You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

Hopefully nothing as Klopp suggests but all too often these things seem to end up being worse than first said...

Jürgen Klopp expects Alexis Mac Allister to return to Liverpool's squad for Wednesday's Premier League fixture with Chelsea.

The Argentina midfielder was left out of the Reds' Emirates FA Cup fourth-round win over Norwich City on Sunday due to a knock; however, the manager is confident he'll be able to call on his services again in midweek.

Klopp told his post-match press conference: "Alexis, I would say [if it was the] last game of the season, decider or whatever, he could have played, but in all games not.

"He felt a little bit and we just said no, no and I don't want to know more, so that's just it.

"We gave him a rest. I think he should be ready for Wednesday."

I reckon as endo will likely be gone a while yet, he's just being ultra cautious with him. 

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Be more than that methinks.

Not sure what Klopp said here - reads to me like more than 2 games....

On Mohamed Salah’s ongoing recovery from a muscle injury sustained at the Africa Cup of Nations, Klopp added: “Mo is not ready for this game, not ready for the next game and then not.

“He is injured, I’m not sure if that was a misunderstanding in the beginning. He is injured and a muscle injury takes time.

“It could have been much worse but he is not available in the moment, he is just doing his rehab.”

Liverpool must assess the fitness of Darwin Nunez ahead of Sunday’s visit to Arsenal.

Jürgen Klopp has revealed that the No.9 sustained a foot injury in Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Chelsea at Anfield and is not certain to feature at Emirates Stadium this weekend.

During his pre-match press conference on Friday morning, Klopp said: “I don’t know if Darwin is available or not because after 20 minutes somebody stepped on his foot and it was very painful after the game.

“He only took his boot off after the game because he didn’t want to see it before, he knew there was something. So, he left the stadium in a boot, and it was not a football boot.

“So, nothing broke, X-ray clear, but [it is] swollen and we have to see if he can get his foot back into a boot or not because we all know that takes time. I did not see him this morning so we have to wait a little bit.

Dominik Szoboszlai will be assessed further after he was ruled out of Liverpool’s trip to Arsenal due to injury.

The No.8 scored while making his first start since New Year’s Day following a hamstring problem in the Reds’ 4-1 win over Chelsea in midweek, but is absent from Sunday’s matchday squad at Emirates Stadium.

Jürgen Klopp told Sky Sports pre-match: “Dom felt in the same area, or pretty much a similar area, to where he was injured before.

“Not in the game, he was fine, and then after the game [he felt it] slightly so we had a look at it and there was now no chance for him to be involved in this game.

“We cannot take any risk. We have to wait for further assessment but it was clear that he cannot be involved today. That’s it, pretty much.”

28 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am told the twatisphere is saying Dom is out for 6 weeks. Which would be an absolutely massive cunt. 

Sure would. A real blow if true. 

I’d have Endo as a 6 with Mac and Jones ahead of him. 

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Just popped in to see if Thiago was injured yet.

Give him another couple of training sessions and im sure he'll deliver.

Hopefully a much shorter layoff for Szmith than was claimed though.