You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sparta Prague (A) - EL R16, 1st leg - Thu 7th Mar 2024 (5:45pm)

35 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Thanks for the circle, wouldn't have believed you otherwise. Can't see him in the second one though.

No worries, Im here to please. 

The Danny’s injury is a blow because it makes it really difficult to rotate up front. I think Diaz really needs a rest, but it’s hard to leave him out unless you start Darwin and Mo, and maybe put Diaz on after 45. Darwin realistically needs to start today and Sunday.

The defence is ok. I might even risk playing Adrian in this one just in case he’s needed at any point down the line and to give Kweef a rest. I can’t see Virgil getting a rest unfortunately, but I’d like to see Bradley have a rest.

In midfield I wouldn’t want to risk Endo or Macca, but could have them both in the bench

I’d probably go:

Adrian 

Gomez

Quansah

VVD

Tsimikas

Clark

Dom

Elliott

Darwin

Gakpo

Mo (if fit)

subs

Kelleher

Bradley

Robbo

Konate

Endo

Macca

McConnell

Diaz

Kelleher

Gomez

Quansah

Konate

Tsimikas

Endo

Clark

McConnell

Koumas

Nunez

Gakpo

Subs (from below depending on how many allowed on bench, not sure, is it 10 or can you put on bench all travelling squad?)

Adrian

Mrozek

Bradley

VVD

Diaz

Szoboslzai

Elliott

Salah

Gordon

Mac Allister

Robertson

Musialowski

26 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Me neither. I’m thinking a draw would not be the end of the world 

I don't want to derail this thread to the Sunday's game but I disagree, I want a win. A draw would mean we will be fighting with 2 teams all the way. 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I don't want to derail this thread to the Sunday's game but I disagree, I want a win. A draw would mean we will be fighting with 2 teams all the way. 

We're fighting with two teams for the title regardless of what happens on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Probably not feasible, but I'm hoping to see an XI full of players I've never heard of before.

You want Mo to go into Sunday cold?  I'd rather he got some minutes here first.

I wouldn't mind Darwin and Mo getting 45 minutes each.

14 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You want Mo to go into Sunday cold?  I'd rather he got some minutes here first.

I wouldn't mind Darwin and Mo getting 45 minutes each.

More likely Darwin gets an hour and Mo 30 mins to knock some rust off.  And probably score. Dom an hour as well.

Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil and Konate 45 each, Tsimikas, Endo, Dom, Clark, Elliott, Gakpo, Nunez.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

If you aren't starting Jovanovic you are not being serious.

That was an oversight on my part for which I apologise. A front three of him, Ngog and Voronin would do nicely. I'd like to see Cole in midfield though that might be asking too much of the Danish powerhouse.

The Doss is showing signs of fatigue I'm afraid. Time for young Jack Robinson though to step up.