You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Q&A for the pod

dave u

13 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I think Klopp will retire.

He's spoken multiple times about not spending too much time in football management. He'll be nearly 60 at the end of his contract here, and apparently a delay to his house in Germany being built played a part in his decision to stay on here.

Never heard the thing about a house before. 

11 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

Thoughts on Gakpo? I think he lacks intensity and aggression so far in his career with us.

Is Ali our best ever keeper?

Should we sack the domestic cups off this season and concentrate on the league and Europa League?

I presume we will play a 2nd choice 11 for the pre-Christmas rounds of the League Cup. If we qualify for the semi-finals, he may play a few more dirst choice players.

The FA Cup 3rd and 4th rounds are in January with the League Cup semis. A bit of juggling might be needed but there is only one League game and no European game from 30th December to 31st January. 

I think we could be busy from February on, but wouldn't it be great

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

I think Klopp will retire.

He's spoken multiple times about not spending too much time in football management. He'll be nearly 60 at the end of his contract here, and apparently a delay to his house in Germany being built played a part in his decision to stay on here.

I agree plus he now has a grandchild who he often goes back to see and speaks of such love for him.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

Choose wisely

Everton to get relegated and don’t come up for twenty years

or

Manchester Yernited don’t win a trophy for another twenty years.

That’s a difficult one. I think I’d choose Everton going down and hope United only win  the odd cup. If United were top and looked really well set for the future I might have chosen differently. 

Is it wrong to steal a loaf of bread to feed your starving family? Well, suppose you got a large starving family. Is it wrong to steal a truckload of bread to feed them? 

And, what if your family don't like bread? They like... cigarettes?Now, what if instead of giving them away, you sold them at a price that was practically giving them away. Would that be a crime?

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Moo said:

Possibly more of a theme for a separate podcast than a question, but if any of you doing this pod were at the obvious classic matches at Anfield, what are your recollections from the night/day? Thinking St Etienne (!), Auxerre, Mancs 3-3, the Newcastle 4-3 matches, Fowler's hat trick against Arsenal, and any other notable ones attended. There's others of course but those immediately spring to mind for me of those that pre-date the more recent classics under Jurgen.

I attended all of those mentioned except the St Etienne one. Boy was I spoiled when I used to go to the game.

My question is 'Has modern technology ruined the spectacle of the game?' Not just VAR but pitches which are immaculate,technology which obviously favours the rich clubs as they can afford the best while smaller clubs can't. Games and trophies are won before anybody kicks a ball. Discuss,maybe?

• dave u unpinned this topic