You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

What? It’s only 50 miles.

CC4D2D8E-4048-4A75-AB7B-400EBC94FBE2.png

I’ve already received an email saying my train to Chelsea might be disrupted, just got deal with it. 

Put some free fucking buses on like they did for the FA Cup semi final 

19 minutes ago, dandyman said:

Put some free fucking buses on like they did for the FA Cup semi final 

It’s absolutely bollocks. Us and City were expected to do c.210m on a coach for 4 hours.

I appreciate that the AMEX has its own station, run some buses from the city centre and various other stops. 

Completely pathetic behaviour. 

30 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Ajax are playing well, Rangers have been absolute pish. 

I fully expect us to beat Ajax at Anfield. 

We have to snap out of this bloody malaise first.

Tonight is a tough away fixture and a draw would be a good result but we must beat Wolves at the weekend and beat them well

Just now, Dave D said:

We have to snap out of this bloody malaise first.

Tonight is a tough away fixture and a draw would be a good result but we must beat Wolves at the weekend and beat them well

We’re doing the right things. It’ll come.

Have a little faith. 

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We’re doing the right things. It’ll come.

Have a little faith. 

It feels like the league has gone from a ‘marathon’ as described by Bill Shankly, to a 1,500 metre or 800 metre race. So much more difficult to close a gap from a poor, slow start. Unfortunately. And due largely to City’s dominance it pains me to say. We’re the Andy Murray of the Premier League

8 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

It feels like the league has gone from a ‘marathon’ as described by Bill Shankly, to a 1,500 metre or 800 metre race. So much more difficult to close a gap from a poor, slow start. Unfortunately. And due largely to City’s dominance it pains me to say. We’re the Andy Murray of the Premier League

We closed the gap from 14 points to 1 point last season.

Nobody should be giving up at 5 points when there are 32 games to go. 

Cleary not the start we all wanted, a long, long way to go. We’re 3.6m into a marathon.  

Just now, Scott_M said:

Cleary not the start we all wanted, a long, long way to go. We’re 3.6m into a marathon.  

I think this has effected us mentally, in addition to losing a very winnable European Cup, I think we are suffering.

The hunger last year was tangible. 

7 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I was listening to Talksport waxing lyrical over Haaland driving home and it crossed my mind- would he be having the same effect if he signed for us? Factoring in playing styles and replacing Mane? 

i dont think he would 

Nobody has created more chances in the league this season than Salah, by an absolute mile. We just aren't, with one afternoon exception, converting our chances.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

What? It’s only 50 miles.

CC4D2D8E-4048-4A75-AB7B-400EBC94FBE2.png

I’ve already received an email saying my train to Chelsea might be disrupted, just got deal with it. 

Home fans also need public transport to reach the ground at the Amex. It's a few miles out of town, on a main road, so not enough parking around either.

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’ll pin my faith on that - cheered me up did that - ta