot and Tsimikas, the former of which also made a huge mistake and the latter barely had time to get into the game.

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The Arsenal attitude struck again. We never learn.

The two things you believe; that we have no depth and that this team are mentally weak, are actually this teams biggest strengths. It is pretty unbelievable stuff. 

I think most will agree that Liverpool has been a truly great team in most of Klopp`s time here, while United has been very mediocre in the same period. I looked into the match stats against United in Klopp`s time here, in all competitions:

Liverpool wins: 7

Draws: 8

United wins: 5

Among our wins are the most satisfying humiliations of all time (7-0, 5-0 and 4-0), performances that we will never forget.

Still, it is surprising to see that we have failed to beat them in 13 of 20 attempts in this period. This is worse figures than I guessed before looking into them.

Anyone making arrogant predictions before the league match 7. april should be kicked hard in the nuts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Judge said:

I think most will agree that Liverpool has been a truly great team in most of Klopp`s time here, while United has been very mediocre in the same period. I looked into the match stats against United in Klopp`s time here, in all competitions:

Liverpool wins: 7

Draws: 8

United wins: 5

Among our wins are the most satisfying humiliations of all time (7-0, 5-0 and 4-0), performances that we will never forget.

Still, it is surprising to see that we have failed to beat them in 13 of 20 attempts in this period. This is worse figures than I guessed before looking into them.

Anyone making arrogant predictions before the league match should be kicked hard in the nuts.

I take on board what you say and I should know better than most as I've never seen us win there but we are miles better than them. It's incredible we lost that today. 

1 minute ago, Smell The Glove said:

I take on board what you say and I should know better than most as I've never seen us win there but we are miles better than them. It's incredible we lost that today. 

Yes, we are miles better than them, but we are seldom able to take advantage of that. Strange.

1 hour ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Don't care what anyone says or even worse fucking jinxes it, I am already dreading the league game over there. These cunts will be totally up for it. 

On the evidence of our Old Trafford game management today, I’d be happy enough with a draw there.

We’d need to win at Goodison then. 

Any combination of four points from those two fixtures would be acceptable. 

• Upvote 1

We play into their hands.. hmm everyone is forward I will try to pass this ball through the eye of a needle where if it's not perfect they have acres of space to run into.... yes I'll do that!

Jesus I'm still livid with the idiocy of our play today. Time to just give football a break.