You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

2 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Because

a) Bellingham chose Madrid

b) We weren’t expecting £50 million for Fab and Hendo

a) might be fair enough but b) doesn’t wash. We haven’t spent £50m, we’ve spent £110m so could’ve spent an additional £50 over and above what we paid for Szoboslaz which gets you Bellingham.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cole wasn’t it? Wasn’t he 7 the year before we got Collymore for 6.5? 

Cole was 7 and then Collymore was 8.5 in summer 1995. Then scored that goal against Sheffield Wednesday on his debut. One like that for Caicedo against Chelsea would do.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

What a night on my invite-only twitter and the platinum forum! When I got that heads up and let the hardcore know we knew it would be a good morning. 

Congrats to fellow itk @El Rojo who guessed the correct time of the Pearce tweet in the sweep 

My friend, pity those who doubt our contacts in the game. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

a) might be fair enough but b) doesn’t wash. We haven’t spent £50m, we’ve spent £110m so could’ve spent an additional £50 over and above what we paid for Szoboslaz which gets you Bellingham.

Are you serious, mate?  It's looking increasingly likely that we're buying the best midfielder in the Premier League to fill our vacant No6 slot and you're using it as a reason to have a go about us not signing Bellingham...!?

Tough crowd.

• Upvote 3

We have the grandaughter the next few days and she was awake from 3am. Said I'd go downstairs with her because she wasn't closing her eyes and was full of energy.

Came on here to check if our elite itks like Paulie Dangerously and El Rojo could give us a Lavia update and came across news we were signing Caicedo. Needless to say she was getting as much Blippi and chocolate as she wanted and plenty of the big hitter toys on the mat. The wife woke up to utter destruction down here - no doubt feels like John does after hearing what Big Jorg has done to our revenue, but like Jorg I have the charisma and charm to weather the storm.

• Haha 6
  • Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, razor said:

Are you serious, mate?  It's looking increasingly likely that we're buying the best midfielder in the Premier League to fill our vacant No6 slot and you're using it as a reason to have a go about us not signing Bellingham...!?

Tough crowd.

If he’s that, then he’ll win me over. I didn’t realise he was that though. Is he?

• Upvote 1

Clubs seems all over the place when it comes to transfer strategy. Seems like a panic purchase. 

Wasn't Bellingham looking for mad wages and his father looking for a piece? Maybe the club didn't want to get involved in any shenanigans. 

Anyhow we've all said we should just buy Brighton's midfield and we more or less have just done that. Prefer this lad over Lavia anyhow - instant improvement. 

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Cole wasn’t it? Wasn’t he 7 the year before we got Collymore for 6.5? 

Cole went for £7m in early 1995. Collymore was that summer for £8.5m. I can't remember if Bergkamp went to Arsenal just before or just after we signed Collymore, but his fee was £7.5m (bargain). Shearer to Newcastle was the summer after that. Grealish was the British record (£100m, and the rest!) a couple of years back.

This is a monster of a deal if/when it comes off. I'm seeing figures of £110m being quoted (I wonder how much of that is add-ons) which is an awful lot for a player who is still a little bit raw, but Caicedo has attributes tailor-made for this league, and for Klopp's system. From what I can tell, Caicedo's game is very similar to peak Kante, and there's nothing wrong with that because peak Kante was an exceptional player.

15 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Clubs seems all over the place when it comes to transfer strategy. Seems like a panic purchase. 

Wasn't Bellingham looking for mad wages and his father looking for a piece? Maybe the club didn't want to get involved in any shenanigans. 

Anyhow we've all said we should just buy Brighton's midfield and we more or less have just done that. Prefer this lad over Lavia anyhow - instant improvement. 

I agree that we’ve been all over the place, but I’d have taken the two Brighton lads over Bellingham anyway and we also have Szloboszlai. Crazy window with proven quality over quantity. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average