You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Wed 31st Jan 2024 (8:15pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Just been watching young Bradley's interview. Despite being a bit shy he came over very well .

I'm embarrassed to recall posting about needing backup at RB this window. The lad has been sensational.  

In fairness we might need a backup for Bradley once we move Trent in to midfield.

In a desperate attempt, belatedly, to appear even remotely keen to be 'non-partisan,' they've added Robbie Fowler, looking like Pitt the Younger after his last pint of port, to supplement LFC-hating Ferdinand and Joe Cole. How sweet.

Best performance of the season so far. There's been some crazy games at Anfield this calendar year so far. 4 goals at home to Newcastle, 5 at home against Norwich, and 4 again tonight, and yet at the final whistle of each game I've been left thinking we really should have scored twice as many. 

I'm not really sure what to say about Nunez. He certainly needs to start putting some chances away but he certainly needs a change of luck. I remember it feeling like we were cursed in front of goal in Dalglish's second spell here, but that was more the team as a whole. It's like the spirit of that entire team has possessed the body of just one striker, as he seems to continuously find new ways of being unlucky. No excuses for missing the penalty, though, and I must admit I had a feeling he was going to miss it and was disappointed when it became apparent he was taking it instead of Mac Allister.

I did think we really got away with one with their second penalty shout as it looked a stonewall penalty to me. Then again, God knows what the guy on VAR was doing for most of the night. I've still no idea why there were such long reviews for the first 2 goals. What exactly was he looking for on the second one after the challenge just as the ball was passed to Bradley had been cleared? It would have been ridiculous if it had gone to 3-2 and we'd been faced with a nervy finish after being so dominant. Still. we've had enough bad calls go against us this year so it's about time we got one go the other way.  

Good all round team performance, although Bradley was of course the obvious stand out. He had such a good game that it's actually going to be hard to leave him out at the weekend. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

In a desperate attempt, belatedly, to appear even remotely keen to be 'non-partisan,' they've added Robbie Fowler, looking like Pitt the Younger after his last pint of port, to supplement LFC-hating Ferdinand and Joe Cole. How sweet.

Some of us are so paranoid!

Loved that one, ladies and gents, absolutely loved it.

Fucking love this group of players, so much fresher and better than last season.

Nothing would make me happier than to see us crowned champions in front of The Kop on the final day of the season. These lads and our wonderful beloved manager deserve nothing less.

Win it all.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

First one is never a pen. The second is a stonewall pen, for me. 

But, fuck it, “mistakes happen, get on with it!” etc, etc 

If we press like that from now on, how long before the “inhaler” shouts start again? 

Other way around for me, first one I wouldn't have complained too much about.  Second incident is pathetic, it was foot to foot at about half a mile per hour, there wasn't anywhere near enough force, I'm surprised he even felt it, yet he shoots up in the air and rolls around like his foot has been chopped off. Should be a red card for cuntishness

• Upvote 1