You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Neither are "I told you so" people who  only come here to talk about football owners in one note. I'll take my posts over yours, thank you very much.

Are you a fucking child? This is hilarious. I'd probably take your posts over mine as well, but then again I'd take pretty much anyone's over my own,, but did Simon ever start a thread about you 200 forum builds ago? Well then you need to get back in your box, rapscallion. 

• Upvote 1

And I rarely post because I have shit to do. Was posting back on the old BB buletin forum at the turn of the century, and although I rarely post, I still sub up to Dave even if I pop on to make the odd post here or there - so maybe superusers like some dickheads need to realise that contributing takes many forms.

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Hopefully he misses Sunday…

166B86EE-2039-46EE-90B8-88ACE3C432E1.png

Im not sure I see Brighton letting him go in this window anyway, not with this short amount of time left before the window closes, if anything a deal made now for him to move in summer will be the one. That being said it's also absolutely nuts to me that a lad signed a little under 2 years ago with 1600 PL minutes is subject to offers of £60m+(which will likely be turned down) no matter how good/potentially good he may well be.

11 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If he’s worth £60m after half a season Brighton should get him tied down and make twice that in a year or two. 

He already pretty much is, contracted until June 2025 and I believe there is an optional year extension in there to, Brighton really don't need to sell him currently.

If Brighton can get £80m from Chelsea, they'd be stupid to sell for less. Really well run little club. 

Also, people saying we should headhunt their recruiting team are being a bit unfair to our own scouts. We've a remarkable record under Klopp in identifying the right players. The problem is that we don't want to actually pay for them any more. 

10 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Are there some decent bosmans available this summer? It's hard to see with our spending record we go for Bellingham at all and if we do, surely there's nothing left for anyone else? 

Laimer, Rabiot, Aouar, Dahoud, Ceballos, Gagliardini.

There are a few others who would be on massive wages, and are quite old, and not even worth considering (Kante, Kroos, etc). 

• Upvote 1