You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average

an tha

My guess is it’s all for appearances. Funny that it’s only coming at a stage when Chelsea are seemingly trying to swipe Lavia. My guess is FSG sees two possible benefits: the illusion they tried to land the big fish and them and Chelsea agree not to outbid each other for their reality targets. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

My guess is it’s all for appearances. Funny that it’s only coming at a stage when Chelsea are seemingly trying to swipe Lavia. My guess is FSG sees two possible benefits: the illusion they tried to land the big fish and them and Chelsea agree not to outbid each other for their reality targets. 

It seems as if we contacted Brighton before Chelsea made the Lavia bid

16 minutes ago, Chris said:

It looks incredibly embarrassing though. We've already been rejected by Bellingham, Mount, Collwill possibly. 

You just know that Chelsea fans will be lauding it over us if he joins them.

If we don't sign him now, there's no positive spin on this, only negative.

• Upvote 1

There is no way we bid for him without knowing something.

This whole Lavia thing was strange, it always felt like we were waiting for somebody else. I thought it was Tchoumeni after Mbappe said he was off, i felt Madrid might sell to raise funds. But maybe we knew something was going on with Caicedo? 

I mean Chelsea have fucked around for a month trying to buy him too, the way Bohely splashes money it is strange why its taken them so long? Maybe the Nkunku injury has forced them into spending money on a striker instead?

There's some rumours he left Brighton 5 days ago and he's been waiting in London ever since. Maybe hes got pissed off with Chelsea and maybe Mac Allister has helped turn his head too? We just dont know, but things do change fast in football.

I just feel like there is no way we make a bid without knowing he will come here....I think it might happen.

He is fucking outstanding. An absolute warrior of a player and he has the confidence, ability and arrogance to play for our club. He is prime Kante levels in terms of not being beat in the middle of the pitch. He was even brilliant as a right back. We should go all out for him if there's even a sniff of turning his head away from Chelsea

• dave u changed the title to Dodged a bullet with Moises Caicedo / Code says he's bang average