You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sparta Prague (A) - EL R16, 1st leg - Thu 7th Mar 2024 (5:45pm)

21 minutes ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

That was an oversight on my part for which I apologise. A front three of him, Ngog and Voronin would do nicely. I'd like to see Cole in midfield though that might be asking too much of the Danish powerhouse.

The Doss is showing signs of fatigue I'm afraid. Time for young Jack Robinson though to step up.

I like the thinking.

I'd go for Aquilani in midfield over joke hole, but sadly he broke a fingernail this morning and is out for a month 

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

I like the thinking.

I'd go for Aquilani in midfield over joke hole, but sadly he broke a fingernail this morning and is out for a month 

*Shudders*

The Cancer+Aids years, adroitly helmed by Hodgson, is much more traumatic than most of us would like to admit.

13 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I'd Roy Evans it up. "Razor" Ruddock, McAteer, Redknapp, McManaman and lots of other silly names. 

Ooooooooooooooooh they don't make them like that any more. 

Thing is Roy Evan's teams play football that was pleasing to the eye, kind of shit at defending though (sexy Argentine shagging-on-the-dance-floor tango in attack, Morris dancing defence at the back). The Owl's vintage however was, how do you put it... shit.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't want to derail this thread to the Sunday's game but I disagree, I want a win. A draw would mean we will be fighting with 2 teams all the way. 

We all want a win mate

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Just noticed the fucking time of the game. Meeting in 15 mins then better finish 

Blimey. 

I’ve gone early to work from home because I forgot something.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Strontium said:

GIFK6sSWUAAO7uh?format=jpg&name=small

Listing the team by their squad number is a right pain in the arse, takes me a minute to figure how the side is setting up.

• Upvote 6

Kelleher

Gomez1 Quansah Konate Robbo 

Elliott Endo Macca

Gakpo Nunez Diaz

Subs:

Maybe VvD at HT for Konate, and a bit later McConnell (or Clark depending on the score) for Mac Allister, Szoboszlai for Nunez and Salah for Diaz. 

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Listing the team by their squad number is a right pain in the arse, takes me a minute to figure how the side is setting up.

Quansah and Konaté are the centre back partnership, mate.