You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Worst acting performances

Section_31

9 hours ago, razor said:

There's been other threads on this.  And in them I pointed out that the worst, and most deeply offensive, acting performance is Juliette Lewis inconsistently playing an autistic woman in The Other Sister.

The performance is horrendous and only rivalled by the male lead in ... The Other Sister.

So, congratulations to a lad called Giovanni Ribisi for that.

Makes Ben Stiller's Simple Jack look like Robert De Niro in Raging Bull.

That’s phenomenal. 

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

As silly as Son of Anarchy got, I thought he held up his end okay enough.

It was just about ignorable but he wasn't remotely convincing. I watched it all (giving up somewhere in the last two absurd series) several years after it came out, then watched Yellowstone afterwards. Cole Hauser's Rip was so good in comparison that I may be remembering it harshly.

22 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It was just about ignorable but he wasn't remotely convincing. I watched it all (giving up somewhere in the last two absurd series) several years after it came out, then watched Yellowstone afterwards. Cole Hauser's Rip was so good in comparison that I may be remembering it harshly.

Very surprised at that.

I thought the first four seasons were a bit melodramatic, but mostly good TV, before it descended into satire over the last two years

That said, even at its best, I couldn’t imagine recommending it to you. Your sensibilities are, erm, slightly different from the Sons’ over the top storytelling style.

2 hours ago, Trumo said:

Shelley Duvall in The Shining has always grated on me. Kubrick practically tortured her on set to get the desired mental breakdown, but it always looks like she is responding to directions mid-scene.

Didn't help that she played Olive Oyl in the Popeye film around the same time.

Cage in the appalling remake of The Wicker Man takes some beating.

26 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Didn't help that she played Olive Oyl in the Popeye film around the same time.

Cage in the appalling remake of The Wicker Man takes some beating.

Cage in a lot of things! Even in The Rock (Brilliant film) he's absolutely shite! 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cage in a lot of things! Even in The Rock (Brilliant film) he's absolutely shite! 

He's weird. I thought after his early-ish films that he was going to be a serious actor- he got an Oscar and multiple Golden Globe nominations- but he's done an absolute fuckton of complete shite.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Mook said:

Sophia Coppola in Godfather III is probably worth a shout.

That shout being

"OI! COPPOLA! NO! YOU MAY WELL IMPRESS A PRETENTIOUS CROWD WITH YOUR AMBLING DIRECTION OF NOTHING-REALLY-HAPPENS ARTHOUSE FILMS, BUT YOU ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL BE AN ACTOR, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET BEHIND THAT CAMERA YOU EMBARRASSING WOODEN BASTARD!"

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, razor said:

There's been other threads on this.  And in them I pointed out that the worst, and most deeply offensive, acting performance is Juliette Lewis inconsistently playing an autistic woman in The Other Sister.

The performance is horrendous and only rivalled by the male lead in ... The Other Sister.

So, congratulations to a lad called Giovanni Ribisi for that.

Makes Ben Stiller's Simple Jack look like Robert De Niro in Raging Bull.

Fucking hell. I couldn't even watch the full trailer.

(For what it's worth, Giovanni Ribisi was good fun in My Name Is Earl.)

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Very surprised at that.

I thought the first four seasons were a bit melodramatic, but mostly good TV, before it descended into satire over the last two years

That said, even at its best, I couldn’t imagine recommending it to you. Your sensibilities are, erm, slightly different from the Sons’ over the top storytelling style.

Sorry, I meant the last two series. Enjoyed the previous four. The last couple though, when it was just a fucking blood bath every week without a cop to be seen...yeah, not for me.

You're right though, I find very few programmes watchable. Hence having watched every episode of The Thick of It about eight times. Going to go through all of Deadwood again soon. 

31 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

The Sand Snakes in Game of Thrones:

sand-snakes.png

A rather aesthetically appealing group of gals, but there is good and not good.

Their acting was not good.

Yeah but the one on the left I'd give her memories she could recall in an instant to display genuine disgust, horror and disappointment to an Oscar worthy level.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

The Sand Snakes in Game of Thrones:

sand-snakes.png

A rather aesthetically appealing group of gals, but there is good and not good.

Their acting was not good.

The tits on the one in the left are in the top 5 tv tits of all time 

TV that is, not film. Still can't get my head around the chebs on the bird that pops out the cake in Under Siege. A full throttle pause moment if ever there was one. Bird in Road House as well. Can't believe Dalton covered her up the dancing fanny 

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The tits on the one in the left are in the top 5 tv tits of all time 

TV that is, not film. Still can't get my head around the chebs on the bird that pops out the cake in Under Siege. A full throttle pause moment if ever there was one. Bird in Road House as well. Can't believe Dalton covered her up the dancing fanny 

I think that’s not an unfair conclusion.

Given I first brought her up, it is right that I present her enduring work:

rosabell-laurenti-sellers-from-game-of-t

Rosabel-optimized.jpg

As you alluded to a top 5, I think it entirely appropriate and justified for me to evidence the greatest moments in the 21st century:

nathalie_emmanuel_nude.jpg

nathalie_emmanuel_nude_enhanced.jpg

13 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Andrew Scott as Moriarty in Sherlock, terrible performance. Adrien Brody in almost everything he's done. Charlie Hunnam in everything he's done.

Fuck - that is defo one. That football violence film where he tries to do a London accent. Fuck. Me.

I’ll have a look for a clip. It’s beyond horrendous