You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Q&A for the pod

dave u

• dave u unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Based on being the first to watch and comment on virtually every episode across 4 full seasons of Succession, how old will Jordan Henderson have to be before @Carvalho Diablo stops watching his post-LFC matches?

This one could be run as a forum raffle, with whoever gets closest to the correct number of years hence scooping the pot?

I've been smited.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, No2 said:

On Ben Doak, has anyone ever seen a player lead their dribble with their wrong foot? I don't remember ever seeing anyone do that, on the clip posted in his thread he leads with his right foot in the first half and his left foot in the 2nd.

I mentioned this on a recent pod, how he dribbles with his left foot and I think that confuses defenders as its so unorthodox.

On 11/09/2023 at 19:31, Vincent Vega said:

Top 10 favourite highlights/moments in Klopp’s time as manager.

9 hours ago, Chris said:

Well do that as a standalone at some point. 

Any chance we can arrange this one for the next international break in October? Gives you a bit of time to rack your brains, though I’d imagine the top five or six should leap out at you all.

7 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Any chance we can arrange this one for the next international break in October? Gives you a bit of time to rack your brains, though I’d imagine the top five or six should leap out at you all.

Wonder if it might make a better pod of we get a top ten from the forum and then debate the order as well discuss the moments themselves on the pod. Basically the MOTD Top 10 format. Think it might help keep things relatively focused. It also lends itself to people giving different perspectives on the same events, with anecdotes from personal experience. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Wonder if it might make a better pod of we get a top ten from the forum and then debate the order as well discuss the moments themselves on the pod. Basically the MOTD Top 10 format. Think it might help keep things relatively focused. It also lends itself to people giving different perspectives on the same events, with anecdotes from personal experience. 

That could work, but do you lads want a top 10 imposed on you? I also think if it’s the forum that decide as a group, it will make the selection much more predictable. I’d like to see a few unpredictable moments discussed like maybe the injury time winner in the 5-4 against in Klopp’s first season when he broke his glasses in the celebrations with the players. Complete craziness that epitomised the magic of Klopp. Or maybe when we beat City 4-3 at home in their 100 points season. I thought that game confirmed what a special front three Klopp had assembled and that we would soon be in a position to challenge.

I think if the forum choose 10 I can almost certainly guarantee eight of the chosen moments now. I’m sure we all have personal individual moments we remember for all sorts of reasons, some that others might have forgotten and think something like that might be more interesting.

Maybe if the forum chooses we could make it the top 15 or 20 moments to broaden the range and then you lads get 10 minutes to discuss each of them? But I’m happy enough to go with whatever you lads decide, I’m sure it will make a great listen regardless.

• Upvote 1

On 11/09/2023 at 17:09, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Which player from a different club would you have loved to see playing for Liverpool. Pick one who has played in England and one who has played anywhere.  Dave can't have Richarlison twice though.

I am going to plagiarise this for a thread of it's own on here. Great question too.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

That could work, but do you lads want a top 10 imposed on you? I also think if it’s the forum that decide as a group, it will make the selection much more predictable. I’d like to see a few unpredictable moments discussed like maybe the injury time winner in the 5-4 against Norwich in Klopp’s first season when he broke his glasses in the celebrations with the players. Complete craziness that epitomised the magic of Klopp. Or maybe when we beat City 4-3 at home in their 100 points season. I thought that game confirmed what a special front three Klopp had assembled and that we would soon be in a position to challenge.

I think if the forum choose 10 I can almost certainly guarantee eight of the chosen moments now. I’m sure we all have personal individual moments we remember for all sorts of reasons, some that others might have forgotten and think something like that might be more interesting.

Maybe if the forum chooses we could make it the top 15 or 20 moments to broaden the range and then you lads get 10 minutes to discuss each of them? But I’m happy enough to go with whatever you lads decide, I’m sure it will make a great listen regardless.

Obviously should have put Norwich in there.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

That could work, but do you lads want a top 10 imposed on you? I also think if it’s the forum that decide as a group, it will make the selection much more predictable. I’d like to see a few unpredictable moments discussed like maybe the injury time winner in the 5-4 against in Klopp’s first season when he broke his glasses in the celebrations with the players. Complete craziness that epitomised the magic of Klopp. Or maybe when we beat City 4-3 at home in their 100 points season. I thought that game confirmed what a special front three Klopp had assembled and that we would soon be in a position to challenge.

Basically, I’m saying my memory is so shit I need someone else to remind me of all the great stuff. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Basically, I’m saying my memory is so shit I need someone else to remind me of all the great stuff. 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Haha, i can recognise that feeling myself after recently turning 53. No harm setting up a suggestions thread, and then you lads can take your own picks from those suggested. 

I must be very advanced for my age, as I have this issue at a spritely 42

• Upvote 1